Author Topic: JKalenad Tower [16 new creations as of 9-28-08, including Bronzong]  (Read 38324 times)

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
    • The Official Randomness Productions Website
For some reason I was hesitant to start up one of these sharing topics, somewhat because most of my creatures are recreations...of Pokémon...

My sporepedia page: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/JKalenad

Anyway, here we go. In order of whichever images I edit first.

First up is Palkia.

Palkia was my first big achievement with regards to a recreation of a Pokémon. It textured perfectly and wasn't too complex. I'm very proud of this one.
8/26/08: So...I noticed that this Palkia is actually the Shiny coloring. I totally did not intend that at all. When I made this, I was using a little hologram thing as reference and I was inexperienced, so I ended up making Palkia have its alternate coloring without knowing it. Nothing I can do about that now, though.

Logically next is Dialga.

Dialga was too complex for the Creature Creator. There are four spikes missing. Actually twelve...sixteen, but I don't think the spikes on the feet count in this case. Dialga ended up testing the limit of the complexity meter. I had to wrestle with it to get the feet changed from paws to those feet. It's too bad because Dialga was always my favorite of the two.

Following after is Groudon.

Groudon was my most popular creation for a while. Apparently I'm spot on with it. It's slightly less complex than Palkia. That might be part of it. It doesn't have any weird shoulder pads or whatnot.

And Heatran.

Heatran's missing a toe on each foot because feet ca'n't be rotated. Other than that, this one's pretty accurate. I had to wrestle with different details and their colorings, like the kernel one; apparently it takes color very vividly. Originally Heatran's little head nub in the main plate and mouth nubs were that kernel, but it was colored brightly orange and black, making it look totally odd. Had to fix that.
I was inspired to make Heatran after someone commented on Groudon saying something like "Great, now I just need Darkrai and Heatran." I made Darkrai too; I'll post pictures of it soon.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 12:28:07 pm by JKalenad »

Pokémon are creatures too.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/VDlekjran
for the Kecleon, Poké Ball and Unown sets.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 10:39:16 am »
Speaking of Darkrai, here it be:

I made Darkrai partially because it was semi-requested, and partially because I wanted to see if it were possible. It was very possible. Almost unnervingly possible. Darkrai turned out eerily well; it even moves as if it's sort of a fog, using its "skirt" as a foot of sorts.

Metagross:

Metagross (I pronounce it Meh-tah-grawss. Meh-Tah-grohss doesn't sound like a good name.) was my first mildly complex Pokémon recreation. I made Weedle, but that was the first thing I ever made and Weedle's really simplistic. What's cool about Metagross is that it moves the way I'd imagine it would; left foreleg moving with right hindleg, right foreleg moving with left hindleg. Pretty cool.

Godzilla Tyranitar:

Tyranitar was way too simplistic I think. I don't feel quite happy with how it turned out, but that's what Tyranitar looks like. There it is. What I do is make them look as close as possible to the actual Pokémon while trying to make them sort of realistic.

Salamence:

Salamence is huge. 'nuff said. Its tail is supposed to be much longer, but there's an obvious limit on size. And it's in proportion too; I try to keep all my Pokémon in proportion. It can jump too, what with those feet. The wings sort of bug me, but that's just a limit of the Creator. I wasn't about to try to use fins; Salamence can fly. It's the whole point behind the Pokémon, so if I didn't give it real wings, Bagon would cry itself to sleep at night knowing its future.

That's it for now. I'll post these in four-creature updates. Next up will include Girafarig and maybe some brand new Pokémon, who knows.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:35:48 pm by JKalenad »

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 03:12:37 pm »
Good stuff, I'm making pokemon myself but I'm starting with the very first 151 :D
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 03:14:51 pm »
I love darkrai. but, salamance wings are completely off.

BTW: some guy called Mtobb stole and repainted it.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 11:05:04 am »
The only thing about Salamence is that its wings ca'n't really be recreated as wings. I take a few tiny liberties, trying to make the pokémon I recreate as close as possible to the actual pokémon, while making them function as true creatures in the game. A great example of this mentality of mine is the Regi-quartet I made. Registeel has a mouth because I had nowhere to hide one without looking stupid, Regice has feet, Regirock has an organic head and Regigigas has a huge head. I want to go back and somehow fiddle with Registeel and Regigigas to make them more true to their pokemon counterparts, but I don't think I'll be able to.

As for the stealing and recoloring, I expected that to happen. I don't see how they think that's okay. Did you say that they stole Salamence too? I went to their profile and I didn't see a Salamence, but I did see Palkia and Groudon. I don't quite know how to deal with that sort of stealing. I left comments on his profile about it and reported them, but there's not much else I can do. That really bugs me.

Anyway, I'll post pictures of my Regi-quartet eventually.

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 12:23:36 pm »
Nice, nothing wrong with remaking Pokemon.  I use to do that for other games.  I'll probubly remake a few once I have the full editor.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 12:42:24 pm »
Yeah, Something I've always liked is the idea of Pokémon outside of their little rigid sprites. Something I'd love to see is a vast, 3D Pokémon game with all 493 pokémon available for capture. Not like Gale of Darkness; a normal Pokémon game as a 3D adventure game like Legend of Zelda.
Anyway, here we go.

My Regi-quartet.

First up is Registeel:

It's looking up, by the way. maybe at a bird-cloud

Already you see the difficulty I had with the Regi-'s. Registeel has nowhere to hide a mouth and I wasn't about to give it a bump somewhere it didn't need it and a mouth anywhere else would make it move strangely. So I thought how it would be in the actual game and I pictured it wandering around in a forest grazing. so I gave it an upside-down herbivore mouth. If you ignore the mouth, that's a darn good Registeel. Even the eyes are tinted red. This one turned out really well.

Regice:

Regice was tricky. I had to suck it up and go even more liberally than I had to with Registeel. Regice has feet and I could've made it without feet, but then it would move like a monopod. If anything it should float, so I gave in and gave it feet. Ignore the feet, and that's a dern good Regice.

Regirock:

This is actually and update of Regirock. I made one before, but it was missing the back spikes, so I removed that one from Sporepedia, fixed it, and re-uploaded it. Now I'm happy. Also because Regirock is the best Regi- that I've made, in my eyes. It moves perfectly, it punches perfectly. It turned out beautifully. Except for the forgetting of back spikes. That was because it broke the complexity meter like Dialga did. Yay.

Regigigas:

Regigigas turned out pretty well. As well as it could. The form is practically impossible to recreate and it too broke the complexity meter, so I had to do away with its wrist bracelet things. Its head to too big, but it's just the right size for those eyes. Nothing I can fix with Regigigas. It walks really well; sort of trudges around. Its mouths are hidden pretty well. This is actually the first creature I used Jellybuttons on.

That's it for now, next post will definitely contain Girafarig and Giratina, as well as two others (probably Sableye as one). I apparently post in fours.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:40:53 pm by JKalenad »

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 03:09:37 pm »
Here's another group, starting with one of my first Pokémon recreations,
Sableye:

Sableye is, I think, my best small creature. It has a realistic, decent walking gait that fits the pokémon perfectly; it ends up looking like is scurrying, and that's very fitting.
I could have hidden mouths behind the gem eyes, but I saw a picture of Sableye in the anime and it had a fairly wide grin, so I figured I might as well give it a mouth and allow it to function realistically in Spore. It worked out pretty well.

Girafarig:

I think I made Girafarig for the sole purpose of "That would look cool in Spore!" Girafarig's normal texture is impossible to recreate in Spore as far as I know, so I just settled for something a little more realistic. Originally the tail mouth was on a limb, but it made it move really ridiculously, so I changed it to actual spine. It still moves strangely, but not as strangely.

Giratina:

Giratina broke the complexity meter, just like its cousin Dialga did. It's also impossible to texture Giratina in its Another Forme properly, because it consists of four colors: gray, black, red, and yellow. I just did what I did with Dialga and let go of some detail. I think Giratina turned out as well as it could have, although its feet invariably clip through one another when it walks. There's nothing I can do about that. Its 'wings' are also impossible to recreate and I wanted Giratina to actually have wings. The Bat/Dragon wings worked fine because they're spikey in places, which is perfect for Giratina.
I was thinking of making Giratina's Origin Forme, but I didn't see the point.

Blaziken:

Fresh out of the oven comes Blaziken, the Fighting/Fire Blaze Pokémon. I've always wanted to make Blaziken and I did finally. I don't know why I put it off. Blaziken turned out very, very well; it lends itself well to Spore. It didn't even break the complexity meter. What's cool is that Blaziken sort of moves like a bird would, lifting its legs up a bit higher than necessary. Only thing is I don't know if this is the shiny coloring or what; they're so similar. I tried to replicate the normal coloring as well as I could, so I'll say that this is the normal coloring. I didn't put in wrist flames because why would Blaziken waste its energy with them constantly burning?

That's it for now. I'm making more Pokémon, of course. I'm actually even making all 28 Unown, but only as I catch them in Pokémon Diamond. I wo'n't release them to Sporepedia because Unown isn't one of the most interesting Pokémon out there. I'm just making them because they'd be cool to see in Spore.
The next set will include Wooper and three brand new Pokémon. Don't know who yet. Maybe Machamp. We'll see.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:48:31 pm by JKalenad »

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 03:21:26 pm »
Kyogra please, he is the most Badass pokemon of them all next to Mewtwo.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 02:18:12 pm »
I have a new group of four here, and only one was made a while ago, two were made yesterday, and one was just made.
First up is

Wooper:

Wooper was one of the first Pokémon recreations I made. I think it was the third, but I'm not sure. Wooper's actually my favorite pokémon and has been ever since I first saw it in Pokémon Gold. I actually drew a picture of it on my wall when I was a kid. It's still there too.
This recreation turned out pretty well I think. I was obnoxiously amused by it when I tested it, because it moves rather hilariously. The only think wrong with it I think is the fact that when it smiles its eyes are engulfed. Nothing I can do about that though.

Machamp:

I've always wanted to make Machamp in Spore simply because it has four arms and no one's ever really seen its back. Machamp turned out perfectly. Its coloring may be a bit dark, but that's it. no problems here, at least not in my eyes.

Machoke:

Machoke is actually derived from the Machamp recreation I made. I removed the third and fourth arms and made it shorter and changed the head and feet and texturing, et viola! Machoke.
Something about it doesn't sit quite well with me. maybe its arms are to lumpy or it's too wide or something. I don't really know. I don't really care. I only partially wanted to make Machoke.
I also made Machop, but I forgot the tail, so I replaced it, but it became unreadable, so I deleted it and decided I don't care enough to make a Machop anyway. Besides, I ca'n't make Machop's head look good in Spore.

Kecleon:

I was not expecting to make Kecleon, but I just did, maybe fifteen minutes ago. It turned out surprisingly well, though it ca'n't be textured properly. I was waffling between using this mouth and Machamp's mouth, and I obviously ultimately decided on this one because I saw it as the more fitting.

That's it for now. I tried to make Kyogre, but I kept looking at what I made and saying "Eww. That looks nothing like it." I would like to make Kyogre, but I think I'd rather wait until there's some sort of Marine Life expansion or something.
I'll post another group eventually and there's a strong chance that Banette will be in it. All four will be brand new too.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:52:07 pm by JKalenad »

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 10:24:43 pm »
Here we go with the next group of Pokémon, all of whom have been made rather recently.
first up is

Golem:

I've always wanted to make Golem and I've also always wanted to have it in my actual Pokémon game, though I've never had anyone with whom to trade a Graveler in order to get one. Ah, well.
Anyway, I made Golem without knowing there was one of near equal quality already on Sporepedia, made by someone who obviously looked at a picture as well, as their Golem had 'stones' in all the right places. I used a picture as reference, as I always do, and filled in the spaces with other 'stones', including the lower back, which is a huge space in any Golem, because you don't see it in a normal sprite picture. At any rate, Golem turned out very, very well. It walks perfectly and none of the stones shift around and there's no wiggling spine or anything. Perfect.
July 18th: Also, I'd be interested to see a tribe of these fellows.

Armaldo:

Armaldo's also a Pokémon I've always wanted to recreate and to have (always being since I knew about Diamond's roster) and once I get the National Pokédex, I'll be able to get one. huzzah.
Anyway, Armaldo was a bit more in depth because its back actually has detail. It turned out really well too. I originally used eye-stalks for its eyes, but I looked at them and those in the picture and said to myself, "Self, those are not Armaldo's eyes." So I changed them to something that actually screams Armaldo. I look at the reference picture and at the recreation and I'm like, "wow. cool. It had Armaldo's face."
Okay, I'm rambling...

Exeggutor:

It's the Pokémon no one cares about! Exeggutor! Actually, people care about it more than they do about Kecleon...or Voltorb maybe. Then again, there are five times as many Voltorbs on Sporepedia than there are Kecleons. I'm rambling again.
I was not expecting to make Exeggutor, either. It came out of the blue when I was looking thorough Global Trade Station Plus's Image Gallery for ideas for other Pokémon to recreate (incidentally, I'm amazed at how may Pokémon seem to be supported by Mystery Dungeon 2. All 28 Unown are.) It's heads are a bit of 'recreator's license', but they're the best heads for the job. All in all, Exeggutor turned out really well. It's something I wouldn't be surprised to see in Spore.

Rampardos:

Rampardos was a bit tricky. I originally wanted to make Cranidos and actually started, but stopped because I was too tired to not try to make it perfect. When my Cranidos evolved in Pokémon Diamond today I saw Rampardos and thought, "I should try to make that." I did. Pretty well, too. The only problem is that its 'hat' wiggles when it walks. nothing I can do about that. I don't know why it wiggles, it just does. ah, well. Rampardos turned out really well. It's sort of difficult to know its true posture because its back sprite has one that's different from its front sprite. Either way, it worked out really well.

And a bonus creature, not from Pokémon, but still a recreation, I give you
Case Designate Cloverfield (aka "Clover"):

Clover's a lot bigger than that, I know, but I go for proportion, not size. I could've made Clover as big as the editor would've allowed, but his proportions would suffer. Size matters not in this case. I used a fish mouth because it looked most like Clover's actual mouth than any other mouth did in my eyes. I also had to take a few liberties, what with his feet and head-lungs (they ca'n't be represented any other way).

That's it for now. Next group might include Mewtwo maybe, and definitely Banette this time, and possibly one of the Hitmon series, and Pachirisu perhaps. No promises though. Banette's the only one that'll definitely be there. Once I finish my Unown series, I'll compile them into one picture and show them off as a bonus, like Clover.

Hey, pointless thing here: I just saw the view count of this topic to be 151. pretty funny that. It's probably 152 now, but who knows.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:58:27 pm by JKalenad »

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 12:59:16 pm »
And here's the next batch of Pokémon. I actually have eight to display, but I'll split it into two posts.
First up is Banette, as promised:

Banette was one of my most popular creations for a time, and I think it turned out really well. I pulled a Darkrai with regards to its twirly bit at the end of its head tail. I love how its texture came out; it makes it actually look like a puppet. Not much else to say about Banette except that it doesn't like being photographed.

Next is Elekid:

Elekid is the first of all three Electabuzz evolutions I recreated. I took a few liberties with Elekid, but it ends up looking enough like Elekid that I'm fine with it. There it is. It's a little chubby, but that's what it'll be.

Then comes Electabuzz, once Elekid reaches level 30:

The only thing wrong with Electabuzz is that its head is to thin, but that's the widest it'll get without making its mouth look ridiculous. Other than its face, Electabuzz is pretty perfect in my eyes. I've always wanted to make Electabuzz for Spore and I have. Funny thing: Electabuzz is rated with a red angry face on Sporepedia. It was rated that right after I uploaded it. It's the best one on there, so I guess someone was going to make one and said, "hey! That one's better than mine!" or something. Ah, well.

Electivire:

This was the first Electivire on Sporepedia and as of now it's the only Electivire on Sporepedia. No one else has made one yet. I took a tiny liberty with Electivire with its texturing, because its tails ca'n't be colored black like they're supposed to be. I just take what I can get. Turned out pretty well.

Next post will have four more, as well as a bonus picture.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 03:06:34 pm by JKalenad »

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008, 01:19:21 pm »
Nice stuff there. I really liked your Cloverfield. Blows mine right out of the water...
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2008, 01:21:01 pm »
Wow, all good =D
Golem is the best, imo, but that's only because I hate 99% of the pokemon after 151...

