Author Topic: JKalenad Tower [16 new creations as of 9-28-08, including Bronzong]  (Read 37500 times)

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
    • The Official Randomness Productions Website
Re: JKalenad Tower
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2008, 03:20:09 pm »
Well, I'll see what I can do...about...that...

In other news, Scizor will be in the next batch, just as a heads up.
Pokémon are creatures too.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/VDlekjran
for the Kecleon, Poké Ball and Unown sets.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2008, 04:07:34 pm »
Speaking of that next batch, here we are. There are actually only three Pokémon in it, and one's been done to death.
Firstly we have the promised one,

Scizor:

Scizor turned out really well to me, except for one thing: the pincer eyes. They're impossible for two reasons: Things cannot be placed on graspers, and everything moves. I tried using nurples, but they bounce and the pincers have wrists, so I gave up there. That's why I used the Ruby/Sapphire Pokédex for Scizor's description. Other than that, Scizor's pretty good.

Rhyperior:

This is actually a female Rhyperior. I did that unintentionally; I guess the picture I used was of a female Rhyperior. I figure it's actually the best gender choice for Spore at least. I have a bit of a problem with how Rhyperior turned out. It's not its shoulders, as annoying as those are. It might be the coloring or something; I'm not sure. It turned out pretty well, either way.

Pinsir:

I always wanted to make Pinsir, but sort of held off on it because so many others did it before I did and did it better than I thought I could. Then I just decided, "you know what, who cares? It'll just be one more Pinsir. Who gives a hoot?" So I made it. Pretty well too. I'm happy with it. I also made

Ungwis:

Which I imagine as an evolution for Pinsir. It's pronouced "Uhng-gwis" by the way. I see Pinsir as a 1st stage Pokémon, in that it's the first in a two Pokémon evolutionary strand. Like Scyther or Feebas. So Ungwis here is Pinsir's final form. It certainly fits the bill. I really like how Ungwis turned out; it actually looks like an evolution of Pinsir, and it improves on Pinsir's kick-awesomeness. It was inspired by one of the possibilities for the next Creative Commissions thing, that possibility being Pok-e-mon Evolved. I don't think Pinsir could have a 'baby' form like Magby or Elekid.

Dhgicea:

(Deuh-ZHISS-ee-uh)
Look closely at any of those pictures and you'll see that Dhgicea has no neck. And not in the Strong Mad way, neither. Its head is floating. I did that on purpose because I've always wanted to make a creature that looked like it was using telekinesis to hold its own head in the air. I don't know how the food apect of things would work, but it's probably complicated. I used Jennifer Reitz's method of generating invisible limbs to get Dhgicea's head to float like that. I also made another creature with invisible legs and eyestalks, but I didn't release it because it looks and moves sort of strangely. I may release it if I feel like it, or I might redesign it. I don't know. I like how Dhgicea turned out. I tried to make it look like it naturally has no neck. It turned out pretty well and I figure It'll look pretty cool in Spore.

I've officially started to mix Pokémon in with unique creatures with my little posts here. I, as usual, don't have any idea what will be in my next installment. Maybe Breloom. That'd be interesting.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 03:17:25 pm by JKalenad »

Offline Gooey Kablooie

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Ummmm, nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2008, 09:37:51 pm »
Awesome stuff, the 8 year old nerd inside of me is extremely pleased ;D. Also, Kabutops is very very well done, definitely my fav.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2008, 08:14:12 am »
Thank you! ;D
It'll be cool when Spore's released and we see all these Pokémon wandering around.
Anyway, the next batch will definitely contain Ledian, and I'm going to get to work on Breloom.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 11:55:35 am »
Well then. I have a batch of five today, all being Pokémon. In fact, I have one from each generation and two from one generation II.
Anyway, first out of the bag is

Ledian:

Be forewarned that none of the Pokémon in this batch could be recreated perfectly. Ledian is no exception. Its arms are too thick (as always) and too long. Other than that, however, it turned out pretty well. I don't really have much to say here except that it walks pretty cool...ly. I think so anyway.

Breloom:

Okay, um...Breloom didn't turn out extremely well. Its arms are too long, its mushroom cap looks like a summer hat, its tail is too thick, its eyes look lifeless, its neck moves too much, and its overbite is too under. I tried adding a beak with Triceraflops or osteoflippy, but...it looked even worse. It's okay, I guess, but it could've been better I guess. maybe. somehow I think not.
The main reason I made Breloom is because I have a Breloom in Pokémon Diamond and it knows a move called Spore! Which puts things to sleep without fail. Hopefully the game Spore doesn't do that...
Anyway!

Mr. Mime:

Originally Mr. Mime's elbows were inverted. I do not know what possessed me to make it like that. I fixed it, of course. I guess it was because I was really tired when I made Mr. Mime. I need to start being more detail-conscious.
Either way, Mr. Mime turned out relatively well, except for the fact that it's Albino here. I tried to use those furry antennae, but they didn't look nearly as good as the antlers, so I'm sticking with my albino Mr. Mime.

Ambipom:

Ambipom's hands sort of bug me a little, but I think now that they're perfectly fine. Comparing Aipom's hand to Ambipom's hands, I realize that Ambipom's look more evolved like this. That's also why I chose those eyes for Ambipom, to make it look a bit more evolved. All in all, Ambipom looks pretty good. I think something may be missing, but I'm not going to worry about it. I know the nose is missing, but I decided to forget it because it just was too much of a hassle. I like how Ambipom spins because it ends up looking like a cool attack. I'll replace this sentence with a link to an Ambipom video on YouTube.

Aipom:

Shiny Aipom:

I made two Aipoms (and could've made three) because Aipom stands two different ways: on its normal legs and on its hand. In the 3rd generation it stands on its little hands, but I chose to ignore that one. I also did this two forms represented by shininess with Geodude, but I don't plan to release those because they don't look very spectacular. I think I said that before.
Anyway, Aipom looks really good to me. It looks ridiculous, but that's Aipom for you.

Next batch will definitely contain a unique creature. Maybe mostly unique creatures.
I just realized that two days ago was my 1st anniversary to joining these forums. wow.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 03:19:33 pm by JKalenad »

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2008, 06:21:20 pm »
Definitely not mostly unique creatures. I've included one though, so don't fret. It's one of my favorites too.
Anyway, I have four Pokémon here.
First up is

Beldum:

I made Beldum (after some struggling; I think I went through three 'drafts') as an answer to my Metagross. I figured it would be very possible, and it was very possible and turned out pretty well. I decided to make it in the same vein as Metagross, making its little claw a foot. I even utilized the 'paint like' function to make it have the same coloring as its all growed-up counterpart. huzzah. I like how it hops around. It turned out pretty darn well.

Metang:

I'll put those pictures in that format.
I really like how Metang came out. Even though it looks like the illegitimate child of Dr. Phil and Cleveland from Family Guy. It looks like the organic Metagross I made though, and that's all that matters. I love how Metang walks too; it may be the best bipedal walking animation I've ever seen in one of my own creations. Metang doesn't take the organification too well, though.

Drowzee:

I'm not very happy with how Drowzee came out, though it's probably the best I could do. I successfully made it chubby, though. It's physique is pretty perfect I think. My only problem is the coloring (as usual). I could not get Drowzee to wear its mud-pants properly. At least it doesn't look like it soiled itself. I tried to make it look sort of natural.

Hypno:

So, Hypno's nose may be a little too high at first glance, but when you look at that last picture and the actual art of it, that's pretty close. I could've hidden its mouth in its collar, but what would be the point of that? I like how Hypno came out anyway. I've always been intrigued by Hypno and I think if I ever bother to buy one of those "Pokémon 151" shirts, Hypno would be the one. I'm a little bugged by both Hypno and Drowzee's skin texture, but It's probably the best choice anyway.

Culqyriyx:

It's pronounced "Kull-kye-ree-ihks"
Obviously a unique creature of mine. As you can see in the third picture, its eye is hidden in that top mouth, making that mouth a sort of elaborate eyelid. The other mouths hide graspers. The Culqyriyx ends up being a sort of Piranha Plant on steroids sort of thing. I like how it turned out. I ca'n't wait to see that thing in Spore, surely.

I might go back and change all the big pictures in this little thread to those thumbnail link things. I don't know, we'll see.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (Now with smaller pictures!)
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2008, 10:21:59 pm »
Okay, here's another group of five. Two Pokémon in here, and all but one creature were made before this and not shared. One was on Sporepedia for a while and never referenced, the other three were uploaded because I thought that they were cool enough to be shared.

First up is the only fresh Pokémon.

Grumpig:

I wasn't quite expecting to make Grumpig. I just wanted to make a new Pokémon and saw Grumpig's name and thought, "meh, might as well." it turned out pretty well and it's a fairly green complexity, so it'll make a good herbivore. I wonder how many Pokémon I've made so far...I'll search that.
Anyway, Grumpig turned out really well, and I know I could've used hooves and probably should have, but I thought those feet fit Grumpig a little better, just as a hint that it's not just a bipedal pig. It evolved from Spoink for crying out glabven. woo.

Pymulit (Pih-moo-liht)

that picture's completely square.

This guy was made a bit ago, and i never shared it until this.   I don't know if I'll share the orange and green thing though. I probably should. Anyway, the Pymulit is pretty cool to me, probably why I didn't share it. I like its arms. I can easily imagine this in Tribe. socializing with Golem.

Okay, I just checked and I have 68 shared Pokémon, plus Weedle and Doduo. So I've made 70 Pokémon so far. 73 if you count the three I just made. Wow.

Anyway, another Pokémon.

Lucario:

I made Lucario a while ago, regarded it as a failure and scrapped it. I tried it again and still didn't like it, but I kept it like Doduo (which can easily be mispelled into Dodo), and just recently I finally added the shoulder things. I'm content now and shared it. It's still better than Kyogre. or Gastrodon maybe. Lucario worked pretty well as far as I'm concerned now. I can see it in Tribe. woo. It has a stupid grin.

Alxytil (All-zeye-till):

Pictures do not do Alxytil justice. It's just so kick-awesome. That's why I never shared it; I thought it was to good. It spawned from me trying to have joints for the right legs on the left, but that's impossible. I want to make a video of Alxytil and put it up on Youtube, but I haven't been bothering with YouTube lately. I'll maybe do that tomorrow. After I mow the lawn. and finish the 6 hours of things I have to do. I ca'n't wait until Monday. Anyway! Alxytil's one of those things I'd picture on a planet I was visiting. I don't know why. I really like how it turned out and how it walks. cool beans.

Milveris (Mill-vere-iss)

Milveris was my first big creature. Salamence came next. I obviously based Milveris of a Giraffe, and I like its legs because every joint moves. every joint. woo. I can totally see Milveris grazing on a tree. minding its own business.

That's it for now. My next post will contain three new Pokémon: Staraptor, Luxray and Deoxys in its Attack Form(e). I'll post a celebration collage based on my Hall of Fame picture in Diamond with the 6 Pokémon I beat the Champion with: Dialga, Staraptor, Machamp, Luxray, Tentacruel and Deoxys in its Attack Form(e).
There will be at least one other creature too. maybe the Baltzaryx.
Until then,
bye.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2008, 10:28:41 pm »
If you still have complexity space or DNA points to spare, you could put a chuffle nose (whichever one is the doglike nose) on the Lucario. Just saying that might work.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2008, 10:30:42 pm »
I'll try that right now. I'm not making any promises; I don't really like the noses. I'll edit this post with the outcome.

The outcome:
I didn't really like it with the chuffle nose. I put it on, got used to it with it (I liked how it the ridges on its mouth sort of worked with it) looked at it from a few angles. Then I took it off to see how I liked it without it again. I like Lucario better without the chuffle nose. the nose ca'n't get small enough for it to be acceptable to me. Lucario's just too kick-awesome to be adequately made. at least by me.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 10:43:43 pm by JKalenad »

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2008, 10:19:47 pm »
Okay, new group of four with two bonuses.
First up, one of my six Hall of Fame team members,

Luxray:

I hate that mouth with a passion. There was no way I knew to get an adequately feline mouth going on. I just ignore it and move on. I could've given Luxray a little nose with a reversed Sporacle, but I didn't. If you cover up its face except for the eyes maybe, it works.
Luxray was raised from the very first Shinx I ever caught. It's been one of my main Pokémon ever since. unlike my starter, which I retired to be replaced by Breloom.

Staraptor:

Monochrome Staraptor. If I could somehow get a red point on that surprisingly perfect osteoflippy I'd be golden. Staraptor may be a little slim, but what does it matter?
Anyway, Staraptor was raised from the first Starly I ever caught, very similarly to Luxray. It's even more of a main Pokémon than Luxray was, considering it's my flier. Wootberries. I had to wrestle with the legs because of its silly fast walking before. That was easy to fix though.

