Author Topic: Comments and MySpore Page  (Read 2495 times)

Offline Mighdas

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Cybertronian God
    • View Profile
Comments and MySpore Page
« on: June 23, 2008, 01:46:20 pm »
OK, When I open my FULL CC, It prompts me to log in. I do, and it logs in w/o a hitch. I open the sporepedia (in-game), every thing looks OK. I double-click a creature that I shared of downloaded from the official spore site (to view comments, test animations without actually entering the Editor. When I do, I can't view the comments, and it says "There was an error connecting to the Spore server" I get the Same problem when trying to got to the MySpore Page from the game?

Offline Granite T. Rock

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Granite's Homepage
Re: Comments and MySpore Page
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 01:52:14 pm »
I think the servers are overloaded right now.  I get an error trying to connect to myspore page from the editor and spore.com is running very very slow right now.  Give it a few hours and try again.
My Spore Profile  ****  My Spore Videos
Wii Friend Code: 7772 0178 1092 3363  Mario Kart Code: 2363-6666-4480 (PM me when you add me)

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 01:54:52 pm »
Also, the EADM has to be running. It was doing that to me before, however after opening the EADM/fixing the "EADM closes Spore" Problem, it works fine.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Mighdas

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Cybertronian God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 01:56:35 pm »
The EADM is running

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 04:29:58 pm »
I uninstalled EADM after all the trouble it caused during the download process, rather merrily in smug revenge I might add.  ;D But I still got the server error message most today and most of yesterday. Of course, computers are very varied so on some systems it might affect things, I dunno.

I think it is traffic though. Then again, they made the world wait for years, how can they be so surprised so many people want to play the creator when it comes out? Imagine the furore come September when we're beaming vehicles and buildings back and forth as well.  :o
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline Granite T. Rock

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Granite's Homepage
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 04:33:48 pm »
Did you guys by chance disable the dll file in the sporebin directory?  I downloaded a new one listed in one of the other threads in the support.ea.com webpage and everything seems to be working again.
My Spore Profile  ****  My Spore Videos
Wii Friend Code: 7772 0178 1092 3363  Mario Kart Code: 2363-6666-4480 (PM me when you add me)

Offline Rubric

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 04:34:52 pm »
You don't need the EADM.  I didn't install it, based on what I was reading here.  I have hardly any trouble connecting when the site is actually up.  I only got that "There was a problem message" a couple times.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 06:27:49 pm »
Check your fire wall. I just installed Nortons Internet Security 2006 last night, and it worked fine, I started up the CC fine and it let me log in fine, then i went to My Spore Page and it gave me the same error. I had to go into the fire wall settings and "allow all" on the CC and EADM.