That beign said, that Groudon is pretty darn snazzy...

Offline K3rnan

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2008, 01:26:20 pm »
I can't really say I know any pokemon, however, you have a real talent.. I really liked Electivire and golem is cool too  ;D
Please check out my Spore profile or visit my YouTube channel!

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 01:30:29 pm »
I think Golem is one of my best as well, mainly because it textured so obnoxiously well. I know where you're coming from, GCool, with hating 99% of the pokémon after 151; when I was making my list of Pokémon I could make, I found that the later the generation, the fewer pokémon from it I felt I could make. I also noticed that a lot of generation IV is evolutions for earlier pokémon.

Just imagine Clover coming in as an epic. ;D

Okay, here's another group of four. None of them are related, except that only one is not from the first generation. Two if you count the bonus.

First we have
Mewtwo:

Who hasn't made Mewtwo, honestly. I sort of made it on a whim. I took a little liberty with its head because there was no other way to get a decent looking head for number 150 here. Other than that, it worked out really well. I had to wrestle with the texturing to get it to have a somewhat continuous texture on the tail, but I got it there.

Golduck:

I made Golduck on a whim as well. I've always wanted to make it (I say that a lot) and I actually finished everything with it except its tail in maybe 20 minutes. It's a really simple Pokémon, but not limitingly simple like Togepi. Golduck turned out perfectly and unexpectedly so. I toyed with the texturing saying, "I wonder if I just set the detail to red it'll color the gem red." It did and I was happy. yay. Golduck's perfect.

Wobbuffet:

Wobbuffet has always amused me to infinite lengths ever since I first saw it on the tv show. I still think that it could be the ultimate in comedic timing. Just saying "Wobbuffet!" at the weirdest times. Maybe that's just me.
Anyway, I had the same texturing issue with Wobbuffet as I did with Electivire, but it worked out anyway. I even successfully accomplished the hidden features of Wobbuffet. Those being its tail and its soft-serve flip which always looks weird whenever I look at it, so using a Knurl Down works.
Wobbuffet may be a bit too tall and its feet a little too big, but I don't care.
...."Wobbuffet!"

Victreebell:

Same texturing issue as Electivire and Wobbuffet and Mewtwo. Ca'n't make its leg/stem/thing/whatever brown. It still works.
The only issue I have with Victreebell is how it walks. Everything involved with its leg clips through it somehow. There's nothing I can do about that; it's just how Spore works. I could have made Victreebell just like the other Victreebells on Sporepedia and had it scoot along without a leaf-leg, but that's not how I see Victreebell.

That's all for that group. And now, a bonus.

bigger one of that here:

All 28 are there. They're all based very closely on the actual forms too.
Some of them move really strangely. Like Q. I had to wrestle with it to keep it from ice skating. I don't think I'll release the Unown because there are 28 of them...I'll release them if there's a significant demand , though. I just made them to be simple prey creatures and I thought they'd be cool to see in Spore.

I think I'm running out of Pokémon to make...if anyone has any ideas, let me know. I've already made Doduo and Dodrio, but their heads move way too awkwardly for me to release them. I've also made Lucario and I think I may release it, considering it's no worse than Mewtwo.
I'm thinking of making Graveler, Tentacruel and Hoothoot too. Now that I look at my list of possibilities, there are still plenty I could make.
Still, requests are welcomed.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 03:08:14 pm by JKalenad »

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 01:59:22 pm »
Wow, those are great likenesses! Victreebel's my favorite.
"Ooh rabba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 03:44:01 pm »
Awesome creatures, well Pokemon. If you applied your talents to original creatures, they'd be amazing.

As for Pokemon you could make? I dunno... Chimchar and Evolutions (specifically Infernape)? Or Piplup and Evolutions (specifically Empoleon)? Other than that, you've covered most ones...

OH! Lapis. Have you down a Lapis?
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2008, 04:38:30 pm »
The eyes are all awkward looking compared the the originals, but considering it's an anime theres nothing to be done.

One of the main problems I noticed was that the humanoid bodies don't have that odd thick chest with skinny stomach build all pokemon do.  Aslo thought Mewto had thicker hips  =P

Victreebell looks like a horrible man eating monster though =D

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2008, 04:56:46 pm »
To Kratok:
That's what I figured. I find myself using the same two eyes over and over because they look the most like the anime eyes. I always try to stick as close as possible to the illustrations I use as reference, but I guess I never put much effort into making them fit their anime physiques. I'm also partially trying to make them reasonable creatures for Spore, so I guess I go a little lax with regards to the anime physique.

To OpDDay2001:
For some reason I'm never as happy with my original creatures as I am with my recreations. I do make some every once and a while; there are a few on my Sporepedia.
I've decided that if I do Chimchar and its evolutions, I wo'n't put in the fire. I don't really plan to do any fire pokémon that have fire as part of their physique such as Charmander or Ponyta. I'm intrigued by Piplup and its evolutions, though. I'll take a crack at them, but I'm not promising Piplup; I don't know if it'll be to small or whatnot. We'll see.
By Lapis did you mean Lapras?
I'm intrigued by Lapras as well. It would be possible to make, I'm guessing.

I have a few ideas for another group which I'll get to work on. I'll reserve it to be a surprise as to what'll be in it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 04:32:28 pm by JKalenad »

Offline Presea

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 04:50:33 am »
I love your models.  I enjoy pokemon a lot, so seeing some good pokemon models is neat.  Out of the ones displayed in the topic, I thought that Palkia, Groudon, Giratina, Machamp, Machoke, Golem, and Electabuzz were all very well done.

But, one thing stood out at me, and that was your Electabuzz.  When i saw it after looking through the topic just now, i was like "wow, this pretty much looks like my electabuzz."  I pulled up my creature creator and was astounded by the similarities.  But when you said that yours is the best, it made me search electabuzz on the sporepedia, and i was simply amazed by all the sad models.  I do like your use of spikes for the head hairs, I never even thought of that.  Although i do believe that the horizontal striping is better than vertical.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 05:42:06 pm »
hm...you're right, Presea, Horizontal striping does seem to make a better Electabuzz texture, but I think the reason I stayed with vertical stripes is that the style I chose worked for both Electivire's and Electabuzz's tails and arms so well that I stuck with it and said "that's good enough." I do that a lot because I know that Spore's texturing engine wo'n't make textures exactly tuned to the Pokémon's appearance.
Hm. I just now opened Electabuzz in the Creature Creator and I find that the style I used is the only style that will render satisfactory leg and tail stripes. The style that would render horizontal stripes looks okay to me, but I find it lacking stripes on the arms, legs and tail(s). It certainly makes Electabuzz's torso look better, but I prefer the vertical stripe style for its leg, arm, and tail stripes. Another reason being that going into Electabuzz I felt that I wouldn't be able to recreate its lightning bolt stripe properly.
Also, I hope you're not implying that I plagiarized your Electabuzz; because I didn't; I have no reason to. In fact, nothing in my Creature Creator's Sporepedia is made by anyone but myself except for the 30 creatures made by Maxis that came with it.

Anyway, I have a bit of a large post today, as one of the Pokémon has two forms and I have two bonuses (boni?) as well.
So, without further ado...
Tentacruel:

I'm actually surprised at how well Tentacruel turned out. I'm sort of surprised at how much it looks like Tentacruel, unlike Mewtwo. I don't have much else to say except I briefly struggled with the texturing engine:

Darth Tentacruel. I find your lack of Feebas disturbing.

Gastrodon (East):

Gastrodon (West):

Meh. I don't really like how the Gastrodons turned out. I don't like their "feet" or their bodies, but I couldn't make them look anymore like Gastrodon. They're sea slugs anyway, so I probably shouldn't've expected much. Spore doesn't make amorphous blobs very well. That's why I haven't done Ditto yet. They move pretty well, though; their legs don't clip through one another. That's a good thing. I think I did pretty well on their heads, "shells", and colors. I pretty much made them because I thought it'd be interesting to see them waddling around in Spore. Prime example of something being too simple for me to make in Spore.

Arceus:

I made Arceus out of request. Someone posted a comment on my old Dialga saying "please do Arceus" So I finally decided to give it a shot. Well, rock me Arceus; it turned out pretty darn well. I had a fleeting idea to make each of Arceus's plate forms, but that would be more silly than all those Unown. I had to use what I used for the green gems because what I wanted to use wouldn't get small enough. I like how Arceus turned out and I actually even like how it moves. Cool beans.

Rattata:

There's an anticlimax if ever there was one. Go from 493, the Alpha Pokémon to number 19, the Mouse Pokémon. I don't like Rattata's face, but that's how it's going to be. I don't like Rattata's texture, but that's how it happened. I like Rattata's tail, though. I like how Rattata turned out. I made it from scratch, by the way. There's another Rattata on Sporepedia that looks like mine, heck I think it's better than mine, but I did not steal it. Never stole anything from Sporepedia and never will.

And now, the second bonus. (the first was Darth Tentacruel and Eastern Gastrodon. They combined to form one bonus)
Dialga 2.0:

I strained the complexity meter to improve my old Dialga. I added eight (technically four) bone plates to simulate its leg-claws and lengthened the fins for its fan-tail. I added some bone plates for extra spikes, but they looked stupid so I got rid of them. I also made its diamond blue for once and beefed up its legs a little. I think it's a little shorter now too and walks a little better. Why did I do this? because I caught Dialga in Pokémon Diamond. Not much of an achievement, I know, but it's actually the first time I've ever caught a legendary Pokémon in any game. I never had the drive to catch one before.

That's it for now. I don't know which Pokémon will be in the next group.
We'll see.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 03:09:59 pm by JKalenad »

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2008, 05:12:28 pm »
Well, here we go, another group, another bonus (which may surprise people, who knows. I don't).

First up,
Porygon2:

I really like how Porygon2 turned out, especially how it moves. I contemplated making Porygon, but it's way to blocky and would end up looking like Porygon2 anyway, so I just went with Porygon2. I say it's pretty much perfect; I don't see anything wrong with it other than its eyes maybe, but eyes aren't much of a thing to get worked up about, especially when this is an organic representation of a synthetic Pokémon. My spell-checker doesn't underline Porygon2, but it does underline Porygon. Interesting.

Beedrill:

That last one's just a glory shot I guess.
Anyway, Beedrill turned out pretty well, I'd say. Its limbs are too thick, as usual, but other than that Beedrill's fine by my standards. Not much to say about Beedrill. I don't really like how it moves though; it doesn't use its hand spikes to attack, and it's not like I could've hidden any graspers without them being stupid. ah, well.

Porygon-Z:

I looked at Porygon-Z and said, "Nah. Wo'n't make that." Then I looked at it again and decided to make it. I ignored its lack of a neck and actually derived it straight from Porygon2. I had to wrestle with it to make it move better than some of the Unown I made, and its limbs might be a little thick, but whatever. That's just how it is. I didn't want its foot very visible. I could've made it bigger, but I always make things through proportion, not actual size, so this is how the cookie crumbled. I'm fine with it. Both Porygons are herbivores, so it'd be kind of cool to see them bouncing around getting eaten and whatnot.

Ariados:

This one kind of came out of left-field (the only sports metaphor I regularly use); I was looking through the list of Pokémon on Global Trade Station Plus and saw Ariados's name, remembered what it looked like, and looked at its picture. I decided that I could make it and, ta-da, I did. I like how it turned out, but I had to take a few liberties with regards to coloring. Once again, Ariados uses four colors and the texturing engine only supports three. Doesn't matter. I compensated. Ariados moves kind of strangely, but uniquely.

And now, the bonus.
Kertaal:

No, this is not a recreation; it's something I made completely from imagination. I don't make these sorts of things often because there's no demand for it. I'll probably make more unique creatures once I start running out of Pokémon.
The Kertaal is meant to be a sneaky predator in a different way than usual. It actually has two mouths; the one we see and a smaller bird mouth inside. It used that mouth to call for prey, lulling them into a sense of false security and all that. When the time is right it strikes and chases them down if it has to. I like how it moves and I think it's one of my best unique creatures. I'll start posting these unique ones more often.

I don't know which Pokémon will be in my next batch, but we'll see.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 03:11:53 pm by JKalenad »

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 05:25:02 pm »
I personally love unique creatures best, I like Kertaal a lot!

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2008, 05:32:38 pm »
Thanks, Pietoro!
I just read my big post up there and I notice I said, "I don't make these sorts of things often because there's no demand for it." I meant there's no demand for me to do it. At least that's what it feels like. Maybe it's just because I make so many Pokémon all the time.
I might as well start making more unique creatures. What else will I do after I run out of Pokémon, anyway?

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2008, 11:08:29 am »
I noticed that my pictures are quite large, but not of an obnoxious size. I keep them that way so people can get an idea of the proper proportions and details that I see when I make these things. If I start seeing it as a hindrance and annoyance I'll change them into thumbnail links, but for now I'll stick with what I have.
Today's group has only one Pokémon from the third generation. the other three are from the first. I also have an un-Pokémon related creature as well.
Here we go.

Kabutops:

I don't quite know why that last one is included, maybe because I'm really very proud of Kabutops because of how detailed and successful it was. I'm actually sort of surprised with regards to how well it turned out, considering how I had to wrestle with osteoflippies and texturing.
Since Kabutops is evolved from a Pokémon revived from a fossil, I figured I'd use a dinosaur-like texture for its skin, which you can see most easily on its thighs. I also chose to use the shark mouth for its mouth (which you can sort of see in the second picture, I think), considering it's a Rock-Water type, and it can apparently swim really well. I think my only gripes are the black marks on its head, though they are smooth, so I'm not to bent out of shape about that, and the fact that it ca'n't really use its arm-scythes. I tried hiding graspers, but I couldn't get them to the point that I liked and its wrists kept moving, so I left it alone. All in all, Kabutops turned out pretty well. it should have, anyway, it was my most popular creation for a while.

Alakazam:

I actually like how Alakazam turned out. Its texturing is off, but that's only because of the Creator's limitations. I like how creative I was with Alakazam, and how everything worked out. I like its moustache most of all. I don't have much to say about Alakazam except that I'm always surprised at how ridiculously long its arms are. That's how long they are, honestly. look at a picture of Alakazam. That's how long they are.

Dodrio:

ugh. meh. and so forth. I mentioned I did Dodrio before, and I got it for that Pokémon challenge going on right now, so I figured I'd remake it from scratch and see if I could solve some of the original's issues. unfortunately, those issues are ingrained in the Creator. If you place a mouth on a limb, the limb will move very little with the mouth. The only way to make eyes move with the mouth is to place them on the mouth  or on a spine piece with the mouth nearby. Not a limb. Dodrio's a classic example of that.
I don't have much to say about Dodrio except that it bugs me to no end with regards to animation. From the neck down it's fine, but....meh. It textured fine, I guess, but it looked like it spilled oil on itself or something. Ah, well. As long as it stands still, I'm fine with it.

Swampert:

Swampert turned out really well too, and I had to flip a coin, so to speak as to whether I'd make it a biped or a quadriped, then I looked at its Bulbapedia page, and it has it listed as one with a bipedal, tailed form, so that solved that. Swampert turned out really well (considering it's currently my most popular creation), and I really like its posture. I don't like its eyes, but there's nothing I can do there. It's also too bad that in order to color its arm and leg lumps orange, I had to color its fin rips orange as well, but that's not too bad, considering Swampert is another one of those Pokémon that have four colors.
All in all, Swampert turned out pretty well.

Borogove:

Straight from Lewis Carroll's "Jabberwocky" comes the Borogove, as Humpty Dumpty describes, "a thin shabby-looking bird with its feathers sticking out all round. Something like a live mop."
I decided to make it purple because that's how I've always imagined the Borogove.
Here is a picture of the Borogove in its natural habitat, as seen with a couple of Toves and a few Raths.
The Borogove turned out very, very well. It was sort of the first time I've seen something I've created and really thought that it would be awesome to see it walking around in Spore. Of course, I'd never eat it if I were a carnivore. That wouldn't be good to me.