Deoxys (Attack):

I wouldn't have had Deoxys in my group if I knew that I had to beat all 5 in the league in one straight run. I would've had Darkrai for that. But Deoxys was there and it actually pulled its weight; I think it fainted one of the Elite Four's or the Champion's in one move. High-five, Deoxys!
And yes, I do plan to make its Normal, Speed and Defense Form(e)s. Looking at how well this one turned out. Guess where its mouths are hidden.

And a unique creature,
Ardael (Arr-day-elle):

Ardael's another one that was almost too cool to share, but only briefly. I love how this thing walks, and I love how I justify its double mouth. Not much else to say but look at its upper right eye (your upper left); it's sort of bloodshot, I think. I ca'n't wait to see this guy in Spore.

Now, the first bonus:

sorry if that's huge. I probably should have put "Hall of Fame," and then July 17, 2008, but whatever. Dialga's a bit bright, but it deserves to be. It saved the day by the skin of its teeth. It had one PP left on Roar of Time and if it didn't bring down the Champion's Garchomp with one hit I'd have to try to beat the Champion again for the fourth time because the only other move it had was Heal Block and it was my only Pokémon left and I was out of Revives. Very similar to how I beat the end boss to Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
Pride.  ;D

Second Bonus:

I call it Kecleon Masse.
Kecleon has never changed color in the games, though it should, considering it's a freaking Chameleon and its ability is Color Change. This is how I imagine Kecleon should look when it changes type.
Going clockwise from the lower left green one:
Grass, Poison, Flying, Bug, Dragon, Ghost, Ground, Dark, Psychic, Fire, Ice, Water, Electric, Fighting, Steel, Rock and finally Normal in the center.
I hope that's clear enough.
Like the Unown, I wo'n't release these on Sporepedia because it's just 17 different colorings of the same creature.

Who knows what'll be in the next batch? I don't.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 10:21:34 pm by JKalenad »

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (Now with some smaller pictures!)
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2008, 10:33:21 pm »
Okay, big batch today. Six creatures and only two of them are Pokémon, and only one of those Pokémon was recently made.
Starting straight out we have

Baltzaryx (BAHLT-zarr-eyex)

I promised this one a bit back. It's one of my first unique creatures (made shortly after Metagross) and I'm content with it. I'm not crazy about it like some of the creatures I've made (or most of today's batch). Whatever. I like its leg arrangement. I think it has a nested mouth, but I'm not sure. I'll have to check that out.

Qysotril (KEYE-zoh-trill):

That guy is tall. I made Qysotril because I wanted to see how a really tall biped would animate. When I finished it I went to paint and just for kicks I painted it like Jylotril. I saw that and thought "Evolution." So I  made it a triped. The protubers were already there. Just another criteria for its Jylotril transformation. I then went and made four more creatures, all colored like Jylotril showing the evolution from Jylotril to Qysotril. I might release those, but who knows. I imagine this thing is the Space phase, rather than the Tribal phase. hm.

Gallade:

It's the confusing solution to the male Gardevoir issue!
Yeah, whatever. I made Gallade because I wanted to make a Pokémon. there he is. I don't like his eyes, but that's what I get. Other than that, Gallade turned out pretty well except that it doesn't use those spikes *ahem* "blades" to fight. what can ya do. ah, well.

Masrasoged (Mahz-rahz-oh-jehd):

I'm really proud about Masrasoged. Maybe I'm being conceited, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got featured out of all my creatures. Yeah, right.
Anyway, Masrasoged is actually the third member of a new series of creatures I'm making. They all have something in common, besides the fact that they all have wings. One of them I'm not going to release yet because I don't quite like how it looks. I'll fix it and then release it. The other one's coming soon in this batch. I want to have some sort of little contest for whoever can guess what this new group has in common, but I have nothing to give. Except a copy of Wii Play, maybe. Or a CD I never listen to. Maybe the prize could be the Kecleon Masse or some exclusive creature./or Like the firxed versions of some of my Pokémon.
Anyway.

Machop:
http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/6057/cremachop068a14e2wl1.jpg

Yeah, I'm as surprised as Machop here. I found Machop after trying to recover a (/some) lost creature(s) and thought that I'd release it and complete my Matrilogy. It turned out okay. I don't like its eyes, but when I look at it I think, "Yeah, that's pretty much Machop." Spore Machop. Completely intact from a month ago. Even the pictures. I keep all the pictures I take, just in case. Speaking of case,

Gosloscor (GOHZ-low-score)

This is one of the creatures I was trying to recover, but ended up having to recreate from the pictures I took of it before. It's in the same group as Masrasoged and I'm a little concerned that it'll give it away more than the other members of the group, but then again, it's hard to tell.
I really like how Gosloscor turned out originally and so I was kind of frantic to find it again. It's actually the first in the group that contains it and Masrasoged and it's pretty darn good. I would love to see it in Spore.

