Author Topic: Gaming Steve Featured Content  (Read 27533 times)

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Steve Featured Content
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2008, 04:36:32 am »
ChaoticCreature, that's amazing O.o love the ribs/use of details =D

Offline Anisi

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2008, 04:56:32 am »
More very awesome creatures from GS. Well done on the creature feature!

Offline WeatherMAN

• Sea Battler
  • ^ He's rocking out ^
    • View Profile
    • My Spore Creations!
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2008, 11:23:14 am »
*sucks thumb*

I just wish one single of my creatures were featured. But nobody loves me...

Parkaboy... guess what? THEY DO LOVE YOU!

Sennezantine - is featured!

CONGRADS MAN!

... now its my turn to suck my thumb :'(
Visit: My Spore Creations | My Sporepedia Profile
...Please Comment & Vote Them Up! Their may be cookies involved...
OK... so there aren't any cookies... do it because I have an undying need to get approval from people I've never me

Offline K3rnan

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2008, 11:29:36 am »
Congratulations Parkaboy!  I had a feeling you would get noticed ;)  You have been creating some awesome creatures.
Please check out my Spore profile or visit my YouTube channel!

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2008, 11:48:26 am »
Congratulations Parkaboy!  I had a feeling you would get noticed ;)  You have been creating some awesome creatures.

Totally deserved the spotlight, imo! Grats Parkaboy!
"Ooh rabba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"

Offline Parkaboy

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2008, 02:10:20 pm »
I WAS FEATURED!

Oh, this is the happiest day of my life! I would like to thank the Academy, my parents and the guys at the gamingsteve forum who alwas supported me through my career... *sniff*

;D
Thanks, guys. I'm really happy!

Offline AhavoRaboTaco

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2008, 02:14:15 pm »
LOL I told you 2 days ago you were going to get featured.

Offline Parkaboy

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2008, 02:41:52 pm »
I shall never doubt you again, sir!

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2008, 03:38:24 pm »
I'm also really sorry I haven't got featured. Uh, yeah, these are real tears people.  :P

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2008, 03:41:25 pm »
You think maybe if I whine about it they'll feature me too?

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2008, 04:27:52 pm »
Jeez. I'll never get featured at this rate. Maybe it's cause my stuff is crap? Even my good stuff is bad.. :( My top 3 creatures are recreations. Krang is 1st (Damn TMNT fanatics :P). TIE Fighter is 2nd (which is now the second [by now perhaps 3rd] best TIE Fighter on the 'Pedia). Brown Rat is 3rd, and that's based off of Ratiega (with all mentions to Jaleho).
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Anisi

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2008, 06:57:01 pm »
I shall never doubt you again, sir!

Haha now look what you started, everyone is whining, trying to get a feature!
But congrats, yours was really deserved. That creature is awesome!

Offline WeatherMAN

• Sea Battler
  • ^ He's rocking out ^
    • View Profile
    • My Spore Creations!
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2008, 07:15:53 pm »
Jeez. I'll never get featured at this rate. Maybe it's cause my stuff is crap? Even my good stuff is bad.. :( My top 3 creatures are recreations. Krang is 1st (Damn TMNT fanatics :P). TIE Fighter is 2nd (which is now the second [by now perhaps 3rd] best TIE Fighter on the 'Pedia). Brown Rat is 3rd, and that's based off of Ratiega (with all mentions to Jaleho).

I happen to quite enjoy your stuff Op... I extremely doubt I will ever be featured either, but I think it speaks less about my creatures and more about the number of good creatures created by everyone... which means my game will have great creatures from others to discover... and there is just no way Maxis can feature every creature that is great... heck, some creatures I or others made I thought were brilliant are near the bottom of popularity and some I thought were crap are popular... I am very happy with my creatures and that is all that matters, I try to make them all viable if they were 'real' and try my best that they animate properly and look good... so I am proud of them... and if a few other people love them, all the better... if not.. well they are missing out  ;)
Visit: My Spore Creations | My Sporepedia Profile
...Please Comment & Vote Them Up! Their may be cookies involved...
OK... so there aren't any cookies... do it because I have an undying need to get approval from people I've never me

Offline HarvesteR

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2008, 07:26:01 pm »
well i've been kinda hoping that i would get featured one of these days... but i had the handicap of only having the trial version...

now i got the full CC... let's see if i get noticed now... i don't think my creatures are complete garbage....

i just hope maxis will eventually stop featuring those novelty creations such as the whack-a-mole creature, and start paying more attention to creatures that could actually improve the game experience... or at least move about without getting torn in half :P

Cheers

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2008, 07:54:47 pm »
I happen to quite enjoy your stuff Op... I extremely doubt I will ever be featured either, but I think it speaks less about my creatures and more about the number of good creatures created by everyone... which means my game will have great creatures from others to discover... and there is just no way Maxis can feature every creature that is great... heck, some creatures I or others made I thought were brilliant are near the bottom of popularity and some I thought were crap are popular... I am very happy with my creatures and that is all that matters, I try to make them all viable if they were 'real' and try my best that they animate properly and look good... so I am proud of them... and if a few other people love them, all the better... if not.. well they are missing out  ;)

Then why've you not commented me? Huh? HUH? HUH?! :P Honestly though, some of my stuff is really quite average, however that's because I'm trying to create average stuff. "Realistic" or "believable" stuff. That unfortunately limits my creativity and means my work doesn't stand out as much. That leaves the recreations to get all the attention. I mean Sovickle started as a joke, it was actually my most popular creature for a while. Capiteagle was part of the Sovickle joke and is now fairing far better in my creature Ratings. I consider both of those to be excellent creatures, for being jokes. I don't know how I'd feel about them in my game because they'd be out of their element. I do love how the urshanka came out on Sovickle and I just generally love the realistic look (minus the colors, which I at one point had accurately set to a Bald Eagle look) of Capiteagle.

Edit: At some point I lost track of what I wanted to say. I think it was that, generally I consider my work average but I do enjoy it. I just wish it got featured so my hard work would get recognized. I spend a lot, sometimes hours, of time on getting a creature to move or animate right. Getting something to look a certain way is easy. I usually have the final "design" of my creature within 5-10 minutes. It's getting all the parts to work like I want them to, getting it to move an animate in a not so awkward manner, and just generally working out a lot of kinks. For example, Shiroobbit (another one of my insanely popular creatures) animates FANTASTICALLY. I'm particularly proud of how the Scared animation (I suggest you load up the creature and look at that animation) came out. It looks, at first glance, relatively standard though. So the reason why my stuff will never be featured is because it's impossible for Maxis/EA/Web Support/Whoever does that stuff to download every good or decent creature just to see how they move and animate.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 07:59:50 pm by OpDDay2001 »
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley