Author Topic: Spoiler Data Hidden in Creature Creator  (Read 50401 times)

Offline greyarea

• Mystery House Madman
  • Chobox isn't happy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spoiler Data Hidden in Creature Creator
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 03:54:58 pm »
Just a few nuggets..

0x00000011 ~guide: -h1~ Your Tribal Totem Pole

0x00000021 ~guide: -h2~ Your Tribal Totem Pole is a symbol of your success.

0x00000031 ~guide: -h2~ Each victorious destruction of another tribe or alliance with another tribe will add a totem piece. When you have accumulated five of them, your tribe has enough prestige to form a city!

There are three areas to invest in your vehicles, Power, Speed and Health.

In this stance, if you click on their tools, you will attempt to destroy them. If you click on a tribe member, you will attack them. If you click on the other tribe's food pile you will attempt to steal some of their food. And if you click on another tribe's baby, you will attempt to kidnap it.

At certain periods in the game your species will migrate to new locations
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 04:15:09 pm by greyarea »
A gamingsteve sporecast :)  (not comprehensive at all!)
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ssc-500012824849

Offline Orly

• Mystery House Madman
  • Read This Post, its probably annoying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008, 04:27:21 pm »
Epicizers!
This means that you could make a creature Epic with a push of the button!
lets just hope there is a undo button

Offline Travisko

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Clover!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 05:39:05 pm »
Civ Stage:

It's like playing Civilization with 9 units, a single type of resource and no research! Oh, and it's in real time!

That sounds exciting...

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2008, 05:47:33 pm »
Just a few nuggets..

0x00000011 ~guide: -h1~ Your Tribal Totem Pole

0x00000021 ~guide: -h2~ Your Tribal Totem Pole is a symbol of your success.

0x00000031 ~guide: -h2~ Each victorious destruction of another tribe or alliance with another tribe will add a totem piece. When you have accumulated five of them, your tribe has enough prestige to form a city!

There are three areas to invest in your vehicles, Power, Speed and Health.

In this stance, if you click on their tools, you will attempt to destroy them. If you click on a tribe member, you will attack them. If you click on the other tribe's food pile you will attempt to steal some of their food. And if you click on another tribe's baby, you will attempt to kidnap it.

At certain periods in the game your species will migrate to new locations
*headbang*
You can't kill other tribe's babies?
*headbangs at EA cutifying*
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2008, 05:52:20 pm »
Civ Stage:

It's like playing Civilization with 9 units, a single type of resource and no research! Oh, and it's in real time!

That sounds exciting...

It does sound exciting!.

Add in the fact that you create the buildings and units it sounds even more exciting!!!.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2008, 06:02:37 pm »
*headbang*

*punches you in the face*
Stop that. It wasn't EA's cutifying. It was a design decision. The ERSB would have to rate any game that inflicts harm to babies and children with a higher rating. It is also unacceptable in a social context and would be lampooned by the Media,  every Evangelist and Religious nut-job out there. Stop being so reactionary.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Travisko

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Clover!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2008, 06:05:57 pm »
Civ Stage:

That sounds exciting...

It does sound exciting!.

Add in the fact that you create the buildings and units it sounds even more exciting!!!.

Yeah but it's like mixing an extremely dumbed-down Civilization game, with an extremely dumbed down RTS. Then again I guess if it had a lot of complexity like you would normally see in any other game in either genre it might be too hard for a lot of people.

I guess I'm just hoping I'm misunderstanding them. They say you can only build 3 vehicle types - Land, Air and Sea. And you choose to either make them Military, Religious or Economic. Though I also understand you can focus your vehicles to excel in either Armor, Speed, or Damage. So I'm REALLY hoping you can make say 6 different land vehicles all diverse from one another and all Military. Like a Tank, and an Artillery, and a Buggy as a scout. Then I will be moderately entertained. If not, I'm probably going to be moderately disappointed and be rushing to just skip the phase to get to what I really wanna experience.. Space Phase :D

Offline MageLite

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2008, 06:18:33 pm »
Yeah but it's like mixing an extremely dumbed-down Civilization game, with an extremely dumbed down RTS. Then again I guess if it had a lot of complexity like you would normally see in any other game in either genre it might be too hard for a lot of people.

I guess I'm just hoping I'm misunderstanding them. They say you can only build 3 vehicle types - Land, Air and Sea. And you choose to either make them Military, Religious or Economic. Though I also understand you can focus your vehicles to excel in either Armor, Speed, or Damage. So I'm REALLY hoping you can make say 6 different land vehicles all diverse from one another and all Military. Like a Tank, and an Artillery, and a Buggy as a scout. Then I will be moderately entertained. If not, I'm probably going to be moderately disappointed and be rushing to just skip the phase to get to what I really wanna experience.. Space Phase :D

Actually there's 13 units. The notes mention diplomatic units for land, sea and air and harvesters appear to be a secondary economic land unit.

Now, I never expected something really complex or deep from the civ phase, that's not the focus of the game and it's meant to be very casual-friendly, but I have to agree that just 3 military units and one resource is too simple. How about say, gold, oil and iron nodes? Gold gives the most cash, Oil speeds up your economy and production with every node captured, iron cheapens the cost of buildings and units. And as for units, you could have say for Land Tanks and artillary as seperate units, in the air fighters and bombers, on sea battleships, submarines and carriers. I don't think that would be too stressing on anyone's neurons. In addition, economic and religous takeover looks, well boring. Not just in a no big booms kind of way, but rather they seem to be just waiting for enough money to pile up or other cities to be converted, without much real involvement.
Also, just three superpowers per path? And one in each is a 'I win' button? Weaksauce.