Well, that's it for now. Next batch will contain some interesting ones I bet. Who knows. I don't.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 03:13:26 pm by JKalenad »

Offline Presea

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 12:33:58 am »
hm...you're right, Presea, Horizontal striping does seem to make a better Electabuzz texture, but I think the reason I stayed with vertical stripes is that the style I chose worked for both Electivire's and Electabuzz's tails and arms so well that I stuck with it and said "that's good enough." I do that a lot because I know that Spore's texturing engine wo'n't make textures exactly tuned to the Pokémon's appearance.
Hm. I just now opened Electabuzz in the Creature Creator and I find that the style I used is the only style that will render satisfactory leg and tail stripes. The style that would render horizontal stripes looks okay to me, but I find it lacking stripes on the arms, legs and tail(s). It certainly makes Electabuzz's torso look better, but I prefer the vertical stripe style for its leg, arm, and tail stripes. Another reason being that going into Electabuzz I felt that I wouldn't be able to recreate its lightning bolt stripe properly.
Also, I hope you're not implying that I plagiarized your Electabuzz; because I didn't; I have no reason to. In fact, nothing in my Creature Creator's Sporepedia is made by anyone but myself except for the 30 creatures made by Maxis that came with it.

I wasn't implying plagiarism, I was just amazed at the similarities.  I mean, if you take a picture of it from the pokedex (or other related source), and replicate it with reasonable success and accuracy, they should look similar imo.  Anyhow, this is a fun topic to look at every now and then =)
I love the kabutops.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 07:15:38 pm »
I wasn't implying plagiarism, I was just amazed at the similarities.  I mean, if you take a picture of it from the pokedex (or other related source), and replicate it with reasonable success and accuracy, they should look similar imo.  Anyhow, this is a fun topic to look at every now and then =)
I love the kabutops.
Okay. I was just making sure. I agree with you that if two people use the same source, a re-creation should look similar. double Thanks for loving the Kabutops and enjoying my little thread here.

In other news, I'm sort of working on making new creatures. I haven't had the chance today because I was busy with other stuff. I can promise that Gabite will be in the next batch, though.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 04:27:48 pm »
Well, here's my new group of five (from now on I'll try to show off four Pokémon and one unique creature, but that may switch eventually).
There is only one quadruped involved and I now know I've been misspelling quadruped my whole life. crud.
Also, before I uploaded these pictures my Image Shack account had 151 pictures in it. funny stuff.
Anyway, here we go.

Wartortle:

I chose to ignore the shape of Wartortle's tail and just go by description. It's furry, so that's that I made it. Furry. I keep thinking Wartortle's head is a bit too large, but I'm not going to worry about it. I think Wartortle's fine for what can be done. I made it for the Pokémon contest, by the way.

Gabite:

I made Gabite partially out of celebration because I had just caught a Gible in Diamond (something I probably should have done when I first came in contact with Wayward Cave, but whatever). I decided to make Gabite because Gible's too simple and Garchomp looks a lot like Gabite anyway, so I made Gabite, and boy is it a predator. It has fives in four categories: bite, charge, sneak and sprint. Kick-awesome predator there. Ca'n't wait to see this fellow in Spore. Anyway, Gabite turned out really well to me. It has the same face as it should and it's colored surprisingly correctly. Cool beans.
July 18th: an update, my Gible's now level 27, so if I train it a little longer, i'll become a Gabite. woo.

Stantler:

It's the Pokémon no one cares about! Stantler! Seriously. They ca'n't be found in Ruby or Sapphire, they're only in the code apparently for Fire Red and Leaf Green, They're not in XD or Diamond. the only places you can find them are in Emerald's Safari Zone extension, Pokémon Colosseum and through Pearl's PokéRadar and even in Emerald and Pearl they're rare and there's only one in Colosseum. I guess I'll just have to wait for the Gold and Silver remakes to come out if I ever want a Stantler. I don't care enough to go buy Emerald or Pearl.
Anyway, this Stantler turned out pretty well except for its silly nose. It ends up looking like Stanley the red-nosed Stantler or something.

Weavile:

It's pronounced "Wee-vial" by the way.
I sort of made Weavile on a whim and I'm partially content with how it came out. I ran into the "Sableye conundrum" as I call it, wherein a Pokémon's head looks very silly in the way that Weavile's and Sableye's heads do. This comes from the fact that both of them have mouths that do not provide the entirety of their heads, so the spine must be manipulated in order to make a head. what results is a weird little round growth that looks more like Stantler's "tail" than a head. There's nothing I can do about that.
Weavile's fairly complex, but only has two 5-level stats: sprint and charm. That's cool. Weavile turned out as well as I could make it I think. It may be a little tall or a little chubby, but that's only because I hate adjusting the spine; it throws all the parts attached to it out of whack.

Jylotril:

This fellow is completely unique. It sort of stemmed from an attempt to make a decent pentaped, and I think I succeeded with Jylotril, because that back foot stays in the same place during the "hot foot" dance and that leg doesn't look like it's a tail with a foot; it actually looks like a leg.
This was a triumph. I'm making a note here: huge success. the Jylotril is definitely a Spore-worthy creature.

That's it for now. I have no idea what will be in the next batch, but a bonus may be the two Geodudes that I made but don't plan on releasing. I like how they turned out, but I'd prefer to keep them in my own game; they're not very remarkable.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 03:15:46 pm by JKalenad »

Offline Skizzik

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008, 06:28:07 pm »
Wow, Great work. Very accurate recreations. I love them. Especially Golem. Keep up the good work.

BTW. I would love to get my hands on those Unown.  ;) *cough*rar*cough*

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2008, 03:20:09 pm »
Well, I'll see what I can do...about...that...

In other news, Scizor will be in the next batch, just as a heads up.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2008, 04:07:34 pm »
Speaking of that next batch, here we are. There are actually only three Pokémon in it, and one's been done to death.
Firstly we have the promised one,

Scizor:

Scizor turned out really well to me, except for one thing: the pincer eyes. They're impossible for two reasons: Things cannot be placed on graspers, and everything moves. I tried using nurples, but they bounce and the pincers have wrists, so I gave up there. That's why I used the Ruby/Sapphire Pokédex for Scizor's description. Other than that, Scizor's pretty good.

Rhyperior:

This is actually a female Rhyperior. I did that unintentionally; I guess the picture I used was of a female Rhyperior. I figure it's actually the best gender choice for Spore at least. I have a bit of a problem with how Rhyperior turned out. It's not its shoulders, as annoying as those are. It might be the coloring or something; I'm not sure. It turned out pretty well, either way.

Pinsir:

I always wanted to make Pinsir, but sort of held off on it because so many others did it before I did and did it better than I thought I could. Then I just decided, "you know what, who cares? It'll just be one more Pinsir. Who gives a hoot?" So I made it. Pretty well too. I'm happy with it. I also made

Ungwis:

Which I imagine as an evolution for Pinsir. It's pronouced "Uhng-gwis" by the way. I see Pinsir as a 1st stage Pokémon, in that it's the first in a two Pokémon evolutionary strand. Like Scyther or Feebas. So Ungwis here is Pinsir's final form. It certainly fits the bill. I really like how Ungwis turned out; it actually looks like an evolution of Pinsir, and it improves on Pinsir's kick-awesomeness. It was inspired by one of the possibilities for the next Creative Commissions thing, that possibility being Pok-e-mon Evolved. I don't think Pinsir could have a 'baby' form like Magby or Elekid.

Dhgicea:

(Deuh-ZHISS-ee-uh)
Look closely at any of those pictures and you'll see that Dhgicea has no neck. And not in the Strong Mad way, neither. Its head is floating. I did that on purpose because I've always wanted to make a creature that looked like it was using telekinesis to hold its own head in the air. I don't know how the food apect of things would work, but it's probably complicated. I used Jennifer Reitz's method of generating invisible limbs to get Dhgicea's head to float like that. I also made another creature with invisible legs and eyestalks, but I didn't release it because it looks and moves sort of strangely. I may release it if I feel like it, or I might redesign it. I don't know. I like how Dhgicea turned out. I tried to make it look like it naturally has no neck. It turned out pretty well and I figure It'll look pretty cool in Spore.

I've officially started to mix Pokémon in with unique creatures with my little posts here. I, as usual, don't have any idea what will be in my next installment. Maybe Breloom. That'd be interesting.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 03:17:25 pm by JKalenad »

Offline Gooey Kablooie

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Ummmm, nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2008, 09:37:51 pm »
Awesome stuff, the 8 year old nerd inside of me is extremely pleased ;D. Also, Kabutops is very very well done, definitely my fav.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2008, 08:14:12 am »
Thank you! ;D
It'll be cool when Spore's released and we see all these Pokémon wandering around.
Anyway, the next batch will definitely contain Ledian, and I'm going to get to work on Breloom.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 11:55:35 am »
Well then. I have a batch of five today, all being Pokémon. In fact, I have one from each generation and two from one generation II.
Anyway, first out of the bag is

Ledian:

Be forewarned that none of the Pokémon in this batch could be recreated perfectly. Ledian is no exception. Its arms are too thick (as always) and too long. Other than that, however, it turned out pretty well. I don't really have much to say here except that it walks pretty cool...ly. I think so anyway.

Breloom:

Okay, um...Breloom didn't turn out extremely well. Its arms are too long, its mushroom cap looks like a summer hat, its tail is too thick, its eyes look lifeless, its neck moves too much, and its overbite is too under. I tried adding a beak with Triceraflops or osteoflippy, but...it looked even worse. It's okay, I guess, but it could've been better I guess. maybe. somehow I think not.
The main reason I made Breloom is because I have a Breloom in Pokémon Diamond and it knows a move called Spore! Which puts things to sleep without fail. Hopefully the game Spore doesn't do that...
Anyway!

Mr. Mime:

Originally Mr. Mime's elbows were inverted. I do not know what possessed me to make it like that. I fixed it, of course. I guess it was because I was really tired when I made Mr. Mime. I need to start being more detail-conscious.
Either way, Mr. Mime turned out relatively well, except for the fact that it's Albino here. I tried to use those furry antennae, but they didn't look nearly as good as the antlers, so I'm sticking with my albino Mr. Mime.

Ambipom:

Ambipom's hands sort of bug me a little, but I think now that they're perfectly fine. Comparing Aipom's hand to Ambipom's hands, I realize that Ambipom's look more evolved like this. That's also why I chose those eyes for Ambipom, to make it look a bit more evolved. All in all, Ambipom looks pretty good. I think something may be missing, but I'm not going to worry about it. I know the nose is missing, but I decided to forget it because it just was too much of a hassle. I like how Ambipom spins because it ends up looking like a cool attack. I'll replace this sentence with a link to an Ambipom video on YouTube.

Aipom:

Shiny Aipom:

I made two Aipoms (and could've made three) because Aipom stands two different ways: on its normal legs and on its hand. In the 3rd generation it stands on its little hands, but I chose to ignore that one. I also did this two forms represented by shininess with Geodude, but I don't plan to release those because they don't look very spectacular. I think I said that before.
Anyway, Aipom looks really good to me. It looks ridiculous, but that's Aipom for you.

Next batch will definitely contain a unique creature. Maybe mostly unique creatures.
I just realized that two days ago was my 1st anniversary to joining these forums. wow.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 03:19:33 pm by JKalenad »

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2008, 06:21:20 pm »
Definitely not mostly unique creatures. I've included one though, so don't fret. It's one of my favorites too.
Anyway, I have four Pokémon here.
First up is

Beldum:

I made Beldum (after some struggling; I think I went through three 'drafts') as an answer to my Metagross. I figured it would be very possible, and it was very possible and turned out pretty well. I decided to make it in the same vein as Metagross, making its little claw a foot. I even utilized the 'paint like' function to make it have the same coloring as its all growed-up counterpart. huzzah. I like how it hops around. It turned out pretty darn well.

Metang:

I'll put those pictures in that format.
I really like how Metang came out. Even though it looks like the illegitimate child of Dr. Phil and Cleveland from Family Guy. It looks like the organic Metagross I made though, and that's all that matters. I love how Metang walks too; it may be the best bipedal walking animation I've ever seen in one of my own creations. Metang doesn't take the organification too well, though.

Drowzee:

I'm not very happy with how Drowzee came out, though it's probably the best I could do. I successfully made it chubby, though. It's physique is pretty perfect I think. My only problem is the coloring (as usual). I could not get Drowzee to wear its mud-pants properly. At least it doesn't look like it soiled itself. I tried to make it look sort of natural.

Hypno:

So, Hypno's nose may be a little too high at first glance, but when you look at that last picture and the actual art of it, that's pretty close. I could've hidden its mouth in its collar, but what would be the point of that? I like how Hypno came out anyway. I've always been intrigued by Hypno and I think if I ever bother to buy one of those "Pokémon 151" shirts, Hypno would be the one. I'm a little bugged by both Hypno and Drowzee's skin texture, but It's probably the best choice anyway.

Culqyriyx:

It's pronounced "Kull-kye-ree-ihks"
Obviously a unique creature of mine. As you can see in the third picture, its eye is hidden in that top mouth, making that mouth a sort of elaborate eyelid. The other mouths hide graspers. The Culqyriyx ends up being a sort of Piranha Plant on steroids sort of thing. I like how it turned out. I ca'n't wait to see that thing in Spore, surely.

I might go back and change all the big pictures in this little thread to those thumbnail link things. I don't know, we'll see.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (Now with smaller pictures!)
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2008, 10:21:59 pm »
Okay, here's another group of five. Two Pokémon in here, and all but one creature were made before this and not shared. One was on Sporepedia for a while and never referenced, the other three were uploaded because I thought that they were cool enough to be shared.

First up is the only fresh Pokémon.

Grumpig:

I wasn't quite expecting to make Grumpig. I just wanted to make a new Pokémon and saw Grumpig's name and thought, "meh, might as well." it turned out pretty well and it's a fairly green complexity, so it'll make a good herbivore. I wonder how many Pokémon I've made so far...I'll search that.
Anyway, Grumpig turned out really well, and I know I could've used hooves and probably should have, but I thought those feet fit Grumpig a little better, just as a hint that it's not just a bipedal pig. It evolved from Spoink for crying out glabven. woo.

Pymulit (Pih-moo-liht)

that picture's completely square.

This guy was made a bit ago, and i never shared it until this.   I don't know if I'll share the orange and green thing though. I probably should. Anyway, the Pymulit is pretty cool to me, probably why I didn't share it. I like its arms. I can easily imagine this in Tribe. socializing with Golem.

Okay, I just checked and I have 68 shared Pokémon, plus Weedle and Doduo. So I've made 70 Pokémon so far. 73 if you count the three I just made. Wow.

Anyway, another Pokémon.

Lucario:

I made Lucario a while ago, regarded it as a failure and scrapped it. I tried it again and still didn't like it, but I kept it like Doduo (which can easily be mispelled into Dodo), and just recently I finally added the shoulder things. I'm content now and shared it. It's still better than Kyogre. or Gastrodon maybe. Lucario worked pretty well as far as I'm concerned now. I can see it in Tribe. woo. It has a stupid grin.

Alxytil (All-zeye-till):

Pictures do not do Alxytil justice. It's just so kick-awesome. That's why I never shared it; I thought it was to good. It spawned from me trying to have joints for the right legs on the left, but that's impossible. I want to make a video of Alxytil and put it up on Youtube, but I haven't been bothering with YouTube lately. I'll maybe do that tomorrow. After I mow the lawn. and finish the 6 hours of things I have to do. I ca'n't wait until Monday. Anyway! Alxytil's one of those things I'd picture on a planet I was visiting. I don't know why. I really like how it turned out and how it walks. cool beans.

Milveris (Mill-vere-iss)

Milveris was my first big creature. Salamence came next. I obviously based Milveris of a Giraffe, and I like its legs because every joint moves. every joint. woo. I can totally see Milveris grazing on a tree. minding its own business.

That's it for now. My next post will contain three new Pokémon: Staraptor, Luxray and Deoxys in its Attack Form(e). I'll post a celebration collage based on my Hall of Fame picture in Diamond with the 6 Pokémon I beat the Champion with: Dialga, Staraptor, Machamp, Luxray, Tentacruel and Deoxys in its Attack Form(e).
There will be at least one other creature too. maybe the Baltzaryx.
Until then,
bye.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2008, 10:28:41 pm »
If you still have complexity space or DNA points to spare, you could put a chuffle nose (whichever one is the doglike nose) on the Lucario. Just saying that might work.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2008, 10:30:42 pm »
I'll try that right now. I'm not making any promises; I don't really like the noses. I'll edit this post with the outcome.

