Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's Things  (Read 4315 times)

Offline penguinofhonor

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
Penguinofhonor's Things
« on: June 19, 2008, 05:47:53 pm »
Hey, everyone. None of you probably remember me, but I used to come to these forums a long time ago. Like, a really long time ago.

But I've come back. Because these are the only best Spore forums I've ever come to.

Me on Sporepedia

My first creature, the Caesar (named because of the half circle of leaves around its neck), was an attempt at the Pokémon Tropius, but I have no talent at imitating Pokémon so I kinda made it my own creature.

Bigger Picture
It's my favorite creature now, and I made a few spin-off versions. I hated all of them except the Imperial Caesar:

Bigger Picture
It's more insectoid, and when I made it I was trying to make something that was as tall as possible. I soon learned that making something really tall messed with the camera, and I didn't even reach the height limit with it.

Bigger Picture
Then I made the Chibor, deciding to make something as small as possible, but still looking neat.
It's pretty weak, but it's also one of my favorites.
I'll get more up soon. There are a large variety of Chibor, just because I love creating more of the little things.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 07:01:49 pm by penguinofhonor »

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Things
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 08:40:20 pm »
i like the Chibor, its simple, but it look cool ;D
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline penguinofhonor

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 06:42:49 pm »

Bigger Picture
The Clawed Chibor is a version of the Chibor with a crab claw instead of a spike.

Bigger Picture
The Armed Chibor takes it a step further with a crab claw and four arms.

Bigger Picture
YouTube video
The Meduspik is a creature with several branching arms and one eye. On the end of each arm is a spiked ball.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 11:30:50 am by penguinofhonor »

Offline penguinofhonor

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 10:57:57 am »

Bigger Picture
YouTube Video
The Caesar Chibor. This was the first creature I made that was a creature imitating another creature. It's brighter colored than the Caesar because Chibors tend to be brightly colored because they like attracting attention to themselves and being eaten or something. They are bite-sized.

Bigger Picture
Youtube Video
The Scopenta is a 5-legged scorpion thing that shoots poison out of its tail. It was going to have a hand there (ŕ la the Willosaurus) but I didn't feel like going through the hard work of adding a limb there because I'm incredibly lazy.

Bigger Picture
So, I decided to make a new variety of Caesar, and make it as tall as possible. Hence, the Colossus Caesar. I hit the height limit once, but it's not at the height limit now because I lowered its head just a little so it didn't look like it was perpetually looking at the sky.

Bigger Picture
YouTube Video
It's the Triple Chibor, inspired by all the multiple creature things that are everywhere. I decided to go with the simplest creature possible to do it with, and this came out. The "leg" Chibors are missing their spikes because they animated horribly.
The version on Sporepedia is different than the one in the bigger picture and the video because I fixed its spike to be closer to the original Chibor's spike. That's the only difference.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 05:27:21 pm by penguinofhonor »

Offline penguinofhonor

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 07:56:41 pm »

Bigger Picture
Man, I really like these multi-creatures. They're awesome. The Beeswarm is a pack of six bees. They were each going to have a mouth and a some antennae, but I hit maximum complexity and could only put on one mouth, which is now the only thing on the central body. The mouth was on the front, but it's on the top now because when it was on the front, it made the creature look around with only its front two bees. Now all the bees move around when it looks around.

Bigger Picture
The Frocodile is a distant relative of the Chibor. It's a mixture of a frog, a crocodile, a crab, and a snail.

Bigger Picture
The Camo Chibor was an idea to create a little bush thing that was more plant-like than a Caesar (although Caesars still have 5 sneak, they don't look so much like trees). I also gave it some of those dash leaves.

Bigger Picture
The exploding Chibor was inspired by something, but I can't remember what. It was someone's sneaky creature that had a lot of spitting things all over it. The Exploding Chibor isn't as sneaky as the Camo Chibor, but it is more powerful.

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
  • I'm actually a pretty optimistic guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 11:32:36 pm »
Dude your awesome! I love your multi creatures, and yes, they are so much fun to make.
Quote from: Quantum Burrito
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.
We'll hold that against you until you leave these forums you know :P

Offline Absinth

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Check out my creatures on the sporepedia
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 02:25:06 am »
Cool creatures, you did a good job on them!
Spore has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men.

My sporepedia page
My gamingsteve creature page

Offline penguinofhonor

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 12:02:01 pm »
This post refuses to display stuff properly. I have no clue why.
There should be four creatures, each with a picture and a link to a bigger picture, but I only see two creatures without small pictures.

Bigger Picture
The Mosleg is also my submission to the current Creature Creation Challenge (Sentient Plants). It was kind of based on the Twinworm. The same idea, at least. It walks just like I want the Twinworm to walk, though. Each of its eight feet act as an individual foot, instead of each group of feet acting as a single foot.

Bigger Picture
The Chibor Rinnur is a species of Rinnur that has evolved to look like a Chibor. I haven't the slightest idea why something would want to mimic a weak little Chibor, but it did.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 12:11:40 pm by penguinofhonor »

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 12:24:48 pm »
I like your Caesar, it's like an improved Tropius. =)  All of your designs are very nice, I love all the suction cup feet!
"Ooh rabba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"

Offline penguinofhonor

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 01:50:57 pm »
I still don't understand what's wrong with my post there. It refuses to display any of the pictures from the Sporepedia, even when I host them on Imageshack. It refuses to display half the text from the post, even when I move the text around or try to put it in another post. Can anyone else see the entire post? This is really bugging me.

Offline penguinofhonor

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 08:31:14 pm »
So after an absence, I'm back. I don't have Spore, but I still have the full editor and I plan to use it. So I have some Halloween-themed creatures. I hope other people participate in the Halloween contest.

Also, it seems that the Sporepedia has abandoned the use of small pictures for some reason. Are the creatures embedded in the big thumbnails too? I hope so.

So I thought of making a Jack-O-Lantern, but I didn't know how I would make the mouth and I don't like the all-black eyes. So I made a Chibor-pumpkin.

I thought this would be an improvement on the regular Pumpkin Chibor because I thought that it was too plain. And it would be much better if it didn't animate absolutely awfully. You can even see in the thumbnail that something is happening to the back-left pumpkin. I like it as long as it's not moving, so I'm keeping it.