Author Topic: JKalenad Tower [16 new creations as of 9-28-08, including Bronzong]  (Read 37526 times)

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
    • The Official Randomness Productions Website
For some reason I was hesitant to start up one of these sharing topics, somewhat because most of my creatures are recreations...of Pokémon...

My sporepedia page: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/JKalenad

Anyway, here we go. In order of whichever images I edit first.

First up is Palkia.

Palkia was my first big achievement with regards to a recreation of a Pokémon. It textured perfectly and wasn't too complex. I'm very proud of this one.
8/26/08: So...I noticed that this Palkia is actually the Shiny coloring. I totally did not intend that at all. When I made this, I was using a little hologram thing as reference and I was inexperienced, so I ended up making Palkia have its alternate coloring without knowing it. Nothing I can do about that now, though.

Logically next is Dialga.

Dialga was too complex for the Creature Creator. There are four spikes missing. Actually twelve...sixteen, but I don't think the spikes on the feet count in this case. Dialga ended up testing the limit of the complexity meter. I had to wrestle with it to get the feet changed from paws to those feet. It's too bad because Dialga was always my favorite of the two.

Following after is Groudon.

Groudon was my most popular creation for a while. Apparently I'm spot on with it. It's slightly less complex than Palkia. That might be part of it. It doesn't have any weird shoulder pads or whatnot.

And Heatran.

Heatran's missing a toe on each foot because feet ca'n't be rotated. Other than that, this one's pretty accurate. I had to wrestle with different details and their colorings, like the kernel one; apparently it takes color very vividly. Originally Heatran's little head nub in the main plate and mouth nubs were that kernel, but it was colored brightly orange and black, making it look totally odd. Had to fix that.
I was inspired to make Heatran after someone commented on Groudon saying something like "Great, now I just need Darkrai and Heatran." I made Darkrai too; I'll post pictures of it soon.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 12:28:07 pm by JKalenad »

Pokémon are creatures too.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/VDlekjran
for the Kecleon, Poké Ball and Unown sets.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
Re: JKalenad Tower
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 10:39:16 am »
Speaking of Darkrai, here it be:

I made Darkrai partially because it was semi-requested, and partially because I wanted to see if it were possible. It was very possible. Almost unnervingly possible. Darkrai turned out eerily well; it even moves as if it's sort of a fog, using its "skirt" as a foot of sorts.

Metagross:

Metagross (I pronounce it Meh-tah-grawss. Meh-Tah-grohss doesn't sound like a good name.) was my first mildly complex Pokémon recreation. I made Weedle, but that was the first thing I ever made and Weedle's really simplistic. What's cool about Metagross is that it moves the way I'd imagine it would; left foreleg moving with right hindleg, right foreleg moving with left hindleg. Pretty cool.

Godzilla Tyranitar:

Tyranitar was way too simplistic I think. I don't feel quite happy with how it turned out, but that's what Tyranitar looks like. There it is. What I do is make them look as close as possible to the actual Pokémon while trying to make them sort of realistic.

Salamence:

Salamence is huge. 'nuff said. Its tail is supposed to be much longer, but there's an obvious limit on size. And it's in proportion too; I try to keep all my Pokémon in proportion. It can jump too, what with those feet. The wings sort of bug me, but that's just a limit of the Creator. I wasn't about to try to use fins; Salamence can fly. It's the whole point behind the Pokémon, so if I didn't give it real wings, Bagon would cry itself to sleep at night knowing its future.

That's it for now. I'll post these in four-creature updates. Next up will include Girafarig and maybe some brand new Pokémon, who knows.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:35:48 pm by JKalenad »

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 03:12:37 pm »
Good stuff, I'm making pokemon myself but I'm starting with the very first 151 :D
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 03:14:51 pm »
I love darkrai. but, salamance wings are completely off.

BTW: some guy called Mtobb stole and repainted it.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 11:05:04 am »
The only thing about Salamence is that its wings ca'n't really be recreated as wings. I take a few tiny liberties, trying to make the pokémon I recreate as close as possible to the actual pokémon, while making them function as true creatures in the game. A great example of this mentality of mine is the Regi-quartet I made. Registeel has a mouth because I had nowhere to hide one without looking stupid, Regice has feet, Regirock has an organic head and Regigigas has a huge head. I want to go back and somehow fiddle with Registeel and Regigigas to make them more true to their pokemon counterparts, but I don't think I'll be able to.

