Author Topic: K3rnans Krazy Kreature Kollection  (Read 11701 times)

Offline K3rnan

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Creatures and Beasties from K3rnan
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 12:35:06 pm »
Yup, Naturs was a real disappointment when I tried him in test drive... he's just for show now  :(
Please check out my Spore profile or visit my YouTube channel!

Offline K3rnan

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 06:37:57 am »
Well there I was looking at my youtube page and I noticed that views on my HeliDevil vid had gone from about 90 to over 900 in one day! :o  So I did a google on HeliDevil and found it had been voted as one of the 'Ten Most Creative Monsters'.

I actually feel really bad that it has been included.  It only took ten minutes to make and when I see how much effort people have put into creatures that are easily ten times better in both usability within the game and realism...  Argh!  I suppose I should feel happy but I wish it had been any of my other creatures and not that lame vehicle creature  :-[

Quote from: OpDDay2001 says:
June 28th, 2008 at 1:45 pm
Creative recreations, yes. Overall most creative? No. Afraid not. There are some really creative originals out there, and yet people are fascinated with recreations that don't animate well or work well. Please do a Ten Most Creative Original Creatures category.

I agree totally OpDDay2001!

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 07:15:56 am »
It's still awesome that TWO GamingSteve-rs made it into that list. The Jar Jar Binks in #2 was done by someone here as well.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline K3rnan

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2008, 07:24:13 am »
Sure, but if you pick apart HeliDevil in CC you realise how uncreative it is... and when you see so many of these creatures getting selected as 'Featured Content' it bugs me!  Especially when people are putting great effort into creating much better realistic creatures.

I'm sure this all sounds a little ungrateful but you all know what I mean.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 01:36:09 pm by K3rnan »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2008, 07:31:35 am »
Well there I was looking at my youtube page and I noticed that views on my HeliDevil vid had gone from about 90 to over 900 in one day! :o  So I did a google on HeliDevil and found it had been voted as one of the 'Ten Most Creative Monsters'.

No offense but that's a horrible list. All they are doing is picking things people already recognize.

Offline K3rnan

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2008, 10:04:39 am »

Quote from: Hydromancerx on Today at 15:31:35
No offense but that's a horrible list. All they are doing is picking things people already recognize.

No offence taken, it is a terrible list.

P.S. New creatures added to OP.  WARNING:  Some of the new creatures are quite... er very bad!  That'll teach me to make creatures whilst drunk ;D

Offline K3rnan

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2008, 02:12:08 pm »
I have been trying rather unsuccessfully of late to create some non cute creatures.  Just like a lot of other people mine always come out looking cute or in my case just dumb.  I am fairly certain that my latest creature however does not look cute.  See what you think...

Name: Natrewata
Sporepedia Description: "So powerful is the bite of the Natrewata that just a small bite will cause grievous injury's to any unfortunate victim.  If one bite does not kill instantly their saliva is packed with so much deadly bacteria that death is almost assured within hours."

I will usually have a couple of things which annoy me about a creature but with this one I feel that everything is just right.  The colours look best in the CC with the black background imo.

As usual let me know what you think.

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2008, 02:16:31 pm »
Oh, I really like this guy! I love bugs, and he's just a cool shape.
"Ooh rabba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"

Offline K3rnan

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2008, 02:18:31 pm »
To be fair the shape happened by accident but I'm not complaining  ;D

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2008, 02:20:15 pm »
Cool creature. Looks amazing.

I don't get it, though. I mean the whole "I can't help but make cute creatures" thing. I feel that a majority of my creatures aren't cute, and I make them with little effort. In fact I usually have to TRY to make a cute creature. Perhaps I'm just misunderstanding, or maybe it's just that my personal tastes and opinions differ.

Can you provide examples of creatures that came out "too cute"? If they are indeed to cute, I could perhaps tweak them and show you how'd I'd change it.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline K3rnan

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2008, 02:31:25 pm »
I suppose a more accurate way of saying what I meant would have been to say that I try to make creatures that look menacing in a 'Alien' kind of way but they never look that menacing to me.  It could just be however that I am over critical of my own creatures.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2008, 02:46:20 pm »
I suppose a more accurate way of saying what I meant would have been to say that I try to make creatures that look menacing in a 'Alien' kind of way but they never look that menacing to me.  It could just be however that I am over critical of my own creatures.

That's possible. Menacing is hard, non-cute is not. There's a distinction. Making a creature that looks overtly menacing and mean, while still trying to maintain a certain look about it is certainly hard. Especially if you're dead set on a particular set of eyes. The eyes do wonders for general setting the general disposition of creatures. We should really have at least a half dozen more eyes, with a create array of morphable parts.

Offline K3rnan

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2008, 11:01:44 am »
A little update...

Caynathae                           Deryxes                                 Natrewata                            Dalmorek

Cheandu                                   Arcussie                                  Yavistong

A mixture of creatures, some just plain silly while others I am happy with.  Dalmorek and Yavistong being my personal favourites.  Cheandu was my attempt at a low complexity herbivore.

Offline K3rnan

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 12:57:01 pm »
My latest offering with a few pictures too...

Roebiray

Please leave comments if you like it ;D

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2008, 01:25:59 pm »
Nice, both the ribs and upper scales are well done indeed.