Author Topic: Clipping Central and Glitches Galore  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
Clipping Central and Glitches Galore
« on: July 01, 2008, 07:44:18 pm »
Post the most outrageous examples glitches or examples of clipping here. Whether intentional or accidental. Just for fun.

Clipping Cannon - He can either shoot you, or himself. He doesn't care one way or the other.

I made this guy, and noticed that when his arm when through his body (a complete accident at first)  it created a Foam-Mattress effect. Where his arm passed through his body, a huge gap was created.

I'm bored. So I figured I'd make this stupid topic. I'm also a bit annoyed with some of these really bizarre issues. I can understand clipping being unavoidable due to the nature of the beast that is procedural animation, but you'd think they'd correct some errors. I hope more people tag creature with breakprocanim, but cause some gaits are disastrously ugly too. I just realized I probably have more small text than big text, and most of you aren't bothering it to read it because in the end I'm just a small fish in this big pond. A small, not particularly liked fish. Like say maybe a Anchovy. A small, stinky, oily fish.

"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Re: Clipping Central and Glitches Galore
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 06:17:01 am »
How annoying your little text where to read. I had to use + several time >_>
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
Re: Clipping Central and Glitches Galore
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 12:29:08 am »
or just quote what he said.

Another example would be my Xtreme Extendoarms creature, I was bieng silly when I made that guy. I'm still deciding on whether to keep it and see how it acts in the full game or just delete it and label it extinct.

punch animation

These are all the scared animation.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 10:38:39 am by smjjames »