As for the stealing and recoloring, I expected that to happen. I don't see how they think that's okay. Did you say that they stole Salamence too? I went to their profile and I didn't see a Salamence, but I did see Palkia and Groudon. I don't quite know how to deal with that sort of stealing. I left comments on his profile about it and reported them, but there's not much else I can do. That really bugs me.

Anyway, I'll post pictures of my Regi-quartet eventually.

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 12:23:36 pm »
Nice, nothing wrong with remaking Pokemon.  I use to do that for other games.  I'll probubly remake a few once I have the full editor.

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 12:42:24 pm »
Yeah, Something I've always liked is the idea of Pokémon outside of their little rigid sprites. Something I'd love to see is a vast, 3D Pokémon game with all 493 pokémon available for capture. Not like Gale of Darkness; a normal Pokémon game as a 3D adventure game like Legend of Zelda.
Anyway, here we go.

My Regi-quartet.

First up is Registeel:

It's looking up, by the way. maybe at a bird-cloud

Already you see the difficulty I had with the Regi-'s. Registeel has nowhere to hide a mouth and I wasn't about to give it a bump somewhere it didn't need it and a mouth anywhere else would make it move strangely. So I thought how it would be in the actual game and I pictured it wandering around in a forest grazing. so I gave it an upside-down herbivore mouth. If you ignore the mouth, that's a darn good Registeel. Even the eyes are tinted red. This one turned out really well.

Regice:

Regice was tricky. I had to suck it up and go even more liberally than I had to with Registeel. Regice has feet and I could've made it without feet, but then it would move like a monopod. If anything it should float, so I gave in and gave it feet. Ignore the feet, and that's a dern good Regice.

Regirock:

This is actually and update of Regirock. I made one before, but it was missing the back spikes, so I removed that one from Sporepedia, fixed it, and re-uploaded it. Now I'm happy. Also because Regirock is the best Regi- that I've made, in my eyes. It moves perfectly, it punches perfectly. It turned out beautifully. Except for the forgetting of back spikes. That was because it broke the complexity meter like Dialga did. Yay.

Regigigas:

Regigigas turned out pretty well. As well as it could. The form is practically impossible to recreate and it too broke the complexity meter, so I had to do away with its wrist bracelet things. Its head to too big, but it's just the right size for those eyes. Nothing I can fix with Regigigas. It walks really well; sort of trudges around. Its mouths are hidden pretty well. This is actually the first creature I used Jellybuttons on.

That's it for now, next post will definitely contain Girafarig and Giratina, as well as two others (probably Sableye as one). I apparently post in fours.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:40:53 pm by JKalenad »

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 03:09:37 pm »
Here's another group, starting with one of my first Pokémon recreations,
Sableye:

Sableye is, I think, my best small creature. It has a realistic, decent walking gait that fits the pokémon perfectly; it ends up looking like is scurrying, and that's very fitting.
I could have hidden mouths behind the gem eyes, but I saw a picture of Sableye in the anime and it had a fairly wide grin, so I figured I might as well give it a mouth and allow it to function realistically in Spore. It worked out pretty well.

Girafarig:

I think I made Girafarig for the sole purpose of "That would look cool in Spore!" Girafarig's normal texture is impossible to recreate in Spore as far as I know, so I just settled for something a little more realistic. Originally the tail mouth was on a limb, but it made it move really ridiculously, so I changed it to actual spine. It still moves strangely, but not as strangely.

Giratina:

Giratina broke the complexity meter, just like its cousin Dialga did. It's also impossible to texture Giratina in its Another Forme properly, because it consists of four colors: gray, black, red, and yellow. I just did what I did with Dialga and let go of some detail. I think Giratina turned out as well as it could have, although its feet invariably clip through one another when it walks. There's nothing I can do about that. Its 'wings' are also impossible to recreate and I wanted Giratina to actually have wings. The Bat/Dragon wings worked fine because they're spikey in places, which is perfect for Giratina.
I was thinking of making Giratina's Origin Forme, but I didn't see the point.