I think I've whined enough about the space stage and singular UFO for everyone to get the point.

Offline Travisko

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Clover!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2008, 06:35:37 pm »

Actually there's 13 units. The notes mention diplomatic units for land, sea and air and harvesters appear to be a secondary economic land unit.

Now, I never expected something really complex or deep from the civ phase, that's not the focus of the game and it's meant to be very casual-friendly, but I have to agree that just 3 military units and one resource is too simple. How about say, gold, oil and iron nodes? Gold gives the most cash, Oil speeds up your economy and production with every node captured, iron cheapens the cost of buildings and units. And as for units, you could have say for Land Tanks and artillary as seperate units, in the air fighters and bombers, on sea battleships, submarines and carriers. I don't think that would be too stressing on anyone's neurons. In addition, economic and religous takeover looks, well boring. Not just in a no big booms kind of way, but rather they seem to be just waiting for enough money to pile up or other cities to be converted, without much real involvement.
Also, just three superpowers per path? And one in each is a 'I win' button? Weaksauce.

I think I've whined enough about the space stage and singular UFO for everyone to get the point.

Interesting I didn't hear about the whole Diplomatic unit, but then again I only looked into these texts briefly. But yeah, I mean your unit type limit should be limited to your creativity. Also depending on size, bigger units have more HP but move slower, can be fitted with bigger or more powerful weapons (Giant spider-robots? Awesome... - Monkeylord Spiderbot lol) Considering the little amount of information released you can technically assume there's more that we haven't heard of. Even if there's only one resource type, I was skeptical about that but then I just think of Supreme Commander and it worked for them... (technically 2, but energy shouldn't really count) Though you idea of gold/iron/oil sounds much better than just "Spice".

But by the way things are looking it sounds like.

Military Units:
Tank
Aircraft
Boat

Whereas I'd rather it be something more like:
Military
Land units:
Jeep, Light Tank, Heavy Tank, Artillery, Mech, Megalith Walker

Sea Units:
Submarine, Frigate, Destroyer, Cruiser, Battleship

Air Units:
Scout, Fighter/Bomber, Air-Superiority Fighter, Strategic Bomber, Gunship

And things along those lines... Whereas if a player only wants 1 land unit type, he can probably do so with Zerging them. If a player wants to be more efficient, he can design multiple types of vehicles like I've suggested to utilize Tactics and Strategy to overcome enemies easier. With the AI and how it's supposed to work, basically if a player only designed 1 vehicle, the AI would adapt and only be as lame. If a player wages war with a whole onslaught of vehicles, the AI would do the same and fight back.

lol Well my hopes and ideas probably go meaningless so I'll stop now.

Then there's the whole space stage like you said and how it seems kinda lame on a point that you only get 1 ship... I agree... but I mostly look forward to just f***ing with other planets. Though the fun in that could get stale, galactic war would be fun as well if it would be possible.

Offline MageLite

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2008, 06:41:25 pm »
Well, I've got to disagree with having that many specific unit types, there's got to be room for experimentation and customisation with player-created units.

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2008, 06:43:28 pm »
*headbang*

Stop that. It wasn't EA's cutifying. It was a design decision. The ERSB would have to rate any game that inflicts harm to babies and children with a higher rating. It is also unacceptable in a social context and would be lampooned by the Media,  every Evangelist and Religious nut-job out there. Stop being so reactionary.
Listen.  Do you cry when a baby whatever gets killed on the Discovery channel?  Now if you were killing baby humans, I'd understand, but a baby Glorkzink is a toddler Glorkzink is a child Glorkzink is a teenage Glorkzink is an adult Glorkzink is an elderly Glorkzink.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2008, 06:44:36 pm »
What difference does it make, their all babies anyway.
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline sporeticus

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Who shall I sting next?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2008, 06:46:17 pm »
-snip-
Whereas I'd rather it be something more like:
Military
Land units:
Jeep, Light Tank, Heavy Tank, Artillery, Mech, Megalith Walker

Sea Units:
Submarine, Frigate, Destroyer, Cruiser, Battleship

Air Units:
Scout, Fighter/Bomber, Air-Superiority Fighter, Strategic Bomber, Gunship
-snip-

This is Spore not Supreme Commander  :D

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2008, 06:52:55 pm »
I bet ya their going to be add-ons and expansions that address these issues of military and religion units anyway. After all we are talking about a game made by the creator of the Sims and doesn't the first Sims game have what, 16 expansion packs now?
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2008, 06:53:33 pm »
*headbang*

Listen.  Do you cry when a baby whatever gets killed on the Discovery channel?  Now if you were killing baby humans, I'd understand, but a baby Glorkzink is a toddler Glorkzink is a child Glorkzink is a teenage Glorkzink is an adult Glorkzink is an elderly Glorkzink.
As a predator in creature stage, you can probably still kill other creatures' young. That's on discovery channel all the time.

As for tribal stage, its like OpDDay2001 said; if they had done that, the rating would have increased. The idea is that since a baby "Glorkzink" is being portrayed in the role of a tribal baby human, it counts. After all, look at all the humans and very humanoid looking creatures being made; if baby tribal creatures could be killed would it not be true that they could be as well?
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).