Author Topic: How parts and stats work OR How to create powerful creatures with weaker parts.  (Read 5235 times)

Offline Len84

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
So, therefore, we are capable of making creature purely for aesthetics, if we think a "weaker" part looks better than a "stronger" part. We just have to get creative!
You can make a creature purely for aesthetics anyway. The game loads up creatures appropriate to you creature's strength level.

Yeah I was gonna say, once said by a character "Life will find a way."

I made a small, one legged herbivore with a wee bit of armor and stealth. I can't wait to see how it survives against its antithesis. A small one legged carnivore, no defence, no stealth, poison shot (see my avatar hehe).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 11:16:19 am by Len84 »

Offline skewedjester

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • The Book of Jester holds the truth...usually.
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile

I made a small, one legged herbivore with a wee bit of armor and stealth. I can't wait to see how it survives against its antithesis. A small one legged carnivore, no defence, no stealth, poison shot (see my avatar hehe).

Hey, pogo mouse. Cool!

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
I think the stats max out at +5 each so really it isn't that hard to cap even with simple parts.

Offline Len84

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile

Hey, pogo mouse. Cool!

Damn, good name for it (it animates brilliantly too)! I just made up a name haha. Ahh i'm crap with names :(
It looks like loads of people are making large animals, so i'm trying to make a load of small ones.

I hope that at later stages of evolution, your stats increase. Even if its marginal.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 11:32:40 am by Len84 »

Offline keithn

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
Here are the best stats cramming in various directions I've been able to get out of the trial version:

Social:                    Attack:

For attack, I chose sneak level 5 over the final level of spit, because I was merely assuming that the sneak level 5 bonus to attack with 19 attack is better than sneak level 3 with the final level of spit.  I have no idea which one is better, though, really.

Spit is really a complexity hog.  Maybe that's part of its cost, because it's extra nice having a ranged attack?  Hmm...

More generally, it's interesting that, in the trial version at least, if you want to specialize in attack to the extremes, you have to forego alot of bundled points.  Is that to offset the faster acting nature of attacking versus socializing?  Hmm...

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
I am willing to bet theres a lot of back ground stats that you can not see too.

Offline Orly

• Mystery House Madman
  • Read This Post, its probably annoying!
    • View Profile
i just make a few creatures meant to be the more powerful ones. some are so-so, and some are literally just fodder. (i.e., the Fodderfern)