Blaziken:

Fresh out of the oven comes Blaziken, the Fighting/Fire Blaze Pokémon. I've always wanted to make Blaziken and I did finally. I don't know why I put it off. Blaziken turned out very, very well; it lends itself well to Spore. It didn't even break the complexity meter. What's cool is that Blaziken sort of moves like a bird would, lifting its legs up a bit higher than necessary. Only thing is I don't know if this is the shiny coloring or what; they're so similar. I tried to replicate the normal coloring as well as I could, so I'll say that this is the normal coloring. I didn't put in wrist flames because why would Blaziken waste its energy with them constantly burning?

That's it for now. I'm making more Pokémon, of course. I'm actually even making all 28 Unown, but only as I catch them in Pokémon Diamond. I wo'n't release them to Sporepedia because Unown isn't one of the most interesting Pokémon out there. I'm just making them because they'd be cool to see in Spore.
The next set will include Wooper and three brand new Pokémon. Don't know who yet. Maybe Machamp. We'll see.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:48:31 pm by JKalenad »

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 03:21:26 pm »
Kyogra please, he is the most Badass pokemon of them all next to Mewtwo.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 02:18:12 pm »
I have a new group of four here, and only one was made a while ago, two were made yesterday, and one was just made.
First up is

Wooper:

Wooper was one of the first Pokémon recreations I made. I think it was the third, but I'm not sure. Wooper's actually my favorite pokémon and has been ever since I first saw it in Pokémon Gold. I actually drew a picture of it on my wall when I was a kid. It's still there too.
This recreation turned out pretty well I think. I was obnoxiously amused by it when I tested it, because it moves rather hilariously. The only think wrong with it I think is the fact that when it smiles its eyes are engulfed. Nothing I can do about that though.

Machamp:

I've always wanted to make Machamp in Spore simply because it has four arms and no one's ever really seen its back. Machamp turned out perfectly. Its coloring may be a bit dark, but that's it. no problems here, at least not in my eyes.

Machoke:

Machoke is actually derived from the Machamp recreation I made. I removed the third and fourth arms and made it shorter and changed the head and feet and texturing, et viola! Machoke.
Something about it doesn't sit quite well with me. maybe its arms are to lumpy or it's too wide or something. I don't really know. I don't really care. I only partially wanted to make Machoke.
I also made Machop, but I forgot the tail, so I replaced it, but it became unreadable, so I deleted it and decided I don't care enough to make a Machop anyway. Besides, I ca'n't make Machop's head look good in Spore.

Kecleon:

I was not expecting to make Kecleon, but I just did, maybe fifteen minutes ago. It turned out surprisingly well, though it ca'n't be textured properly. I was waffling between using this mouth and Machamp's mouth, and I obviously ultimately decided on this one because I saw it as the more fitting.

That's it for now. I tried to make Kyogre, but I kept looking at what I made and saying "Eww. That looks nothing like it." I would like to make Kyogre, but I think I'd rather wait until there's some sort of Marine Life expansion or something.
I'll post another group eventually and there's a strong chance that Banette will be in it. All four will be brand new too.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:52:07 pm by JKalenad »

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 10:24:43 pm »
Here we go with the next group of Pokémon, all of whom have been made rather recently.
first up is

Golem:

I've always wanted to make Golem and I've also always wanted to have it in my actual Pokémon game, though I've never had anyone with whom to trade a Graveler in order to get one. Ah, well.
Anyway, I made Golem without knowing there was one of near equal quality already on Sporepedia, made by someone who obviously looked at a picture as well, as their Golem had 'stones' in all the right places. I used a picture as reference, as I always do, and filled in the spaces with other 'stones', including the lower back, which is a huge space in any Golem, because you don't see it in a normal sprite picture. At any rate, Golem turned out very, very well. It walks perfectly and none of the stones shift around and there's no wiggling spine or anything. Perfect.
July 18th: Also, I'd be interested to see a tribe of these fellows.

Armaldo:

Armaldo's also a Pokémon I've always wanted to recreate and to have (always being since I knew about Diamond's roster) and once I get the National Pokédex, I'll be able to get one. huzzah.
Anyway, Armaldo was a bit more in depth because its back actually has detail. It turned out really well too. I originally used eye-stalks for its eyes, but I looked at them and those in the picture and said to myself, "Self, those are not Armaldo's eyes." So I changed them to something that actually screams Armaldo. I look at the reference picture and at the recreation and I'm like, "wow. cool. It had Armaldo's face."
Okay, I'm rambling...