The outcome:
I didn't really like it with the chuffle nose. I put it on, got used to it with it (I liked how it the ridges on its mouth sort of worked with it) looked at it from a few angles. Then I took it off to see how I liked it without it again. I like Lucario better without the chuffle nose. the nose ca'n't get small enough for it to be acceptable to me. Lucario's just too kick-awesome to be adequately made. at least by me.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 10:43:43 pm by JKalenad »

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2008, 10:19:47 pm »
Okay, new group of four with two bonuses.
First up, one of my six Hall of Fame team members,

Luxray:

I hate that mouth with a passion. There was no way I knew to get an adequately feline mouth going on. I just ignore it and move on. I could've given Luxray a little nose with a reversed Sporacle, but I didn't. If you cover up its face except for the eyes maybe, it works.
Luxray was raised from the very first Shinx I ever caught. It's been one of my main Pokémon ever since. unlike my starter, which I retired to be replaced by Breloom.

Staraptor:

Monochrome Staraptor. If I could somehow get a red point on that surprisingly perfect osteoflippy I'd be golden. Staraptor may be a little slim, but what does it matter?
Anyway, Staraptor was raised from the first Starly I ever caught, very similarly to Luxray. It's even more of a main Pokémon than Luxray was, considering it's my flier. Wootberries. I had to wrestle with the legs because of its silly fast walking before. That was easy to fix though.

Deoxys (Attack):

I wouldn't have had Deoxys in my group if I knew that I had to beat all 5 in the league in one straight run. I would've had Darkrai for that. But Deoxys was there and it actually pulled its weight; I think it fainted one of the Elite Four's or the Champion's in one move. High-five, Deoxys!
And yes, I do plan to make its Normal, Speed and Defense Form(e)s. Looking at how well this one turned out. Guess where its mouths are hidden.

And a unique creature,
Ardael (Arr-day-elle):

Ardael's another one that was almost too cool to share, but only briefly. I love how this thing walks, and I love how I justify its double mouth. Not much else to say but look at its upper right eye (your upper left); it's sort of bloodshot, I think. I ca'n't wait to see this guy in Spore.

Now, the first bonus:

sorry if that's huge. I probably should have put "Hall of Fame," and then July 17, 2008, but whatever. Dialga's a bit bright, but it deserves to be. It saved the day by the skin of its teeth. It had one PP left on Roar of Time and if it didn't bring down the Champion's Garchomp with one hit I'd have to try to beat the Champion again for the fourth time because the only other move it had was Heal Block and it was my only Pokémon left and I was out of Revives. Very similar to how I beat the end boss to Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
Pride.  ;D

Second Bonus:

I call it Kecleon Masse.
Kecleon has never changed color in the games, though it should, considering it's a freaking Chameleon and its ability is Color Change. This is how I imagine Kecleon should look when it changes type.
Going clockwise from the lower left green one:
Grass, Poison, Flying, Bug, Dragon, Ghost, Ground, Dark, Psychic, Fire, Ice, Water, Electric, Fighting, Steel, Rock and finally Normal in the center.
I hope that's clear enough.
Like the Unown, I wo'n't release these on Sporepedia because it's just 17 different colorings of the same creature.

Who knows what'll be in the next batch? I don't.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 10:21:34 pm by JKalenad »

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (Now with some smaller pictures!)
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2008, 10:33:21 pm »
Okay, big batch today. Six creatures and only two of them are Pokémon, and only one of those Pokémon was recently made.
Starting straight out we have

Baltzaryx (BAHLT-zarr-eyex)

I promised this one a bit back. It's one of my first unique creatures (made shortly after Metagross) and I'm content with it. I'm not crazy about it like some of the creatures I've made (or most of today's batch). Whatever. I like its leg arrangement. I think it has a nested mouth, but I'm not sure. I'll have to check that out.

Qysotril (KEYE-zoh-trill):

That guy is tall. I made Qysotril because I wanted to see how a really tall biped would animate. When I finished it I went to paint and just for kicks I painted it like Jylotril. I saw that and thought "Evolution." So I  made it a triped. The protubers were already there. Just another criteria for its Jylotril transformation. I then went and made four more creatures, all colored like Jylotril showing the evolution from Jylotril to Qysotril. I might release those, but who knows. I imagine this thing is the Space phase, rather than the Tribal phase. hm.

Gallade:

It's the confusing solution to the male Gardevoir issue!
Yeah, whatever. I made Gallade because I wanted to make a Pokémon. there he is. I don't like his eyes, but that's what I get. Other than that, Gallade turned out pretty well except that it doesn't use those spikes *ahem* "blades" to fight. what can ya do. ah, well.

Masrasoged (Mahz-rahz-oh-jehd):

I'm really proud about Masrasoged. Maybe I'm being conceited, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got featured out of all my creatures. Yeah, right.
Anyway, Masrasoged is actually the third member of a new series of creatures I'm making. They all have something in common, besides the fact that they all have wings. One of them I'm not going to release yet because I don't quite like how it looks. I'll fix it and then release it. The other one's coming soon in this batch. I want to have some sort of little contest for whoever can guess what this new group has in common, but I have nothing to give. Except a copy of Wii Play, maybe. Or a CD I never listen to. Maybe the prize could be the Kecleon Masse or some exclusive creature./or Like the firxed versions of some of my Pokémon.
Anyway.

Machop:
http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/6057/cremachop068a14e2wl1.jpg

Yeah, I'm as surprised as Machop here. I found Machop after trying to recover a (/some) lost creature(s) and thought that I'd release it and complete my Matrilogy. It turned out okay. I don't like its eyes, but when I look at it I think, "Yeah, that's pretty much Machop." Spore Machop. Completely intact from a month ago. Even the pictures. I keep all the pictures I take, just in case. Speaking of case,

Gosloscor (GOHZ-low-score)

This is one of the creatures I was trying to recover, but ended up having to recreate from the pictures I took of it before. It's in the same group as Masrasoged and I'm a little concerned that it'll give it away more than the other members of the group, but then again, it's hard to tell.
I really like how Gosloscor turned out originally and so I was kind of frantic to find it again. It's actually the first in the group that contains it and Masrasoged and it's pretty darn good. I would love to see it in Spore.

Well, there it is. The next group will hopefully contain the other form(e)s of Deoxys, a well as some more unique creatures, especially those in this new series of mine.
i don't know why I'm keeping the link such a secret. Maybe just for fun. :P

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2008, 10:39:05 pm »
You've got some awesome stuff, not to mention some of the best pokemon recreations I've seen :D

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2008, 11:26:52 pm »
Thanks, Darth Grievi!  :D
I attribute it to a close attention to detail.
For example, when I was recreating Gosloscor I was bent on replicating a certain mark it had on its right arm when I originally made it. I got really close too, learning a few things about the texturing engine.

In other news, I just finished Deoxys's Normal Forme. I actually made two and called them Normal A and Normal B. Normal A has tentacles, Normal B has hands.
I'm going to tackle Speed Forme next, and It'll be interesting to see how I handle Defense Forme. woohoo.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2008, 08:15:05 pm »
Okay, Here's the next batch. Kinda. It mostly contains the forms of Deoxys I made. There are a few new creatures here, part of that new series of mine.

Starting with

Deoxys (Normal):
in 2.5 flavors!
A:

B:

and Photoshop:

Deoxys Normal A is derived straight from the Attack Forme Deoxys I made earlier, and was the base for the Defense and Speed Formes coming soon.
Consquently, I was going mostly for appearance, not for actual stats. More on that later.

Deoxys (Speed):

Speed's hips are a bit too narrow, but any wider would be ridiculous looking. I also discovered something: you can put things on armor pieces, as evidenced by Speed's hip circles. with fins on them.
Something I tried to do with Speed was to actually make it fast. I made sure it had enough sprint parts to give it a 5 sprint. because it's the Speed Forme. I realize now that I could have doubled its legs; copy them, but not move them, but I don't see the point in it. Plus I don't know how that'd work out.

Also, I fixed something with the Attack Forme; it had no circles on its back. Now it does. w00t.

Deoxys (Defense):

Defense is the funniest looking, but also the coolest. I wondered what would happen if I put feet on its tentacles and when I did I found it walked incredibly cool...ly. Consquently and ironically it's the fastest Forme here (maybe I should double Speed's legs...). I wanted to make it have the thin/wide tentacles that it really does, so I used the bone plates. Maybe I should flip them around. I'll go try that.
Verdict: meh. I like this Sporified version better. It fits better.

And now the whole happy group:

or if you prefer:

Next up are three creatures from that series I'm doing.

Ecais (EHSS-eyes):

I notice a lot of the creatures in this series are bipedal and have wings. That's totally unintentional; I guess it's just the influence of what they're based on.

Vendysholv (VENN-deye-showlve):

Well, except this one I guess. The Vendysholv kind of hints at the basis for this series; it has seven triceraflippies on its back. No, it's not the seven deadly sins.
I had to wrestle with this one's walking animation. It kept swinging back and forth like a snake or something and made me a little dizzy. I fixed that, though. That animation was great, it just didn't work on a creature of Vendysholv's size.

Heotnepeulm (hay-AWT-neh-poolm):

Heotnepeulm is meant to be similar to Gosloscor. It's sort of a combination of Gosloscor, Masrasoged, and Ecais. This one is a member of the series that I could have been really obvious with, but I didn't see the point; it would ruin realism in my eyes.

I don't know if the next batch will contain any Pokémon, but then again, I don't know if it'll contain any of the Series.
We'll see.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2008, 10:51:20 pm »
Okay, a little tiny update here. Haven't been posting recently because I discovered Boom Blox :P. I made a new creature called the Romniid (RAWM-need):

It's part of the Series and it hints at the basis similarly to Vendysholv. I like how Romniid turned out and I could really see as wild in Spore. Although how I describe it behaving probably wo'n't be allowed; It's an evolved cannibal. We'll see.
Well, I might get back to making creatures soon. my Boom Blox profile is at 90% completion, so...
Though I don't know how long anything will last. August is coming soon, and with August comes college, so I might not even be making creatures until Spore itself comes out.
We'll see.
I want to make another Pokémon, but I'll have to think on that.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 03:15:35 pm by JKalenad »

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (Romniid added 7-31-08)
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2008, 11:50:24 pm »
I probably should have said, "I want to make some more Pokémon. Because I made four in a row. and they all turned out surprisingly well.
They're all related to. Guess how.

Too late.

Hitmonlee:

There are a lot of Hitmonlee on Sporepedia, but I threw away all cares as to whether I make a Pokémon someone already made. These are my own special little things. so nyeh. Every time I make one I picture it in Spore. and I can picture a nest of Hitmonlee in Spore. and it's cool.
Guess where the mouth is hidden.
Answer: there are actually two; one behind each eye. With Defense Forme Deoxys I somehow made the mouth embedded in the creature's head to the point where I ca'n't get it out without shrinking the spine. I tried to recreate that with Hitmonlee, but I couldn't. Curiouser and curiouser. Either way Hitmonlee turned out obnoxiously well. so well I was wondering if I should even share

Hitmonchan:

Though when I looked on Sporepedia for Hitmonchan I was sort of disappointed by the results of my search, so I decided that it couldn't hurt me to share him (though the coloring didn't work. never does). And it is a him. there's no such thing as a female Hitmonchan. or Hitmonlee. or

Hitmontop:

I like the paint job on Hitmontop. Also, don't expect a shiny version that walks on its hands or something. I'm sticking with the realistic Hitmontop that actually uses its feet. That's how I envision Hitmontop; using its feet to walk and only spinning on its head when it's fighting. The way I envision Hitmontop fighting in real-life is pretty cool; spinning and flipping all over the place. Also, I'm amused by the fact that Hitmontop looks nothing like Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan or even

Tyrogue:

Tyrogue is small. I mean, he is tiny. On Image Shack, the pictures of Hitmon Tyrogue are so small they don't need thumbnails; they just overflow onto the...here, look:

that amuses me.
anyway, I have a little compilation picture and you can see how small Tyrogue is compared to its evolutions.

rocking cool. to me at least.

I'm getting back into Creature creating, so expect another update eventually.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (Hitmonseries added 8-01-08)
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2008, 03:14:11 pm »
That update is here. There are six creatures here and most of them are actually Pokémon. And I thought I'd run out.
First up is a creature in the Series:

Amant (ah-MAHNT):

This one can give away the influence considering its color. I like the whole theme of five I have going on with Amant, but its color scheme kind of annoys me because it's centered around what the flowers want. meh. Amant isn't very spectactular, though it does blend with the Spore world pretty well. It turned out fine.

Chansey:

I'm actually surprised at how well Chansey turned out and also disappointed:

But that's a limit of the Creator. Egg-shaped blob creatures aren't well-supported it seems. I've decided to make any Pokémon I want, despite whether a million others have made it. I don't plan to make Pikachu however. But we'll see. Who knows.
Pointless little trivia here that egg is actually a bunch of the same part in the same place. Thus giving Chansey the high health she's known for. A little cheap, yeah, but I wanted to at least give her that. Too bad she ca'n't throw those things. that'd be cool.

Shieldon:

Shieldon came out of left-field sort of. I also ended up wrestling to no end to make it look like Shieldon should. It's actually pretty darn good because its highest stat is charge I'm pretty sure and that makes sense. It doesn't have too high of a health stat because it only has two armor plate things and its body is completely unguarded from everywhere but the front. It's very true to the actual Pokémon and how it'd ne in real life. Too bad I couldn't get that big face panel to be black. ah, well. I made it a carnivore at first, but changed it to an herbivore because I felt that to be more fitting considering it ca'n't fight really well and it sort of resembles a simplified triceratops.

Witenfanas (wiht-EHN-fah-nahz):

Another member of the Series. I wanted to make a really thin creature, just to see how it'd look. I'm content with Witenfanas, but it feels like it's missing something. It's just really simplistic is all. I can imagine it in the Tribe phase, certainly.

Jynx:

I'm surprised that I actually made Jynx. I had to think about it and wrestle with certain aspects of her, but I got everything where I want to. She obviously has feet, but they're blocked from view by her dress, so whatever. I always interpreted her as a monopod (even though she doesn't actually seem to have feet at all), but I couldn't get her to animate reasonably with one foot, so I stuck with a waddling biped, which is better to me. She also has a level five strike because of her..."hair"...and it's hilarious seeing the example animation. Her jumping and hanging in the air looking completely ridiculous. It amuses me, anyway.
I ca'n't really imagine her in tribe, though. I don't know why.

and the coup de grace,
Houndoom:

I'm surprised and ecstatic about how well Houndoom turned out. It looks almost exactly as it should and if I remember correctly, it's one heck of a carnivore. It actually looks and moves like a dog too. except when it sits. But whatever. huzzah! I think that Houndoom is near-perfect. Right up there with Palkia and Groudon, in fact. The only thing missing is its tail's arrowhead, but that's no big deal. High-five, Houndoom!
For some reason I just imagined Houndoom playing through the Creature stage and reaching sentience. How would that work, I wonder?

Anyway, that's it for now. I don't know how many or what will be in the next batch, but I hope a Pokémon i s involved.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (6 new creatures as of 8-02-08)
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2008, 12:12:58 pm »
Okay, I've got another bunch of six here. four of them are Pokémon and only one in the entire group doesn't have spikes galore. That's unintentional and I just now noticed it.
Firstly we have

Atralonce (AH-trah-lohnss):

The Atralonce is another member of the Series. I really like how it turned out, especially its forelegs. Somehow it doesn't seem very spectacular though, despite the fact that it's practically perfect. I don't know what else to say. It turned out really well.

Atralotusad (AH-tra-LOH-tooss-ahd):

The Atralotusad is an evolution of Atralonce in basis as well as in Spore. Atralotusad is directly modified from Atralonce.
Anyway, Atralotusad turned out incredibly well. I think it might be one of my best bipeds mainly because of its small calves. Every aspect of its animation is pretty much perfect. Atralonce was near-perfect, so an evolution of it would be just as, if not more perfect.

