Author Topic: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2  (Read 12810 times)

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
« on: June 25, 2008, 01:11:11 pm »
Exists.

Why the hell did I only find out about it now, two days before it comes out? Did no-one else here play the first one?

I got 100% completion on the damn thing. It was great.

Not a winner anymore.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 01:41:03 pm »
I wasn't a fan of the first one... I'm more of a hardcore RPG fan. Still, it's a Final Fantasy title so it'll probably be pretty good.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 03:05:38 pm »
i wanted to make this topic!  :D

i already have it so...its pretty much the same as last...with a few changes here and there

although there are like...70!!! difrent classes...for starters you have every collor of mage you can think of...then theres all the usual soldier archer palladin kinda stuff...and also weird things like ninja or dentist

...well...maybe not dentist

but you get the point

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 03:49:24 pm »
Do you have the ability to combine classes? That was always my favorite class system feature.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 11:59:30 pm »
not really....

you cant just switch classes for every guy just like that...they have to have experience in certain classes

to be a paladin for example you need some experience in warrior before you can move on to that class

and for some classes you need experience in difrent classes to be able to use it...

but there isnt really combining them

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 01:38:13 am »
Huh, I didn't know the release of this game was already on us.

I really enjoyed the first one, but could never could finish 100% due to a lake of a trading partner for a second blood apple. One of my Paladins wasn't even level 40, but was virtually invincible due to using the massively strong weapons and armor of the paladin class, skills from the fighter class and the speed, double sword and strike-back abilities of the Ninja class, he could literally go out to the battlefield alone and devastate the enemy group.

Please say the primary and secondary job system is still in, I feel that being able to have a secondary class should be a staple in RPGs after playing that game for a while.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 09:21:56 am by Yossitaru »
Virus Buster.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 03:40:21 am »
i dont remember having 2 jobs in the old game...but i never got far with that one...

im not far in with this one either...so if its there i think i need to unlock it

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 11:53:28 am »
I got it on Friday. Pretty good so far, maybe a bit too similar to the first game, although at least now you're rewarded for upholding the laws, and not punished for breaking it.
Please say the primary and secondary job system is still in, I feel that being able to have a secondary class should be a staple in RPGs after playing that game for a while.
You can still use mastered abilities from other classes, if that's what you mean.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 04:54:57 pm »
They removed the yellow and red cards? If there's no punishment to disobeying the law, what incentive is there to follow them? Being rewarded isn't so great, since in the first game following the recommended gave just JP, which I really never used.
Virus Buster.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 02:17:15 am »
there is a punishment : P

at the start of the match a law gets set and you can also choose a bonus

like a damage bonus or speed bonus

when you obey the rules to the end you will get some really good items and you get to use the bonus till the end of the match

if you break the law however...you lose that bonus...you lose the items...AND you cant revive anyone

so yeah...there is a big downside

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 07:43:55 am »
That's more like losing a reward than actually being punished. At least you don't have your units instantly removed from the battle like in the original.
They removed the yellow and red cards? If there's no punishment to disobeying the law, what incentive is there to follow them? Being rewarded isn't so great, since in the first game following the recommended gave just JP, which I really never used.
You're awarded loot items at the end of battles when you follow the law which you sell to unlock new items in the shops. You also get to choose a bonus like Empowered Viera or Agility Up at the beginning of battles which lasts as long as you don't break the law.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 01:09:22 am »
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35855.html there is a review up at gametrailer

Offline Shadowgandor

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 01:16:49 pm »
I hated those laws...
My team consisted of 2 soldiers, an archer, black mage and white mage.

Forbidden: Black magic, swords.

Bad thing was, my enemy had 2 archers, fencher, a beastmaster and a soldier :P

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 04:46:32 pm »
Yeah, so, I got the game.

See you in three months.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 05:14:13 pm »
Eh...i was a huge fan of final fantasy tactics on the PS1.

So naturally i was extremely excited for Final fantasy tactics advance..and then i actually played it...

Wow IMO that game was pure garbage. Does not hold a candle to the original.

I don't have a DS so i can't try this one but i'm still burnt from the first one so i doubt i would want to..

Wish they would make another console tactics game though  :-\.