Exeggutor:

It's the Pokémon no one cares about! Exeggutor! Actually, people care about it more than they do about Kecleon...or Voltorb maybe. Then again, there are five times as many Voltorbs on Sporepedia than there are Kecleons. I'm rambling again.
I was not expecting to make Exeggutor, either. It came out of the blue when I was looking thorough Global Trade Station Plus's Image Gallery for ideas for other Pokémon to recreate (incidentally, I'm amazed at how may Pokémon seem to be supported by Mystery Dungeon 2. All 28 Unown are.) It's heads are a bit of 'recreator's license', but they're the best heads for the job. All in all, Exeggutor turned out really well. It's something I wouldn't be surprised to see in Spore.

Rampardos:

Rampardos was a bit tricky. I originally wanted to make Cranidos and actually started, but stopped because I was too tired to not try to make it perfect. When my Cranidos evolved in Pokémon Diamond today I saw Rampardos and thought, "I should try to make that." I did. Pretty well, too. The only problem is that its 'hat' wiggles when it walks. nothing I can do about that. I don't know why it wiggles, it just does. ah, well. Rampardos turned out really well. It's sort of difficult to know its true posture because its back sprite has one that's different from its front sprite. Either way, it worked out really well.

And a bonus creature, not from Pokémon, but still a recreation, I give you
Case Designate Cloverfield (aka "Clover"):

Clover's a lot bigger than that, I know, but I go for proportion, not size. I could've made Clover as big as the editor would've allowed, but his proportions would suffer. Size matters not in this case. I used a fish mouth because it looked most like Clover's actual mouth than any other mouth did in my eyes. I also had to take a few liberties, what with his feet and head-lungs (they ca'n't be represented any other way).

That's it for now. Next group might include Mewtwo maybe, and definitely Banette this time, and possibly one of the Hitmon series, and Pachirisu perhaps. No promises though. Banette's the only one that'll definitely be there. Once I finish my Unown series, I'll compile them into one picture and show them off as a bonus, like Clover.

Hey, pointless thing here: I just saw the view count of this topic to be 151. pretty funny that. It's probably 152 now, but who knows.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:58:27 pm by JKalenad »

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 12:59:16 pm »
And here's the next batch of Pokémon. I actually have eight to display, but I'll split it into two posts.
First up is Banette, as promised:

Banette was one of my most popular creations for a time, and I think it turned out really well. I pulled a Darkrai with regards to its twirly bit at the end of its head tail. I love how its texture came out; it makes it actually look like a puppet. Not much else to say about Banette except that it doesn't like being photographed.

Next is Elekid:

Elekid is the first of all three Electabuzz evolutions I recreated. I took a few liberties with Elekid, but it ends up looking enough like Elekid that I'm fine with it. There it is. It's a little chubby, but that's what it'll be.

Then comes Electabuzz, once Elekid reaches level 30:

The only thing wrong with Electabuzz is that its head is to thin, but that's the widest it'll get without making its mouth look ridiculous. Other than its face, Electabuzz is pretty perfect in my eyes. I've always wanted to make Electabuzz for Spore and I have. Funny thing: Electabuzz is rated with a red angry face on Sporepedia. It was rated that right after I uploaded it. It's the best one on there, so I guess someone was going to make one and said, "hey! That one's better than mine!" or something. Ah, well.

Electivire:

This was the first Electivire on Sporepedia and as of now it's the only Electivire on Sporepedia. No one else has made one yet. I took a tiny liberty with Electivire with its texturing, because its tails ca'n't be colored black like they're supposed to be. I just take what I can get. Turned out pretty well.

Next post will have four more, as well as a bonus picture.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 03:06:34 pm by JKalenad »

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008, 01:19:21 pm »
Nice stuff there. I really liked your Cloverfield. Blows mine right out of the water...
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2008, 01:21:01 pm »
Wow, all good =D
Golem is the best, imo, but that's only because I hate 99% of the pokemon after 151...

That beign said, that Groudon is pretty darn snazzy...

Offline K3rnan

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2008, 01:26:20 pm »
I can't really say I know any pokemon, however, you have a real talent.. I really liked Electivire and golem is cool too  ;D
Please check out my Spore profile or visit my YouTube channel!