Ivysaur:

Looking at Ivysaur from behind kind of annoys me, but I ca'n't really improve on it because it'd walk really ridiculously otherwise.
I really like how Ivysaur turned out and I'm actually surprised I even made it. When I look at it from a distance I distinctly recognize it as Ivysaur, and that's a huge sign that it really worked out.
As a side note, Ivysaur is not only the only creature in this batch without spikes, but it's my first creature since Jynx (or Witenfanas if you're picky) that doesn't have spikes. I must've just hit some spike zone or something. I do like the spikes.

Nidoking:

Nidoking. What's cool about Nidoking is that he actually meshes with the Spore look really well. Big poison ground-mouse. There's nothing I can really say about Nidoking except that I like how he turned out.
Exciting post today, huh?

Sandslash:

no, it's not Nidoqueen. yet. I have three gripes about Sandslash: it seems to thin, its eyes are not dark enough and its quills look like it landed back first in a lake of custard. I tried putting other eyes in the eyes it has now to make them look darker, but it didn't really work out. ah, well. Sandslash is okay. I can picture it in Spore pretty darn well.

Nidoqueen:

Even as a kid Nidoqueen always fascinated me for some reason. I look at her torso and still three things pop into mind: "That's just how it is", "she looks like she's wearing a bikini", and "that looks like a weird face."
I think I captured her torso armor thing pretty darn well. She's actually modified straight from Nidoking, thinned out in places, thickened in places...She also has more health than her male counterpart, as should be expected. She worked out really well. huzzah.
The only problem is that in Spore Nidoking and Nidoqueen wo'n't be able to mate. Nidoking will mate with Nidoking and Nidoqueen will mate with Nidoqueen and they'll be coexisting tribes or packs, rather than counterparts. Ah, well. It's sort of funny anyway.

That's it for now. Keep your eyes open for the next batch of whatevers.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (6 new creatures as of 8-05-08, including Nidoking)
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2008, 02:47:43 am »
Houndoom and Ivysaur are the best Pokémon I've seen so far. Oh, except of course:

J/K great work!

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2008, 12:00:39 pm »
I know what you mean, that yellow thing is the most beautiful Pokémon recreation I've ever seen... :'(
It's just...marvelous.

:D thanks, huggkruka!

In other news, I'm thinking of making Surskit for the next patch. Certainly will be easy. I keep batting the idea of making Cresselia, but I'm concerned how it'll move.
So we'll just see.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2008, 12:04:03 pm »
yea, hopefully the patch will have some animation fixes.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2008, 11:47:07 am »
Agreed.

Anyway, here's the newest batch. It's an interesting one; it has one creature in the Series, three Pokémon (one's completely new and fine, one's --was-- a Gaming Steve exclusive because she wouldn't upload, and one's an updated version of one), and then one completely unique and new creature that has nothing to do with anything.
Off we go.

Bellsprout:

Bellsprout actually turned out creepily well. Its real mouth is hidden, actually, right at the base of its neck. It animates incredibly well; it sort of bobs around like some sort of child. Originally it had the Leeotch mouth, but I switched it for the hidden mouth and Jellybutton I have here.
Bellsprout may be one of the most perfect creatures I've made. At least to me. I say that a lot, though.

Beshechi (BEHSH-eh-chee):

The Beshechi is obviously not a Pokémon; it's part of the Series.
I wanted to make a realistically blind creature, just to see how it went down and how it'll work in Spore when it's released. That's about it. I have mixed feelings about Beshechi's tail, but hey, it's Spore, what can ya do.

Ezelopid (eh-zehl-OH-pihd):

I did not intend to share Ezelopid. I just made it on a whim to be prey for Spore. It has nothing to do with any group of any kind. I also made a little pea-like creature that would make perfect prey for any carnivore. I don't know if I'll share it though.
Anyway, Ezelopid ended up getting shared as a result of my trying to fix an issue with the upload of

Gardevoir:

"It will try to protect its trusted Trainer with its life. It has the ability to see the future."
-Diamond/Pearl Pokédex
The Embrace Pokémon, Number 282. Psychic-type, with either Trace or Synchronize as an ability. Omnivore. Charge and charm are its highest stats. It has a speed of zero.

Gardevoir is a Gaming Steve exclusive because she didn't upload to Sporepedia. You can go ahead and look at her thing here, but you ca'n't download her except on this page because her png didn't upload. Nothing I did in any way, including remaking her could get her to upload.

--8-10-08 I got Gardevoir to upload. the solution seems to be making the description and tags blank and possibly adding a space at the end of the name, then adding the description and tags on Sporepedia. Go on and check her page out!--

I kind of pulled a Darkrai with her; she floats around on a skirt. She does have legs, but they're only visible from certain angles.
As a side note, I refer to Gardevoir as female because that's how I think the Ralts family should be: Kirlia should only evolve into Gardevoir if it's female. If it's male, it should need the Dawn Stone to evolve to Gallade, as it does now, but it should not evolve into Gardevoir. This ca'n't be fixed now, unfortunately.
That's just a little gripe I have, and a solution to the gripe. Gardevoir seems to have problems; her evolutionary family makes no sense and she wo'n't --wouldn't-- upload to Sporepedia.
Anyway...

Registeel 2.0:

With what I learned from Deoxys, I finally hid Registeel's mouth properly. It's the same mouth, but it's split and hidden behind Registeel's shoulders now. Registeel's eyes have also been moved down. Now it looks more like Registeel and it'll still function. hopefully.

That's it for now. I tried to make Togetic, but it looked hideous, so I scrapped that. I also tried to make Surskit, but it skated around on the ground, barely moving its limbs, so I scrapped it too.
It'll be interesting to see what's in the next group and whether any of them pull a Gardevoir.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 10:49:38 pm by JKalenad »

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (4.5 new creatures as of 8-07-08, including Gardevoir)
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2008, 11:58:34 am »
They are all very good. For the people who claim they will kill any pokemon they see in the game, I say if they didnt have the label "pokemon" on them they would simply be really cool creatures...

Nice work.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 07:34:34 pm by Fledgeling »

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2008, 05:20:48 pm »
Thank you, Fledgeling!
I don't think it's worth getting all worked up about, having Pokémon in the game. As long as they function well, I don't see the problem. I guess those people just want Spore to be a game that's just unique and stuff. Maybe they don't see Pokémon as a worthy use of time with regards to the Creature Creator.
Yeah, I just imagined someone who claimed that playing Spore, then coming across a really good Stantler or something and saying, "wow, that thing's really cool!" then they look at the Spore card for it and are very surprised that it's actually a Pokémon.
That sounds like a T-shirt.

Anyway, I have a little thing here that I probably should've done a while ago, but now that Registeel is normal for once, here we are:

All four Regigolems. huzzah.

I'm thinking the next batch will have some more creatures in the Series, rather than Pokémon.

Offline Skizzik

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2008, 05:42:19 pm »
I love the Regi Family. Great work.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2008, 05:33:51 pm »
Thank you, Skizzik!

In other news, Gardevoir has been uploaded to Sporepedia. I'll edit that post featuring her to describe that fact. No longer a Gaming Steve Exclusive, unfortunately.  :-\

I have another batch here that I'm pretty proud of. Only two of them have feet. or even legs.
So here we go.

Aggron:

Aggron's actually surprisingly small. But I go for proportion, not size.
I'm sort of surprised I even made Aggron; it's something I've wanted to make for a while, but I never really did anything with it. Now I have. I like how it turned out, and if I remember correctly, it's a pretty carnivorous fellow. Predator extrordonaire. I like how I shaped its helmet thing and I love how its texture is. I got the mouth itself closest to the real thing as I could. I'm very content with Aggron.

Uletekaiteij (oo-LEHT-ehk-EYE-tayzh):

Uletekaiteij is another one of The Series, and...I'm not as happy with it as I could be. If I have a definite idea how a creature should be, I can make them pretty well, but Uletekaiteij didn't have a very strong base. It turned out well enough, and it fits in Spore. I'm pretty content with it. I'll leave it at that.

Cresselia:

Now we move into the kick-awesome domain. For Cresselia, I just tried to mimic her physique as well as I could. I tried to give her an accurate color scheme, but the way fins color wouldn't have it. It kind of makes me wish there was an option to individually change how certain parts of...certain parts...are colored. Then I could make the fins purple like they're supposed to be and Cresselia would look so much like how she should I'd rank her up with her apparent foe Darkrai. I like how she turned out, anyway.

Solrock:

Suprise! (or Spurprise if you want). I decided to try my hand at Solrock and I'm pleasantly surprised by the outcome. Only one tiny thing about Solrock didn't color right and that thing is...are...its eyes. the little pupil things are supposed to be red, but Detail is yellow and has to be, and the points of  Heycorns are linked to Detail. doesn't matter to me. Solrock's nearly perfect either way.

Lunatone:

Why make Solrock without Lunatone? Lunatone taught me a few things about footless and legless locomotion; I had to redo it twice until I made this one because it would move by dividing itself in half or separating somehow. blech. Lunatone is also tiny. It's almost half the size of its sibling Solrock. And I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to be. But once again, I go for proportion, not size.
I just looked on Sporepedia and I'm the first person do make Lunatone the way I did. cool.

Also,

Lunatone and Solrock. They're cops. 8)

Maybe I should modify that picture and give them both cool shades.

Well, I'm thinking of making compilation pictures of the Machop evolutionary family and the Beldum family, as well as the Electabuzz family and maybe the Dragon Trio as well. We'll see.
I also want to make Graveler to finish off the Geodude family, but I don't know how that'll work out.
We'll see.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 10:42:53 pm by JKalenad »

Offline Skizzik

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (5 new creatures as of 8-09-08, including Cresselia)
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2008, 11:24:05 pm »
Once again great job.

I just found this person on the sporepedia. Some of the best pokemon recreations i've seen yet. Clicky

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2008, 11:40:54 pm »
Solrock is great. He's actually a Pokemon I used to have on one of my (many) teams. I just like his design. =)

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2008, 09:27:27 am »
Thanks again, Skizzik and Pietoro.

I've seen infoan's stuff before, namely his Magnemite family. It looks like he started with Bulbasaur and just went through, making every original Pokémon and its complete evolutionary family.
They're superb visual recreations, but I imagine some of them may not function very well.

Offline Skizzik

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2008, 09:49:29 am »
Thanks again, Skizzik and Pietoro.

I've seen infoan's stuff before, namely his Magnemite family. It looks like he started with Bulbasaur and just went through, making every original Pokémon and its complete evolutionary family.
They're superb visual recreations, but I imagine some of them may not function very well.

I was thinking the same thing. They look great in the .png, but I have yet to try them in the CC to see how they animate.

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2008, 12:07:46 pm »
A lot of them don't... at least the Eevees and Mewtwo (which are the ones I d/led)

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (4 or 5 new creatures as of 8-11-08, including Sceptile)
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2008, 08:28:17 pm »
As for mine, I have four more (five if you want to count the shiny versions of two as half-Pokémon) Pokémon here. Starting with this guy:

Charmeleon:

I seem to remember saying that I didn't plan to do the Charmander family. But I made Ivysaur and Wartortle, so I thought I might as well make Charmeleon and finish up stage 2 of all three Kanto Starters.
I like how Charmeleon turned out. It seems a bit skinny to me, but it's good enough, especially considering it has feathers for flames.
Pointless trivia here: Charmeleon is the only member of its evolutionary family that hasn't been represented somehow in the Super Smash Brothers series. Sort of interesting, I guess.
With Charmeleon done, we have this:

woo.

Geodude:

Shiny Geodude:

I made Shiny Geodude because I've always thought that Geodude is one of the Pokémon that are very lacking in the locomotion department. If Geodude actually existed, I imagine they'd walk on their hands and when battling, throw themselves at their enemies and use their fists.
I didn't plan to release Geodude, but I decided to do so after I made

Graveler:

and
Shiny Graveler:

to complete the evolutionary family I started with Golem. I made Shiny Graveler because I figured if I had four arms and was built low to the ground like Graveler, I'd sometimes use my lower set to add to my speed. Seems realistic. Also, the idea of warring tribes of the faster Shiny Graveler against the more dextrous, normal Graveler amused me.
And so:

Golem's all alone without a Shiny version. That's because it's relatively[ i]normal[/i] in its physique.

Sceptile:

Sceptile turned out really well, surprisingly, and it has some pretty good stats, making it an omnivore to be reckoned with, just like the other two third stage Hoenn Starters I made. Sceptile's another recreation that I look at from a distance and instantly register as itself. Not much else to say except that its tail "leaves" sometimes clip through the ground and that kind of bugs me.
Totally off topic, but I wonder if I'll have to fiddle with Staraptor so its wings aren't folded so it can actually fly without obnoxious clipping...hm.
Anyway:

That's it for now. Oh, except:

Machop's just going through the motions.

I don't have any plans for the next batch (rarely do!) but I'll bet another of The Series will be involved. Also a compilation picture of the Electabuzz family. I also want to make Gengar, but I don't know how that'll turn out.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (4 new creatures as of 8-16-08, including Exploud)
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2008, 11:25:11 pm »
Okay...here we are....
I have four creatures here. Three are Pokémon. I also have two bonus pictures.

First up, we have

Golbat:

This Golbat is amusing to me. It looks so sinister. and nothing like Golbat. I don't really like how it looks exactly, but it fits in Spore this way and this is the best I could make it to fit my little Pokémon series thing.
Golbat's fine.

Exploud:

High five, Exploud.
Exploud turned out really well. It may look a little skinny, but that's just because its mouth is closed. for once. It also looks weird from the side, but really, that's how it probably would look anyway. In order for the tails to be properly proportioned and positioned without having stupid and sudden curves, that's how they be. I ca'n't wait to see this thing in Spore. I can imagine it in Tribe really well.

Nonem (NO-nehm):

I was sitting here saying, "Nonem looks familiar." the I realized that it looks an awful lot like Dhgicea, but without the floating head aspect. Unintentional, of course. Nonem is part of The Series, which probably needs a better name, but I have no better name than that. That's about it.

Hoothoot:

Hoothoot annoys me. The Pokémon itself, I mean.
Hoothoot has one leg. End of story. According to the Pokédex it doesn't, but I beg to differ.
Hoothoot apparently has two legs and keeps one pressed against its body, standing on the other. It switches its legs to quickly for the human eye to see. Apparently.
WHAT!? Hoothoot has one leg. Evidence?
Here's the evidence. Hoothoot's leg is directly centered on its body. Its foot is symmetrical, as though it is two feet fused together. Its foot is wide enough to be a monoped's foot. Every official art, every sprite you see of Hoothoot (except in the anime, apparently) has its single leg centered and there is never any evidence of another leg.
That is why my Hoothoot here has only one leg and its description is from the Silver Pokédex. Because it has one leg. meh.

Well, that's that. I have a couple compilation pictures here as a bonus:

I wanted to make Gengar in Spore, but I found it to be not possible, at least to my liking. I did however, make this:

;D

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2008, 12:50:31 am »
I had an Exploud on my Emerald team. I really like him. =)

HootHoot turned out really cute!

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2008, 10:29:30 am »
Thank you, Pietoro!
I have a Whismur in Diamond right now, and I want to evolve it into an Exploud, but that'll take a bit.

Yeah, Hoothoot turned out really well. In my post up there I'm not even sure if I commented on the Hoothoot I made. I just ranted about the real Hoothoot.
I like how Hoothoot turned out as well. Its leg was a bit of a pain, but it worked out.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2008, 12:34:48 pm »
If you make Ampharos, I will herald you as a god.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (5 new creatures as of 8-16-08, including Exploud)
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2008, 02:56:06 pm »
Ampharos:

How's that?
Its tail is a little thick, but that's the closest I could come.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 09:23:53 pm by JKalenad »

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2008, 02:24:49 am »
The tail should be thicker at base, to make it look thinner at end. But heck, that looks awesome.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2008, 08:22:31 pm »
Thank you! ;D
It's too bad limbs ca'n't be made thinner. But the Creature Creator is pretty powerful nonetheless.
In pointless news, I finally caught Cresselia in Pokémon Diamond. Now my sights have turned to Heatran.

