Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
Re: Girls
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 10:36:03 pm »
There are no girls on the internet.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 10:39:57 pm »
Well there are, they're all just....in pr0n.

Offline raikitsune

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Ogbogistahni
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 11:56:37 pm »
Well there are, they're all just....in pr0n.

no. Look closer, there are no girls on teh interlulz

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 12:06:07 am »
My sister likes it almost more than me.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 12:18:38 am »
Spore is supposed to appeal to a wider audience. It was designed to do so.
Part of its androgenous success is due to the way it works. The editor provides hours of creative fun. No T or M content neccessary. It has no real "male" bias like, say, most FPS or SW games have (Its true - FPS games and SW Games, with the exception of lego SW, target males in their advertising. That doesn't mean girls don't like video games. its all a matter of personal preference. Its a cultural myth that all girls dislike video games).

BTW; my younger sister played the editor. Normally she just pretends to not like anything that has anything to do with me. When I finally got her to try it, she was hooked. The moral? The fun-ocity of Spore is impossible to resist. ;D
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline Flak

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
    • The Spore Zoo and Creature Cave
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 01:36:40 am »
I'm a girl and I HATE the sims. (I hate pink too) UT3 and COD4 are the only games I play. I play at least 4 hours a day. I have been playing shooters for almost 10 years.

Never a good idea to generalize. ;)

Offline Zamaza

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Daydreaming at Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 01:41:19 am »
I'm a girl and I HATE the sims. (I hate pink too) UT3 and COD4 are the only games I play. I play at least 4 hours a day. I have been playing shooters for almost 10 years.

Never a good idea to generalize. ;)

QFT

Offline Blulightning

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Radioactive Kitty!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 01:57:02 am »
Hahahaha... you guys are so funny, making it sound like girls really exist and stuff.
Good one.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 01:58:31 am »
I like... girlsssss

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 02:03:50 am »
lol and i'm a guy and I get plain bored with css, quake deathmatch or antyhing that's just snipe, shoot, and get efficient at killing with guns.

When I saw Crysis warhammer I went like... pff all they show is explosions: where's the story, cause that's what got me a bit interested in crysis because it's "with aliens", but I havn't touched the game in 6 months.

I play portal, trackmania, and sometimes even UT or i used to play tribes 2 because they are versatile, I was always bringing people back and forth across camps with vehicles, if you can do different things than shooting in a shooter, i tend to like it more.

My reaction to girls playing spore and sims is not so surprised, it's about art, creation, and spore really homes in on that aspect. I'm more amazed by women acting all bad-ass about css and quakewars :P
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 02:08:15 am by CosmicD »

Offline Zamaza

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Daydreaming at Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 02:05:11 am »
Hahahaha... you guys are so funny, making it sound like girls really exist and stuff.
Good one.

I heard they have bewbs and smell like flowers.

But flowers and "outside things" don't exist either. It's a lie.

The pie is real.

Offline Harvestfreak

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Just Flying By
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 02:09:32 am »
Tribes 2 was the awesome, but Tribes was still and the greatest ever.

Me and my friend got so good at flying the scouts, we would go into rooms, and just piss people off.

On Topic.
Everything you know is wrong, black is white, up is down, short is tall, and Girls do not exist, they are ALIENS! They come for our SOULS!..Our SOULS!...

And Our Money!

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 03:20:33 am »
I never got to play Tribes, it looked like an awsome game. But i never even saw it in stores. I wonder if I can download it somewhere.

Offline W8-4Spore

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008, 10:06:42 am »
Well... not a single one of my friends (mostly girls) don't like playing guitar hero, rockband, pretty much any wii game, spore, or sims with me.... and i'd say a good number of them own other games themselves, like virtua fighter and stuff like that. And of course a couple of them even spent hours a day on WoW... and a few with Diablo. I don't see why everyone things gaming is just a guy thing, because its not anymore. personally i know more girls that play video games than guys.
There will be a serious problem with school when Spore comes out...

My tag for Sporepedia is Randios, please check out my creatures and give me constructive feedback/criticism! User name is Randios187, tag is Randios. Thanks!

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008, 11:37:45 am »
Where I grew up more girls played games and owned systems than boys in the same age group.  This girls don't play games is really a more recent thing and I'm not entirely sure where it came from, maybe the fact that girls aren't as loude about the fact that they play games?