Author Topic: After Earth: Several sentients beings evolved after globalwarming  (Read 5314 times)

Offline robin1983

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile

With the humans out of the picture, new sentient species started to evolve. Here is a list of sentient species that will strive for supremacy.

1.Inktopod

A Squidlike animal that settled and evolved in South America. It lives in the coastal area's of Peru and Argentina. They can camoflage themselves against the rocky coastal area and can spit poison. Also a big bonus, they grew a spine!

2.Crabsect

The Crabsects are raiders, they can't walk good on the rocks so they usually stay in shallow waters of Argentina. As you can see they have similar features as the Inktopods. They both have mouths on top of their body and antlers but this species are brute and sometimes very agressive.

3.Dragoon

There where actually dragons in China! The dragons in China quickly became a powerful force with their sturdy hide and large claws. They have created a empire in lush mountain forests where they they live very draconian (ofcourse :) )

4.Flowcrab

These simple crabs live also in China but settles in grassy area, They are social pack hunters and like to surprise small prey.

5. Desert Goldfish

When most lakes in Japan dried up the goldfish had to adapt. Like the others it was gifted with sentience and it developed wings. It lives a nomadic lifestyle, flying from one place to another

6.Battletoad

Living in australia, the toad in never had any predators. It quickly became the dominant species. They are very intelligent and fiercely intelligent and poisonous.

7. Forrestbeetle

These beetles live in large groups in treehouses.. normally they are well hidden within the treetops but sometimes from above the canopy you can see their antlers.

8. Tabletop Toad

The toads might be small, but are highly intelligent. They know how to domesticate most animals and are even befriended with the Forrestbeetle. But that doesn't mean they are always peaceful.

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
Re: After Earth: Several sentients beings evolved after globalwarming
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 03:23:50 pm »
Global warming doesn't exist.  Thus, none of these creatures will evolve.  Unless they do so for another reason.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 03:29:14 pm »
Ignore him robin; he's the resident troll.

I like your characters and the backstory.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 04:13:09 pm »
Global warming doesn't exist.  Thus, none of these creatures will evolve.  Unless they do so for another reason.

???
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 01:16:32 am »
I could becry the biological implausabilities of things like the squid growing a spine and goldfish developing sentience and wings, but that defeats the object of the exercise, doesn't it?

Offline robin1983

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 08:04:14 am »
well it is spore after all :D should you take it serious?

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 08:17:46 am »
I stopped taking it seriously around the time they said you could be a sociable creature, not limited to your own species. But let's not into that here.

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 08:23:58 am »
I like the way the Tabletop Toad and Inkopod look, though.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 12:48:04 pm »

Prove it doesn't.
@davidramnero

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
    • If silence is golden, then my house is pyrite
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 06:30:34 am »

Prove it doesn't.

Oh, pick me, pick me!
Visit my blog: http://robertbobby91.blogspot.com/

SAT: Critical Reading: 680 Math: 720,  Writing: 690,  essay: 12
WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 07:33:16 am »

*SLAP*

Moving on, great creatures Robin.
I like how you picked the locations of evolution based on the respective species most likely to evolve.
Well done :)
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 03:16:50 pm »
The species look good I suppose.

But as to Global Warming:

If Global warming were really caused by man (as it is real, just not human made), then one would have to question a number of things.

1.) Why is it the solar system in general is warming? Mars' Ice caps are melting as well.

2.) While they say C02 is the main culprit(raising 1% capable of massive flooding), if we were to compare our CO2 to mass, and Mars' Co2 to mas, then why isn't Mars a magma ball? Yes, we all know Mars has less pressure, but it's still thick layers of CO2 floating around that, according to Gore's Law, should cause heat. In fact, it's only a few degrees colder then what Earth would be at the same distance.

3.) In theory, global warming should not flood places. This is because fresh water in the sea would have 2 possible outcomes 1) It evaporates as it raises above the sea water due to salt concentration and therefore only rains more elsewhere or 2) the sea, in general, becomes less concentrated with salt and therefore evaporates more

4.) Due to the laws of thermodynamics, CO2 in cold upper atmosphere would cool and come down for the trees to eat.

5.) The average volcanic eruption counter balances the issue.

6.) Earth has been very much so hotter before. The result was not massive deserts and sea rises, but just tropical jungles and more rain. This is seen in (I think) the Permian, or somewhere around then.

7.) Due to continental drift, or seat currents are bound to change. **** it, we can't stop natural progress.

WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 03:54:26 pm »
@Robert

Ok, let me answer your questions on a point by point basis.