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2008, 06:30:52 pm »
Thank you! ;D
It's too bad limbs ca'n't be made thinner. But the Creature Creator is pretty powerful nonetheless.
In pointless news, I finally caught Cresselia in Pokémon Diamond. Now my sights have turned to Heatran.

grats and I like your exploud.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2008, 12:12:45 pm »
Thank you, Darcie!
I'm officially ready for Spore to get here. I haven't been making many creatures lately and I've sort of run out of Pokémon that I want to make.
I'm working on a Two-Face Mawile picture like the Joker Gengar one, but I don't know if I'll go through with finishing it or what.
We'll see though. Maybe I'll have some burst of inspiration or something.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2008, 12:53:22 pm »
make steelix. That should be a challenge.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2008, 03:28:11 pm »
I'll do that and better.
I made the entire Onix evolutionary family, as well as a new creature in the Series and a little surprise.
I've decided that I should just try every Pokémon that I think I ca'n't do. except the ones that I know I ca'n't do like Spiritomb or Kyogre.
Anyway,

Ovebistheni (oh-VEH-beez-then-ee)

Ovebistheni is meant to be in the Tribal phase. Mainly because it's pretty plain without clothing. My guess is that, since it's red with regards to complexity it'll just appear in Tribal. If not, I'll just play through Tribal with it at some point. It needs clothes. Not much else except that it sort of resembles Deoxys, what with its one eye in its chest like that.

Onix:

I'm actually surprised at how well Onix turned out. It broke the complexity meter, though, so I couldn't give it the right number of rocky body segments. I gave it ten I think and left the small ones to be taken care of by the fleshy tail bit there. I actually ran out of room for armor plates, so I had to get creative and move stuff around. The important thing is that it looks like Onix. Only problem is that it's a bit dark, but I think I was fed up with it by the time I painted it. It's not a very good carnivore, which makes sense considering it's the first stage.

Steelix:

There you are, Yannick. Steelix. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and it turned out surprisingly well. It's a better carnivore than Onix, considering it has spikes and gems and stuff for charm and charge, so...woo. It looks really cool from different angles and when it moves, just like all the Onix family members.
All? Why'd I say all?
because I made this:

Archrix:

Remember Ungwis, the Pinsir evolution I made up? I made Archrix up, too. I imagine it evolves with some sort of spiral thingummy somehow. Looking at its mouth makes me sort of annoyed because it looks so much like a Spore creature, but I imagine that if it really existed and had a picture to compare it to, it'd look like the Pokémon it came from.
It's a much better carnivore and predator than its predecessors what with all those spikes and such. I'd like to see it and Ungwis duke it out. It's still a Steel/Ground-type, though. I didn't see the point in changing its type since Steel/Ground is already so strong.

I'm going to get to work on some more supposedly impossible Pokémon. Maybe I'll make Blissey. hmmm...
We'll see.

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (4 new creatures as of 8-20-08, including Steelix)
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2008, 08:15:13 pm »
Beee-yuuuu-teeee-fulllll! :)
It's true.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (6 new creatures as of 8-22-08, including Nuzleaf)
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2008, 03:48:04 pm »
Thaaaank you, Gunner! :D

I have a pretty big load here. Six creatures. All Pokémon. I should stop saying I'm running out. I'm not by any means. There could have been seven, but I'll get to that.
Without further ado,

Toxicroak:

Toxicroak turned out well with regards to physique, but color...meh, not so much. I got as well as I could. Really I think the only color issues are the...*looks on Bulbapedia*...vocal sack, as the entire thing and only the entire thing didn't get colored red. I like how Toxicroak is colored, though. It works.
i don't know if I'll make Croagunk, though I certainly could try.

Piloswine:

I actually did give Piloswine eyes and covered them with "hair". Although, its Pokédex entry talks about how it doesn't need to see, so I guess I could make a shiny version without eyes. maybe.

Mamoswine:

I really like how Mamoswine moves. It's sort of funny that I do too because if its gait were applied to a smaller creature I wouldn't. Mamoswine also seems to have lost weight, but I was too far along in its design to make it accurately chunky. It's not really noticeable, though.

Okay, I almost made Swinub, but didn't because I actually tried and when I saw the preliminary creature I made, I thought "Uh, no." Rejected. along with the whole Poliwag evolutionary family. but that's not on trial here.
Speaking of evolutionary families...

Seedot:

Seedot's not as impressive from behind, but the way it moves more than makes up for that. It sort of leans over and looks like it's ramming anything in its path. woo.

Nuzleaf:

Nuzleaf is another triumph in my eyes. Right up there with Groudon and Palkia. I should make a little compilation picture of the Pokémon I think I've recreated the best.
The reason why I think Nuzleaf is awesome is that it looks and is textured nearly perfectly except for its hips. Other than that, it's perfectly fine. It look a lot like Nuzleaf should in a realistic environment. I also like the barkish texture I applied. Five stars from my book.

Shiftry:

I've always wanted to make Shiftry but I've always shied away from it because of its Tengu sandal feet. When I made Nuzleaf so well I figured I'd try Shiftry and pull some Blaziken and such on it and if I could make its Tengu sandals, I would, but I couldn't, so I settled for its green toenails.
As a side note, I keep hitting control-I trying to make italics happen, but Firefox doesn't have that functionality with text. only Word-like programs seem to.
Anyway, Shifty's pretty darn good. I could've made its hands actual leaves, but I figured it evolved from a grasping creature, why should it be stiffed out of grasping? I couldn't make them green unfortunately, but I'm not too bent out of shape about that. Shiftry's kind of odd, anyway.

That's it for now and maybe for a while because I have to return to a school-type setting on Monday. I might not even make any creatures until Spore actually works itself onto my computer.
Speaking of which, I can imagine Shiftry in Tribe really easily.
Also, I plan to take pictures of any of my Pokémon that appear in the game. It'll be cool to see how they appear size-wise and such.
"Hey, a Seedot!" take a picture, kill it, and unlock its feet.

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (6 new creatures as of 8-22-08, including Nuzleaf)
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2008, 11:04:42 am »
Those look really good. Keep up the good work!
It's true.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (7 new creatures as of 8-25-08, including Snover)
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2008, 09:20:06 pm »
Thanks, Gunner! ;D
I do plan to keep up the good work, even during the semester of classes.
But because of my classes, I'll probably be updating less often and with more creatures per update.

Today's update, for example has seven for the first time.
There are two hypothetical evolutions like Ungwis (I'm getting really into those, apparently), four Pokémon, and another "adaptation", but I'll keep that as a little surprise.

First we have

Scindlor (SIN-dlohr):

A lot of pictures there, because Scindlor is fairly detailed. You have to see it from all angles, basically.
I'm pretty proud of Scindlor. I don't really have much else to say except it kind of looks too much like Scizor in a way, but that's just limitations...

Scyther:

Why not finish up the evolutionary family? My only problem is that Scyther's face isn't pointy enough, but that's just another limitation I guess. Its blades look too big, but really I think they're just right. Too bad they just flop around. ah, well...It's Scyther, that's what matters.

Arakta (ah-RACK-tah):

A worthy evolution to Ariados. With these "evolutions", I always keep with trends set by previous evolutions. That's why Scindlor's blue and Arakta is purple. And why Arakta has eight appendages. Arakta's one of those creatures I can easily imagine in the Creature phase. Not much else. Maybe I should've done the orange-yellow stripes with Ariados. Then again, would that look right? who knows?
Maybe I should make Spinarak. Finish the family.

Speaking of which...

Croagunk:

Croagunk (I think it's pronounced CROW-gunk) turned out as well as its successor, if not better. High-five, Croagunk! Wait, never mind. not a good idea.
Croagunk fits in really well with my Toxicroak. 'nough said.

Snover:

I am so surprised at how well Snover turned out. I'm really glad too. I think it ranks up there with Groudon and Nuzleaf, in fact. Everything just worked out. I think it's because I was determined to make the frosty peak thing right and I did. So everything else worked out really well.

That cannot be said, however, for...

Abomasnow:

The more I look at Abomasnow, the more I get annoyed. I feel like I could've done better, but due to the limitations of the Creature Creator, I actually couldn't've. There's a contraction for you. Abomasnow's fine; it just feels like it could be better, is all.

And now for a little treat.

Hard One:

This is an interpretation of a creature from a parallel universe. That universe in question is a primary location in Isaac Asimov's novel The Gods Themselves, which I'm reading again for the first time in a few years. I thought of making the three Soft Ones, but they wouldn't work as well in Spore I don't think.  double negative.
This is how I've always imagined the Hard Ones looking. Green, geometric plates, rigid-looking. Hard.
I know that Hard One's a biped and it has fingers, but there's a reason for that. I've always interpreted that the Hard Ones are our counter-parts in the para-universe, so I think they should sort of resemble us, but not really. Besides, they'd need fingers of some kind if they're technology is beyond ours. How else could they build things? I tried to make Hard One as inhuman as possible. backwards knees...triple jointed arms...et cetera.
Turned out pretty darn well in my opinion. Kinda looks like Regirock, actually. I can really see it in Space stage as a Space stage alien creature that you'd encounter.
Obviously, Hard One is not a penis-creature, nor should it be construed as such. It's called Hard One because that's what it is. Its atoms are tightly packed. It's hard. Hence its name.
Just sort of setting up a defense there.

Anyway, that's that.
Hopefully I can get another update in here before Spore comes out, but who knows.
I got this one in, and I have tomorrow off, so anything's possible.

A side note: I sometimes put links to my creature's pages, but I decided I wo'n't do that because sometimes I revise them. I'd rather have no links than a bunch of dead links. You can download my creatures by going to my profile down there in my signature. That'll never leave its place.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 09:30:13 pm by JKalenad »

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (8 new creatures as of 8-29-08, including Wynaut)
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2008, 06:17:26 pm »
Howdy.
Today's a big update (they just keep getting bigger).
I have three real Pokémon, one hypothetical evolution, three half-Pokémon (One's sort of a blend of those last two. you'll see), and one  "Series" creature. I think I'm going to drop the whole "Series" thing, though. They're just creatures with their names and colors derived from a specific group of sources.
Anyway, let's start at the very beginning (a very good place to start):

Tenticule:

You get three guesses which Pokémon this thing hypothetically evolves from and the first two don't count.
I'm basically just adding on to the evolutionary families that don't have three members, like the Tentacool family.
I like how Tenticule worked out, even though it broke the complexity meter. I had this apprehension that it looks too much like Tentacruel, but really, it doesn't. I mean, it looks as much like Tentacruel as Rhyperior looks like Rhydon, so that works. Also, it's the only member of its family that isn't that light blue. I think that's allowed, once again using Rhyperior as an example.
Yeah, Tenticule worked out.
And what would be the Tentacool family without

Tentacool:

"Um...Tentacool doesn't have feet."
Yeah. I know. But its tentacles are cleft and they are flat on the bottom of the tips. I sort of used that as an excuse to give it feet to prevent its head from moving around like an insane twisty balloon. I acutally was planning a shiny version without feet, (or with feet, but making the normal version just...normal) but it failed...miserably. I couldn't get Tentacool's head shape to be accurate without its mouth making its head go insane. I tried putting it on the center and everything. Maybe if I figure it out I'll make a shiny version, but until then, no dice.
Tentacool has armor to sort of fit in more with its family for one, and to distinguish its head from its body and because I used armor pieces to make its beak. nyeh.

Skarmory:

This is sort of an organicked, albino Skarmory sort of thing. I figured I'd give it wings, considering its a Steel/Flying-type. Why make it just plain old Steel? Anyway, Skarmory got me to thinking that maybe my Staraptor isn't designed properly. Staraptor has wings folded to its body and I keep imagining that in Spore they'll clip right through when it flies. So I'm thinking of modifying it to have Skarmory-esque unfurled wings. But this isn't about Staraptor.
Skarmory took a little bit of wrestling and I think it turned out as well as it could've. Ah, well.

Wynaut:

I made Wobbuffet. I thought of making Wynaut, its unevolved form, but I put it off for a while. Then, the other day, I thought, "Why not?" and made Wynaut........*facepalm*
There's a pun.
Anyway, I'm content with Wynaut. I've mastered the tiny legs thing, giving a leg two joints but sort of hiding one so the creature doesn't hover or skate like Surskit did, but realistically waddle and hustle. Maybe it'd do that anyway, but I'm covering all my bases.
Too bad I ca'n't color those line things black like they're supposed to be.
ah, well...

Iveotelal:

I notice now that I didn't take a back shot. But whatever you think Iveotelal's back looks like, that's probably what it is.
I don't know, I somehow can imagine this or Masrasoged becoming featured.
Not much else there.

The following is classified information. Consider yourselves considerably lucky for being permitted to view the following images.
They are part of a large-scale investigation known simply as "Project Pikafield".
The first creature included in this investigation has been labeled
Case Designate Pikafield:

This is a rendered model of Case Designate Pikafield, adapted from a sketch by one Scott Ramsoomair of the webcomic known as VG Cats. The team working on this model sees it as a fairly decent recreation of the image rendered by Ramsoomair.
Also seen in this image from Ramsoomair appear to be many of the small creature deemed
Pichusite:

The only glimpse of Pichusites is available through Ramsoomair's drawing, and because the Pichusite is very small and obscured, the creative team behind the creation of this model have taken some liberties and generated a hypothetical recreation of the parasite, judging from the wounds of victims that have been found. The believe it to be a fairly accurate representation.

Most recently, a sighting of a creature has been made. This creature very closely resembles Pikafield, but seems to be more mature. It has been deemed
Raifield:

Raifield, like the Pichusite model, has been adapted from scant information and images. The only concrete source being that of a photograph taken from a digital camera found in a completely demolished city. Many other photographs were found, and information obtained from them helped render this model of Raifield. As with the Pichusite model, the creative team took several liberties and hypotheses from rubble and damages, and the accuracy of the adaptation is considered to be high.
The path of Raifield's destruction was aiming toward the city in which Pikafield was recorded.

---End of report---
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 06:20:50 pm by JKalenad »

Offline Skizzik

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2008, 06:31:25 pm »
Some more great pokemon. Syther and Wynaut are really good. When I get the game one of the first things I'm going to do is work on getting my zoologist badges. When I do I'm going to make an entire solar system for my pokemon planets. Each planet being a different region. Those planets will be filled with mostly pokemon from you, JKalenad. Don't stop making those pokemon!

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2008, 06:41:24 pm »
Thanks! and I definitely don't plan to stop, Skizzik.
I might even pull a Pikafield with some of the "impossible" Pokémon like Jigglypuff. Maybe.
What I ca'n't wait for is to see all these Pokémon randomly appear on worlds. Gotta catch 'em all.
Seven days...

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (12 new creatures as of 8-29-08, including Haunter)
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2008, 01:52:45 pm »
Well. Um...two days have passed since my last post, and I've made 12 creatures since then (more if you count the ones I didn't upload or less if you don't count two of the ones here). I really hit a vein of inspiration I guess. At one point I just went through a list of Pokémon and thought, "I'll try that one, and that one, and that one..." and I did. I also rejected some without trying and after trying. wow.
So, bear with me. This is going to be a big one. They're all Pokémon, too.

Snorlax:

I really like how Snorlax turned out. Originally I had it with actual eyes, but I changed that, hiding the eyes under its arms and giving it Wobbuffet/Wynaut slits. Looks like Snorlax now.
Someone commented on Sporepedia that it looked like a penguin. I guess it does, but that's Snorlax if it were standing (which no sprites ever show it doing), so nyeh.

Doduo:

I don't like how Doduo turned out. That's why I didn't share it until now. There's a reason I'm sharing it, though.
I don't like how Doduo's beaks move. In fact, I wouldn't even have made it or shared it if I hadn't made Dodrio or

Dosolo (doh-SOH-loh):

Really it should be called Dodolo, but I didn't think of that. too late.
Dosolo is a "Fifth" generation Pokémon, like Ungwis and Arakta. It's the first pre-evolution in that little group too. I like it a lot better than its successors because it actually animates properly. Lousy beaks on limbs.

Bagon:

I made Salamence a while back and I kept Bagon on the back burner for a while for some reason. I made it, though and I'm really happy with how it turned out. It certainly lives up to Salamence (who's apparently only about four feet tall. well.)'s standards. I can easily see it in Creature Phase.
and where's the Bagon evolutionary family without

Shelgon:

Yes, I know Shelgon doesn't have stripes like that and I know the red on its legs is going the wrong way, but I'm not going to bother Shelgon or else it'll bite me. I'm fine with it. It's fine. Just let it go. It's Shelgon.
Shelgon was obviously a hassle, but it turned out really well. Not much else there.