Well, there it is. The next group will hopefully contain the other form(e)s of Deoxys, a well as some more unique creatures, especially those in this new series of mine.
i don't know why I'm keeping the link such a secret. Maybe just for fun. :P

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2008, 10:39:05 pm »
You've got some awesome stuff, not to mention some of the best pokemon recreations I've seen :D

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2008, 11:26:52 pm »
Thanks, Darth Grievi!  :D
I attribute it to a close attention to detail.
For example, when I was recreating Gosloscor I was bent on replicating a certain mark it had on its right arm when I originally made it. I got really close too, learning a few things about the texturing engine.

In other news, I just finished Deoxys's Normal Forme. I actually made two and called them Normal A and Normal B. Normal A has tentacles, Normal B has hands.
I'm going to tackle Speed Forme next, and It'll be interesting to see how I handle Defense Forme. woohoo.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2008, 08:15:05 pm »
Okay, Here's the next batch. Kinda. It mostly contains the forms of Deoxys I made. There are a few new creatures here, part of that new series of mine.

Starting with

Deoxys (Normal):
in 2.5 flavors!
A:

B:

and Photoshop:

Deoxys Normal A is derived straight from the Attack Forme Deoxys I made earlier, and was the base for the Defense and Speed Formes coming soon.
Consquently, I was going mostly for appearance, not for actual stats. More on that later.

Deoxys (Speed):

Speed's hips are a bit too narrow, but any wider would be ridiculous looking. I also discovered something: you can put things on armor pieces, as evidenced by Speed's hip circles. with fins on them.
Something I tried to do with Speed was to actually make it fast. I made sure it had enough sprint parts to give it a 5 sprint. because it's the Speed Forme. I realize now that I could have doubled its legs; copy them, but not move them, but I don't see the point in it. Plus I don't know how that'd work out.

Also, I fixed something with the Attack Forme; it had no circles on its back. Now it does. w00t.

Deoxys (Defense):

Defense is the funniest looking, but also the coolest. I wondered what would happen if I put feet on its tentacles and when I did I found it walked incredibly cool...ly. Consquently and ironically it's the fastest Forme here (maybe I should double Speed's legs...). I wanted to make it have the thin/wide tentacles that it really does, so I used the bone plates. Maybe I should flip them around. I'll go try that.
Verdict: meh. I like this Sporified version better. It fits better.

And now the whole happy group:

or if you prefer:

Next up are three creatures from that series I'm doing.

Ecais (EHSS-eyes):

I notice a lot of the creatures in this series are bipedal and have wings. That's totally unintentional; I guess it's just the influence of what they're based on.

Vendysholv (VENN-deye-showlve):

Well, except this one I guess. The Vendysholv kind of hints at the basis for this series; it has seven triceraflippies on its back. No, it's not the seven deadly sins.
I had to wrestle with this one's walking animation. It kept swinging back and forth like a snake or something and made me a little dizzy. I fixed that, though. That animation was great, it just didn't work on a creature of Vendysholv's size.

Heotnepeulm (hay-AWT-neh-poolm):

Heotnepeulm is meant to be similar to Gosloscor. It's sort of a combination of Gosloscor, Masrasoged, and Ecais. This one is a member of the series that I could have been really obvious with, but I didn't see the point; it would ruin realism in my eyes.

I don't know if the next batch will contain any Pokémon, but then again, I don't know if it'll contain any of the Series.
We'll see.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2008, 10:51:20 pm »
Okay, a little tiny update here. Haven't been posting recently because I discovered Boom Blox :P. I made a new creature called the Romniid (RAWM-need):

It's part of the Series and it hints at the basis similarly to Vendysholv. I like how Romniid turned out and I could really see as wild in Spore. Although how I describe it behaving probably wo'n't be allowed; It's an evolved cannibal. We'll see.
Well, I might get back to making creatures soon. my Boom Blox profile is at 90% completion, so...
Though I don't know how long anything will last. August is coming soon, and with August comes college, so I might not even be making creatures until Spore itself comes out.
We'll see.
I want to make another Pokémon, but I'll have to think on that.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 03:15:35 pm by JKalenad »