1: The entire solar system is warming because of increased radiation output from the sun. It happens every so often and eventually the radiation levels die down.
2: The reason Mars isn't a ball of magma is because the atmosphere on Mars has been stripped away to only about 1% of Earths atmosphere, leaving only CO2 left. Because of it's smaller atmosphere any and all heat that would normally be captured by the CO2 instead punches through the weak martian atmosphere and is radiated back into space. It isn't that the CO2 is not holding in heat, its just that theres not enough of it to really heat up the planet substantially.
3: Maybe but you have to remember that even if the oceans freshwater evaporates at the current pace of Arctic ice melt it will propably rain back down on the ocean (after all over 3/4 of the earths surface is covered with ocean) or collect into rivers or lakes which will then flow back to the ocean. Also you have to take into account that the melting of Arctic ice is speeding up and propably has over taken evaporation already which will cause sea levels to rise and cause flooding in low lying regions of the earth.
4: Their aren't enough tree's to eat enough CO2, we cut them all down and replaced them with treeless wastes, farms, or housing developments.
5: Like I said above about tree's, their aren't enough big eruptions to counterbalance the CO2
6: Yeah, that was because of the levels of CO2 in the atmosphere equaled the amount we are currently going to throw into the atmosphere. Besides making the planet more tropical it also caused sea levels to rise and caused the entire weather system of the planet to be thrown out of whack, causing huge floods and droughts as well as thunderstorms and hurricanes that would last for months. Due to the rise in CO2, plankton bloomed through the primordeal sea's and ate most of the CO2. After they died they got compacted for millions of years and eventually formed into oil and natural gas which we then mine and use for fuels. So really we are realising all the CO2 that has been stored in those plankton. If we burn up all the oil and natural gas, we will cause millions of years worth of trapped CO2 to be realised in only a century or two which will create a world very much like the one you read about above, with all the crazy weather and with tropics in England and France. We as humans would find this world very difficult to live in.

@Robin

Nice creatures. I hope to get the full version of the creator soon and start creating creatures of my own.
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 05:26:39 pm »
I'm wondering most about the evolution of the Table Top Toad.
Wonder what evolutionary advantage it has, if any.

*Edit*
Robert, I've been monitoring your activity on the who's online page.
Don't diverge this into global warming, there's another place for that.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 05:28:30 pm by Yttrxium »
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 05:31:12 pm »
ok then, that's the last.

2 Actually I think it's alot more in proportion to Earth. If it was equivalent to just 1% of Earth's atmosphere, I don't think you'd have the haze you've got there. You'd probably be able to see the stars at day. But I'm open to links to prove me wrong, always enjoy more knowledge.

3 Isn't there a crap load of water already there? The only key issue is when it goes into the gulf stream as cold water. If it goes in warm (or maybe that's the other way around), then it's ok. And going in as fresh water anywhere else on the planet doesn't have as much as an effect.

And seeing as when the last melt down happened it didn't flood Africa like earlier melt downs, I doubt anything bad.

4 You do realize sidewalk weeds, farms, etc are all plants and although not equal to trees, still do their part?

5 not only eruptions, silly me forgot natural gas leaking like in China.

6 As if that CO2 wouldn't eventually find it's way back? The Earth's geography is very out of wack too. Little thing called continental drift.

Also, I'm not sure how we know the weather paterns back then besides what had more wind due to erosion, etc.

Also, there's several other things to think of such as the existence of cow-like dinosaurs not doing any harm for such prolonged times. They say cows and farm animals are a major factor. Well with herds of 10,000 roaming across the world for a good few hundred million years, grazing dinosaurs somehow did nothing. Ambiguous evolution and digestive remains shows that they were close to our cows and sheep. we only see normal temperature patterns though.

to continue on the species shown here, I think I'd like to know how a gold fish developed a big bran.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 05:33:19 pm by Robertbobby91 »

WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 07:01:00 pm »
ok then, that's the last.

2 Actually I think it's alot more in proportion to Earth. If it was equivalent to just 1% of Earth's atmosphere, I don't think you'd have the haze you've got there. You'd probably be able to see the stars at day. But I'm open to links to prove me wrong, always enjoy more knowledge.

3 Isn't there a crap load of water already there? The only key issue is when it goes into the gulf stream as cold water. If it goes in warm (or maybe that's the other way around), then it's ok. And going in as fresh water anywhere else on the planet doesn't have as much as an effect.

And seeing as when the last melt down happened it didn't flood Africa like earlier melt downs, I doubt anything bad.

4 You do realize sidewalk weeds, farms, etc are all plants and although not equal to trees, still do their part?

5 not only eruptions, silly me forgot natural gas leaking like in China.

6 As if that CO2 wouldn't eventually find it's way back? The Earth's geography is very out of wack too. Little thing called continental drift.

Also, I'm not sure how we know the weather paterns back then besides what had more wind due to erosion, etc.

Also, there's several other things to think of such as the existence of cow-like dinosaurs not doing any harm for such prolonged times. They say cows and farm animals are a major factor. Well with herds of 10,000 roaming across the world for a good few hundred million years, grazing dinosaurs somehow did nothing. Ambiguous evolution and digestive remains shows that they were close to our cows and sheep. we only see normal temperature patterns though.

to continue on the species shown here, I think I'd like to know how a gold fish developed a big bran.

By acknowledging him, you merely encourage him to keep saying it. He said the same thing in the WALL-E thread; and we all fell for it and took the thread on a tangent.

But before I go(@Robert & TT)...
FAIL!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O1Qd_FNgfM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O1Qd_FNgfM</a>

Anyhoo; I like the battletoad. How far in the future is this though?
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 09:13:25 pm »
really wish I didn't shoot a paint ball at my sound card.

anywho,
fail
doesn't justify much.

Yes, please explain the goldfish.

WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 09:56:38 pm »
pure imagianation
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.