Ambipom (Shiny):

I realized even back when I made Ambipom originally that I should make a Shiny version, but never did. Now I have. There it is. Shiny Ambipom.
I also made an evolution to Ambipom with three tail-hands, but scrapped it because it always looked too much like Ambipom. I'll leave that evolution to the Pokémon team.

Aerodactyl:

Aerodactyl turned out obnoxiously well. The mouth is almost perfect and I'm surprised at how well the hands turned out. They're not quite attached to the wings and you can tell, but the arms move in just the right way that it's hard to tell that they're not. at least to me. I can really picture this fellow in Creature, as well as in Tribe and Space.
Thumbs up, Aerodactyl!

Slaking:

Ooh...Slaking (I always pronounce it SLAH-king) was on the fence of rejection. Its collar, its wrists...almost made it scrapped. but I kept it because it actually looks like a reasonable creature.
Consequently, it's the only member of its family that I made for Spore. Why? Well, just look at

Vigoroth {SCRAPPED}

Vigoroth would actually be an okay creature if it weren't for the following things:
Its nose never worked, its face looks like a mask, its red head thing wouldn't work, its extra fur didn't work, its tail plume stunk....that's about it. Mainly, it was ugly. I didn't like how it worked out.
It doesn't exist anymore, so don't ask for it. I just wanted to show how it failed.

Mankey:

Mankey's pretty tiny, and that saved its life, actually. It almost was scrapped, but the criterion for its almost-scrapping was so small that I didn't think it made it worthless. That little problem is that its body halves a little as it walks. It's barely noticeable.
It's a good thing too, because Mankey is one of the best recreations I've made. It actually looks like how it should; the texturing engine actually worked really well.

I also made Primeape, but the reason why it's not below this sentence is the same reason why Mankey was almost scrapped, but on a much larger scale. When Primeape would walk, its halves would shift to the point that its eyes would float and a definite edge would form at its back. No matter where I positioned the mouth, legs or spine, it would always look hideous as it walked. It's real shame, too, because Primeape was just as perfect as Mankey. I would've taken a picture of it, but I forgot to do so. *shrug*

Dragonite:

Dragonite looks an awful lot like Homer Simpson, especially in Spore...
Anyway, Dragonite's okay, I guess, but my only problem is that it's a carnivore. Dragonite's one of the last Pokémon you'd expect to be a carnivore, but it sort of has to be if I want it to look right.
Dragonite's fine, it just could've been better if the Creature Creator didn't have some of the limitations it has. When I look at it from a distance, it registers as Dragonite, so I'm fine with it.

Haunter:

Haunter turned out surprisingly well. Originally it had two little disembodied feet that followed it around, but then I removed those and it animated fine. yay. I actually almost scrapped it, but I knew I could make it, unlike Gastly and Gengar. What's also cool is that it's perpetually suspended in the air, floating around. Hooray for invisible limbs. Its coloring may be a little bright, but I think by that point I was wanting it to be done with.

Tropius:

Tropius turned out very well. Making those leaves like it and Ivysaur have is always problematic, but I accomplished it pretty well. Why does it have those weird insect wings? because it's Grass/Flying-type and it can learn Fly. Why shouldn't it be able to glide a little? Those wings are the closest available to its actual wings. I can really see Tropius in the Creature phase, munching on some fruit. yeah...
I had to wrestle with it a little to make it move properly, but once I got it down it was practically perfect.

Whew. That's it for now. I think the reason why I'm overhauling like this is that I have nothing else to do on the weekends until Spore comes (in a BOX), and I have no time or energy on the weekdays.

Well, there it is.
I should take more pictures of the rejected creatures like Primeape and Vigoroth.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 01:54:45 pm by JKalenad »

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (12 new creatures as of 8-31-08, including Haunter)
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2008, 01:54:43 pm »
Really nice recreations! You make good creaturres.

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (12 new creatures as of 8-31-08, including Haunter)
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2008, 05:33:35 pm »
Thanks Kenobro! ;D
I recently made Abra and Kadabra. I'm really proud of Kadabra. Abra suffered due to the Creature Creator's limitations. They'll be featured in the next update, which'll probably be on Tuesday. Tomorrow, even.
Exit, stage left.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (11 creatures as of 9-2-08, including Skorupi)
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2008, 04:53:49 pm »
Okay. This might be my last large update for a bit. We'll see, though. I'm not making any guarantees, negative or positive.
I have nothing but Pokémon here (I'm getting all the Pokémon out of the way for when I get Spore next friday, I guess). All but one have been made recently and that one in question is being released because its unevolved form was made and released. I also finished up some Evolutionary families. That's mostly what this batch is, in fact. Completing or complete evolutionary families. There's one exception however.
Let's jump in!

Kadabra:

Kadabra's a little brightly colored, but that's fine with me.
I really like how it turned out, especially its tail. That tail has never made much sense to me...

Abra:

Abra has the same coloring issue as Kadabra, but once again, I'm fine with it.
Originally it was textured exactly the same as Kadabra, but because of its size only a tiny little streak of brown appeared near its arm. I wound up with this arrangement. May not be the best, but it does the best it can. I pulled a Wobbuffet with the eyes and for some reason they didn't color as darkly as they did with Snorlax and Wobbuffet. Maybe it's the base texture.
And that finishes up the Abra evolutionary Family.

Spinarak:

It's become abundantly clear that Spinarak's evolutionary family is based on spiders. I just don't know why Ariados walks on four legs instead of six. Doesn't matter.
Spinarak turned out surprisingly well, actually. it moves perfectly fine and actually looks a lot like it should. I can really see that thing in the Creature phase being attacked by a Gabite or something.
Maybe those Spinarak team up with

Anorith:

Anorith turned out extremely well. Just ignore its legs and there you go. Anorith.
I actually did initially leave off the legs, but its back essentially broke when I did, so I gave it legs. Just ignore them, I guess, or imagine it in the Cell Phase. or from above.
Anorith's exceptionally good.

Dusclops:

I now realize how I could have made the teeth accurately colored, but it doesn't matter. Dusclops is perfectly fine.
I actually interpret that Dusclops has no arms, but floaty hands like Haunter. I actually tried to implement that, but it didn't work out; making Dusclops' head roll around like a newborn baby. I decided to just give it shrimpy little arms. Still works very well. I seem to remember being sort of bothered by its walking gait, though.
Dusclops is definitely a creature I can imagine in the Creature Phase, even playing as it.
That would be cool.
Something I realize is that if Dusclops was in Tribe Phase, I wouldn't add too many clothing articles. maybe a mask for the leader or a headdress, but nothing fancy or superfluous.

Bonsly:

Apparently it's pronounced "BONS-leye", rather than "BONS-lee". According to Super Smash Brothers Brawl, anyway. I guess that makes sense, rhyming it with Bonsai.
Anyway, I think Bonsly looks as it would if it were real. Since it's actually a Rock-type, its little globules wouldn't look like leaves, they would look like colored rock. This Bonsly really captures that.
Bonsly is sort of a Rock-type version of Wooper, in a way. Equally hilarious.
I can easily imagine playing through the Creature phase as Bonsly, trying as a goal to evolve into

Sudowoodo:

Sudowoodo's my second favorite Pokémon, I think. I have such fond memories of it.
I actually made Sudowoodo a while ago, but never shared it because it wasn't that good. After I made Bonsly I went back and modified Sudowoodo, making it more accurately colored and giving it bald mace balls for globules rather than spitters (why I gave it those in the first place baffles me. I was inexperienced, I guess). That ties it to Bonsly more effectively.
I love how Sudowoodo moves in Spore; it's exactly how it should move. amusing.

Gible:

Another entry for realism and another tiny creature. I'm actually surprised that Gible turned out as well as it did. It's all shark mouth too. It walks amusingly. It's actually a kick-awesome carnivore like its big brothers Gabite and

Garchomp:

My monitor's not really as good as some, but it's better than some, I suppose. the only gripe I have with Garchomp is that its base color may be a bit too saturated. Other than that I'm totally fine with it. It's actually sort of equal to Gabite, but it has Gible's health, so it's a great third evolution to its Family. I can imagine it in Space, actually.
I'm not the first person to make Garchomp and I may not be the best, but I made Gible and Gabite, so why should I leave Garchomp out? After all, I've sort of adopted this "Gotta make 'em all (or as many as I can)" approach to Pokémon in Spore. Which reminds me...

Western Shellos SCRAPPED:

I have another scrapped creature here. I'm going to try to do this every time I scrap a Pokémon relatively far down the line, like Shellos here or Vigoroth.
Anyway, here are the reasons I scrapped Shellos:
1. The eyes didn't work for me. That's a little thing, but it definitely added to the scrapping.
2. The mouth was fine, it was the lack of a blend between the head and neck that added more pressure toward scrapping.
3. The color scheme was not about to work properly. I would've left off the yellow stripe eventually, though.
4. The little head piece was the main problem. They didn't color well for one and probably wouldn't, they were not a good shape and they didn't meld with the head, which didn't meld with the body
5. Which didn't meld with the legs/feet. I would've let this slide, but Gastrodon's feet really bugged me, and Shellos' little bumps are supposed to be even less pronounced.
In summary, Nothing melded right. Shellos would've made a great creature if it weren't Shellos. Or supposed to be a slug. Gastrodon was big enough to let a few things slide, but Shellos is way too small for me to recreate within a margin of contentment. Once again, Shellos is unavailable for download; I deleted the fellow. I get sort of angry at my scrapped creatures I guess. No room for extreme mediocrity.

Skorupi:

On the other end of the quality spectrum is Skorupi. I'm really happy with this one. It registers as Skorupi even at a relatively close angle.
Not much else there. This one's really good.

Drapion:

Drapion and Skorupi have a weird base color that's sort of hard to replicate in Spore. Heck, Drapion is hard to replicate in Spore. I almost scrapped it if I wasn't so bent on making it.
It broke the complexity meter for armor even. It has too many limbs, that's the problem.
I'm not going to "fix" Drapion in any way. I don't want to touch it ever again. Very tricky. It worked out, though, and that's the important thing. It's not very remarkable, but it's there. I have to be fine with it.

That's it for now. Gigantic post, once again.
We'll see about future updates until Spore arrives in my DVD-ROM drive.
I'm going to go try to make a certain Pokémon now, however, just to see if I can. If I succeed I'll post it, but this one has a very fine line of scrapping.
UPDATE: Yeah...didn't work out.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 06:29:04 pm by JKalenad »

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (11 creatures as of 9-1-08, including Skorupi)
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2008, 12:50:05 pm »
Wow, really nice.

Abra looks like it doesn't have eyes. Maybe you could try a detail part to see the squinting effect?

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2008, 02:08:42 pm »
I could do that, I suppose. I definitely wo'n't give it those wrinkly squinty eyes; those wouldn't look to good to me.
It does actually have eyes, but they're hidden under its arms or its tail. I forget which.
UPDATE: It actually didn't have eyes. I've reuploaded it to Sporepedia. Now it can actually see like it's supposed to. because it's psychic.

I think this weekend I'll be able to show off a few more creatures. Once I get Spore I'll still be showing off things, but buildings and vehicles (most Pokémon-based, actually) in addition to creatures, as well as certain creatures in Tribe (like Machamp. That'd be cool).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 02:43:44 pm by JKalenad »

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2008, 12:40:48 pm »
Because I am semi-lazy, if you haven't, and because you do the best recreations I've seen on a large scale, could you try and make ekans or arbok(sp?)? Because I would like to see how it would coil and such.(if you are taking requests)

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2008, 02:02:51 pm »
Thank you.
I'll try my hand at Arbok and Ekans, but I'm not making any promises. They might end up having a small, single foot like Onix, which I'll try to hide, or they might actually be proper snakes.
I'll give it a shot, though.

I am partially taking requests, by the way. If there is some Pokémon I haven't made and someone would like me to try, just let me know.

I want to get some sort of list posted of the Pokémon I have made, but I don't think I could put it at the beginning of this topic. It's much too large. It's sitting in a notepad file right now, just for my own reference.
Maybe this request thing and list needs its own topic...
There's an idea.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 02:04:36 pm by JKalenad »

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (13 new creatures as of 9-6-08, including Arbok)
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2008, 08:26:12 pm »
Okay...I figured I might as well share these before Sunday in case I don't have time then.
In today's batch we have two unique creatures, eleven Pokémon, and four of those Pokémon are Gaming Steve exclusives because they apparently are too complex for Sporepedia. None of them uploaded. Something must've gone wrong with Sporepedia and/or my Creature Creator with regards to the patch.
Well, let's get this over with.

Ishast: (IHSH-ahst)

This one's one of those two unique ones. It turned out very well and it's one of my creatures that I think could be featured. In my opinion, at least. Of course none of my creatures will likely be featured because most of them are Pokémon and because of said Pokémon my unique creatures seem to be overlooked.
Not that I care.
I expect Ishast to be a pretty good sentient creature.
I started adding Pokédex-like blurbs as my unique creatures' descriptions.
NEXT!!

Sesmyn (SEHZ-mine):

Obviously Sesmyn is based on an octopus. Though in this case it's a hexopus. A land-dwelling hexopus.
I like how Sesmyn turned out. It'll be cool to see it in Spore.
....That's all I got.

Riolu:

Riolu textured really well. I tried to give it a proper mouth, but I didn't like how it turned out so I gave it a similar mouth to Lucario's. It ties it well with its evolution that way. Like Lucario, only its face bugs me.

Lickilicky:

Tongue sold separately. Why? partially realism and partially cosmetics. I didn't see the point in ruining Lickilicky's countenance with a gigantic fake-looking tongue. Also, if Lickilicky was real, why would it have evolved to have a tongue that constantly hung out? It'd get dry pretty quickly I imagine unless saliva constantly flowed down it. and that's a little gross for something as evolved as Lickilicky. Even for nature. and nature tends to be a little gross.

Ekans:

There you are, Kenobro. Ekans.
I made it really low to the ground initially like a snake would be, but once I modified it into this for a shiny version I realized this would work better in Spore. It doesn't coil; it wouldn't.

Arbok:
"The pattern on its belly is for intimidation. It constricts foes while they are frozen in fear."
-Diamond/Pearl Pokédex

Okay...Arbok is the first of five creatures that were apparently too complex for Sporepedia. I hit share, it said it's shared, I look on Sporepedia, and...no Arbok. Not only that, it says (even though it's listed in My Creations) that comments aren't allowed on Maxis-made creatures. This is the same exact story with the four others. They're red complexity and wo'n't upload. I suspect it's an issue with the new Sporepedia and/or the patch. Hopefully when Spore's on my computer this wo'n't be a problem anymore. Who knows. We'll see.
There's Arbok. I'm mad that it didn't upload because it turned out extremely well. It registers as Arbok even though the coloring's a little off. woo.

Drifloon:

Drifloon proves that it's not all creatures that fail the upload. Drifloon's not complex. Therefore, it succeeds.
I initially had rejected Drifloon, but decided to try it again after what I learned from Haunter. This time it worked out very well. I'm not quite as happy as I could be with the base texture. It's a bit too rich. I guess I was going for a balloony look. I don't know why I didn't update it. It doesn't really matter, anyway. Drifloon's perfectly fine.

Drifblim:

Now why in the name of Arceus did I not attempt Drifblim before? It was easier than Drifloon and didn't require invisible limbs. Yet I rejected it before trying it, only because Drifloon failed. Well, here it is anyway. It's perfectly fine. Heck, it's better than Drifloon. I ca'n't wait to see it in Spore. It ca'n't fly, though. Maybe I should try to give it hidden wings. Then again, what'd be the point?

Lickitung:

This Lickitung was made from scratch. It is not based on anyone's Lickitung. Just to make that clear. I mainly made it because of Lickilicky. What's the point of having Lickilicky if there isn't a Lickitung to evolve into it after learning Rollout? (which to me essentially means that Lickitung evolves at level 34)
I did the same thing with Lickitung as I did with Lickilicky; tongue sold separately. In fact, there are sprites with animations of Lickitung with its mouth closed. So its tongue can fit inside its mouth.
I actually used to think Lickitung was a 2nd generation Pokémon. I actually didn't learn that until I got really interested in Pokémon with my purchase of Diamond. It's definitely not a 2nd generation Pokémon; it's practically right in the middle of the first generation.

This marks the last of the creatures in this list that you can find on Sporepedia.

Blastoise:
"The jets of water it spouts from the rocket cannons on its shell can punch through thick steel."
-Diamond/Pearl Pokédex

Blastoise, like all of the Pokémon that didn't upload, turned out very well and I'm mad that its upload failed. I never had that problem until now. There's nothing I can do about it.
Blastoise actually has some spitters hidden under its shell, lined up with the cannons. At least I'm pretty sure they're still lined up. They should be. Blastoise is one of my best I think because it's very accurate and very true to the 'real' Blastoise. I'm very happy with it.

Feraligatr:
"It usually moves slowly, but it goes at blinding speed when it attacks and bites prey."
-Diamond/Pearl Pokédex

Feraligatr here is from scratch, just like Lickitung. Just so you know.
I chose to make Feraligatr have a realistic skin texture. I mean, it's a blerving bipedal alligator. Why shouldn't it? It turned out really well, I think. Very realistic. It's also a pretty nasty carnivore. Wouldn't want to meet it in a dark alley. Especially considering it's 7 foot 7.

Magmortar SCRAPPED:

My realistic yet accurate approach failed here.
Magmortar  just kept getting worse and worse the more I worked on it. I forgot to label parts like Shellos, but there's not much wrong with Magmortar, but they were just enough to make me reject it.
First of all, its arm cannons don't look right. I wasn't about to use Jellybuttons because they move around too much. I also wasn't about to flip the armor plates to the other side because that always ends up looking worse.
i would've been fine with Magmortar's lips and its eyes, but its flames didn't work out. Pulling a Darkrai doesn't quite work in this case. I don't like making Fire-type Pokémon because a lot of them have flames like this and flames are tough to tackle. I could've used feathers, but those wouldn't have worked well enough.
Another big problem is Magmortar's texture. The stripes just didn't work out as they should have.
All in all, Magmortar doesn't look enough like Magmortar. I'm really disappointed too, because I wanted to make a counterpart to Electabuzz's family. Maybe I'll try Magmortar again sometime. just not for a bit.

Magmar:
"Born in the spout of a volcano, its body is covered by flames that shimmer like the sun."
-Diamond/Pearl Pokédex

^Magmar in its natural habitat^

The realistic-yet-accurate approach worked really well with Magmar here, mainly because it's a little more realistic than Magmortar (most of the 1st generation Pokémon are). I chose to go a bit more realistic with regards to texture because I figured if Magmar were real it wouldn't have sharply defined colors like it does. It would look more like fire does. I also made it as though those feathers were meant to represent feathers; as if it were a bird-lizard thing. It's actually an omnivore because I hid a tiny lizard mouth inside its bill. It gives it a cool sound.
Magmar turned out extremely well. It does register as Magmar, but as a real Magmar. That's pretty cool. I can easily see it in Tribe or even Space. I wonder what its 'language' would sound like...
Heh, its thumbnail link address has "magmariz0.png" as part of it. magmariz. and the Magmarizer evolves Magmar into Magmortar. heeeeee.

Dusknoir:
"The antenna on its head captures radio waves from the world of spirits that command it to take people there."
-Diamond/Pearl Pokédex

I had to wrestle with Dusknoir a little. Initially I had its liney 'mouth' actually be a mouth, but it made Dusknoir's belly write around like it had the flu or something. So I moved the hidden mouth all over the place, finally putting it under the arms. Dusknoir's belly still flexes strangely, but it's not obnoxious.
I really like how Dusknoir turned out.

and the coup de grace...
Porygon SCRAPPED

Porygon cannot and should not be made as a creature in Spore. *shudder* Look at that thing. *shudder shudder*

That's that for now. I don't know what'll happen between now and Friday, but we'll see. I want to try to make Magby at least. When I get Spore I want to make a celebratory Pokémon, but I don't know which one. We'll see.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 08:28:14 pm by JKalenad »

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower (16 new creatures as of 9-9-08, including Cacturne)
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2008, 09:27:56 am »
Wow. I have a huge update today. The biggest yet. my copy of Spore is likely to arrive tomorrow, so I'd better share these creatures I made.
I have four unique creatures, eleven Pokémon, and one other recreation I could've done a while ago, but wanted to do as well as possible.
Here we go.

Thekslye (THEHK-sleye):

I'll get these unique ones out the way first...
Not much to say about Thekslye except that it fits in Spore really well. I can totally imagine it in Tribe.
Thekslye is actually the first creature that would upload since Lickitung. Magmar and others wouldn't, but Thekslye did.

Coeverm (KOH-verm):

Coeverm really fits in Spore as well, specifically the Creature stage. Not much else to say.

Aderst (AH-derst):

I'm very proud of Aderst. It's a great Spore creature. I can imagine it reaching sentience, especially with that head of its. I like how that mohawk thing worked out. looks really natural.
I'd expect to see this fellow in Tribe at some point.

Wofrage (WOHF-rahj):

Wofrage looks like a combination of Clover and Besechi. Totally unintentional, of course. Its description says it's nearing sentience and I'd agree, but it seems like one of those "oh, look. a creature" creatures.
anyway...

Munchlax:

It's a taller-than-average Munchlax, but either way.
Interesting point here: I actually made Munchlax before Riolu, so it should've been included a while ago, but I totally forgot about it because I had forgotten to take pictures of it and it failed to upload like Magmar did, so it essentially got lost. Then I saw that it wasn't on Sporepedia, but was in my Creature Creator's Sporepedia. So it's actually the first creature of those that didn't upload due to complexity.
I said that creatures like Munchlax are Gaming Steve exclusives, but all of them have evolutions of some kind, so I simply commented a link to their .pngs by means of ImageShack. So it's more like People-Who-Look-At-The-Comments exclusive.
Funny thing: Munchlax is the only complexity upload failure that has its evolution uploaded, but not it. It's more complex than Snorlax, rather than the other way around.

Carnivine:

I didn't expect to make Carnivine because I didn't know if it would work out, especially with its root things. Turns out it did. really well, too. That mouth is the only one that looks remotely like Carnivine's mouth, so I went with it. It's fine.
There's a battle to imagine: Carnivine versus Victreebel.

Magby:

I sort of made Magby as a way to share Magmar, but also to spite Magmortar, because I wanted to make the entire Magmar Family, but I never liked how I made Magmortar. Might as well make most of the family, I guess. Really, Magby could be in Tribe too.

Totodile:

Totodile doesn't look much like itself from the front angle up there, but if you look at it from the side, I'd bet it'd look right. It uses the exact same color scheme as Feraligatr. At least I'm pretty sure it does. You know which other creature uses that color scheme?

Croconaw:

Croconaw is essentially a combination of Totodile and Feraligatr and the Spore version I made really accomplishes that well. I gave it Feraligatr's fin mohawk and Totodile's back spinities. rockin' cool.
It also seems like Croconaw goes through a growth spurt to get to Feraligatr. Then again, so does Bronzor.
Anyway...

Electrike:

Electrike's one of those forgotten Pokémon like Tauros or Sentret. Or Stantler. The "Wait, that's a Pokémon!?" effect. When I first saw Electrike in Ruby I realized I had never seen the Pokémon anywhere. Never heard of it or seen it. Kinda cool.
Electrike turned out pretty darn well. It may be constantly crouching, but it's built pretty low to the ground anyway, so that doesn't matter much.

Manectric:

Manectric's one of those words/names that I'm always thinking "Is that spelled right?"
Manectric turned out really well, surprisingly. I don't have much to say about it. It was fun; that's one thing.

Cacnea:

with Cacnea I basically mastered the hidden mouth effect. Its mouth is actually in the center of its body. that thing is not coming out anytime soon. I could've given Cacnea heycorns for legs, but I didn't see the point.
Actually, Cacnea didn't come first. I made it so I could more effectively share

Cacturne:

Cacturne's the most recent too-complex-for-upload creature.
I can really see it in Tribe with not much of a change from its present state. It has a hidden mouth too, as well as hidden graspers that sort of fold out when it strikes. pretty cool. I'm actually pretty proud of Cacturne, as I always am with my too-complex-for-upload creatures. So I'm always annoyed that they don't upload.

Flygon:

Another green creature! I'm not really happy with Flygon, but I realized that this is probably the closest to that bizarre Pokémon I could get. After all, it's based on an insect, so I might as well give it some insect flavor. It's fine. I doubt I could've done better, anyway.
You know what Flygon sort of reminds me of? The Bug-type's answer to

Charizard:

In honor of my 200th Sporepedia upload, I made the one Pokémon no one has ever made. [/sarcasm]
I made Blastoise and Charmeleon, so I figured I'd make Charizard, but try to do it obnoxiously accurately and realistically. I gave it lizard skin like Charmeleon and just went all out making sure it turned out to be awesome. and it is. huzzah.
It does look a lot like Flygon. They are not based on one another, I can assure you of that. I made them completely separate from one another. They just happen to look alike anyway and the Creature Creator squished them even closer together. unintentional.
Charizard turned out very well. It moves perfectly and even sounds like it should.

and the coup de grace...

The Jabberwock:

The Jabberwock. note the absence of a Y.
Jabberwocky is the poem.
Jabberwock is the monster.
Just to straighten that out. Kind of like Frankenstein is the scientist, Frankenstein's Monster is the....monster.
I've always wanted to make the Jabberwock for Spore, hoping it'd come in as an Epic. I held off on it because I wanted to make it dead-accurate to the illustration. The colors are what I've always imagined the Jabberwock's colors to be.
I think I accomplished my goal very well. I'm extremely happy with the Jabberwock's quality. It moves perfectly, and I gave it two mouths (one hidden inside the other) to make it an omnivore and to give it a distinctive roar. It's practically perfect in my eyes. I'm happy.

That'll be it until I get Spore. Expect more Pokémon and expect Pokémon in Tribe and Civilization and Space, and expect Pokémon buildings and vehicles. I'm not stopping with the Pokémon thing. Believe me.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 09:30:26 am by JKalenad »

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower [16 new creations as of 9-28-08, including Bronzong]
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2008, 12:25:58 pm »
Okay....almost 20 days since my last update (which came the day before I got Spore). I've been busy with classes and...Spore...
So, let's get this show on the road.

Torkoal (Factory):

I've made so many things for my playing Empires that I don't plan to share, unless I feel they were worthy of sharing.
I'll probably just share the stuff I made in editors from the menu from now on.
Anyway, about the Torkoal Factory. I obviously made it a factory so it could spew smoke. It was a real hassle making it, but it turned out very well.
Once I was done I thought that I'd might as well make

Torkoal:

I didn't make Torkoal with fake smoke for the same reason I left out Blaziken's wrist-fire. I didn't see the point. Torkoal moves a bit too quickly for a fire turtle, but at least it moves decently. I think it turned out really well.

Psyduck:

Psyduck's small enough that I can do that with the pictures.
Psyduck was one of, if not the first Pokémon I made once I actually had Spore. I figured it'd animate better in Spore for one and I wanted to finish up the Evolutionary line. Once again, I went for realism and functionality. Psyduck would have feathers. Golduck wouldn't; it swims too well. That's what I think, anyway.

Cylatardo:

Leaving the realm of Pokémon creatures with the first creature modified with the Creature Tweaker. The Cylatardo, modified by the Cylafah Empire. It's based on one of Maxis's straight-out-of-the-Cell creatures. Blatardo I think it was called. I made sure to make it at least resemble Blatardo while still making it a decent creature. I like how it turned out.

Togekiss (Spaceship):

Togekiss was rejected as a creature because I didn't feel like I could do it justice. I could try now, but I don't know if I'll make Togekiss as a creature.
Anyway, SC Togekiss here was one of the first (if not the first) non-creature Pokémon things I made. I made sure to make it look like a Spaceship based on Togekiss, rather than a replica of Togekiss. Certainly worked out.

Bronzong (Spaceship):

Another Pokémon as a spacecraft. I knew I couldn't possibly make Bronzong as a creature, even back when I had the Creature Creator. I left it in the cupboard until I could make it as a Spaceship. It was kind of tricky to get the wings right, but I got it in the end. Very happy with SC Bronzong.

Poké Ball (Colony Land):

This turned out very well. I actually almost gave it little drill propulsion or make it look like it was hovering, but I decided to just stick with a plain old Poké Ball. Not much else to say.

Master Ball (Spaceship)

I've wanted to make a Master Ball Spaceship for a while. I know I could've made it look more like a Master Ball if I mimicked the Poké Ball, but I really wanted it to look like a Spaceship, rather than a replica. It turned out really well, I think, even though it looks a bit awkward sometimes. Not really.

Pokémon Center:

I didn't take any in-game pictures of this one because that screenshot's basically what you get.
I wanted to make a Poké Mart and a Pokémon Gym, and I'm sure the Gym would be Entertainment, but that just leaves the Mart as a Factory. which makes little to no sense.

Latias (Military Air):

Latias and

Latios (Military Air):

have the same story. I didn't feel confident making them as creatures because of what I've seen of them. plus, they look durn good as jets. In Space I actually ran into a civilization with Latias as their air vehicles. Also, I ran into a star randomly named Latios. I have a colony there now. very happy.

Magnezone (Spaceship):

Another Pokémon as a Spaceship. Magnezone was actually the first Pokéship, and it deserves to be. At one point, it was the most common spaceship in my game. I encountered it in three different Empires. I'm really happy with it.

Feraligatr (Space):

I guess Feraligatr (but it's in Space!) didn't upload to Sporepedia, so I uploaded its .png to imageshack. Just as I promised; a Space-adapted Pokémon. Not much else. For some reason it looks like it's constantly dumbly smiling.

Registeel (Space):

Similarly and more comically to Feraligatr, here's Registeel in Space. Its armor is colored red because that's how it's colored. Gray, black, red. I actually shifted it to gray while outfitting, but I decided to jsut keep the original coloring (just like all my outfitted creatures)

Ho-oh:

I actually rejected Ho-oh initially because I felt that I couldn't do it justice. I never attempted it. I decided to try it because I saw that my 250th upload to Sporepedia was imminent. It turned out as well as any of my other Pokémon and I can really see it flying as an Epic. pretty cool.
Since Ho-oh was my 250th upload and it turned out really well, I figured I might as well try another one I had shied away from and tie another number:..

Celebi:

I made Celebi just as I've made any other Pokémon. Practically, realistically. It may not look as much like Celebi as it could, but it animates very well. Even when it flies. Heck, especially when it flies. I'm happy with it.

And, as a bit of a treat, I have the evolutionary lines of two of my Empires (one started in Tribe and the other had no member that uploaded to sporepedia), starting with

Evolution of Cylafah:

--From left to right:
Cylaf, Cylafa, Cylafab, Cylafac, Cylafae, Cylafaf, Cylafage, Cylafah,
Tribe, Space, Civilization--
The Cylafah (SIGH-lah-fah) Empire. My first game. Very happy with how everything in it turned out. It's also the furthest along. Very nice. There is no Cylafad apparently. my nomenclature got messed up somehow.

Evolution of Toissagh:

--From left to right:
Toissaa, Toissab, Toissac, Toissad, Toissae, Toissaf, Toissag, Toissagh,
Tribe, Space, Civilization--
The Toissagh (TWAH-sahjh, with hjh pronounced like the J in naranja.) or (TWAH-sahg)
My latest Empire. They just made it to Space. Unlike the Cylafah, who are peaceful herbivores, the Toissagh are sort of aggressive omnivores. Once they gained wings, I really liked how they walked because it looked like they were about to take-off gliding any moment, their step was so light.

That's that. Whew. I have plenty more to share, though, and plenty more I want to make.
Keep an eye out for a Lugia vehicle, as well as a Colony Sea Great Ball and a Colony Air Ultra Ball (as well as maybe Spaceship versions of every Pokéball ever, including Generation II Balls, to be released like the Unown or Kecleon; by request only), the Pokémon Gym, Poké Mart, and some more Cylafah and Toissagh stuff, like buildings and vehicles. Especially Toissagh. Their stuff is pretty cool.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 01:17:29 pm by JKalenad »