Author Topic: Spore  (Read 12148 times)

Offline Vandilyn

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
Spore
« on: March 16, 2005, 06:17:48 am »
I am extremely interested in anything created by Will Wright, as I think the man is a genious... a bit eccentric, but a genious.

I am intrigued by the way the game seems to allow the player more and more freedom, rather than less, like so many "conquer the universe" type games do. Generally, the higher up in levels you go, the less freedom you have and the more tasks you must accomplish to proceed. Spore seems to do the opposite.

It seems to me from what I've learned about the game so far is that you begin with less freedom of choice and tasks that must be accomplished to proceed and as you gain each new level, you gain more freedom of choice.

Please, keep us informed with anything else you can learn about this game to share with us!

~Vandi

Offline Mr.Heat

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Spore
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 06:48:01 am »
Will Wright IS a genuis  :D.....I think spore will become a high seller, just like the sims (1&2), and even had more succes, it seems that it's Wrights' Lifetime Work..

Heat

Offline Zefrid

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 11:40:57 am »
I heard Spore is going to be an online. Is it just going to be an online game or is it going to have singleplayer? Also does anyone think it is going to be one of those pay to play online games? Probably too advanced questions for right now but just thought I'd ask. Also for the online play does anyone have any ideas for how it is going to work?
Got Gaming Steve forum membership?

Offline Zoidberg

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 12:03:49 pm »
From what I understand this game will be like The Sims (wanted to compare to another of his games). It seems to be offline but you will need an internet connection so you can download all the new stuff from people daily, off of what will probably be spore.ea.com or something. And I doubt it'll be "pay to play" as you put it since not many games except MMOs do monthly charges. I wouldn't put it past EA to make up for that though in 7 billion expansion packs.
I heard Spore is going to be an online. Is it just going to be an online game or is it going to have singleplayer? Also does anyone think it is going to be one of those pay to play online games? Probably too advanced questions for right now but just thought I'd ask. Also for the online play does anyone have any ideas for how it is going to work?

Offline Zefrid

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 12:27:01 pm »
Yeah that is the ONLY reason that made me frown :-[ on Sims Online is you had to pay to play. >:(

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 09:05:36 pm »
i played the sims online .    DAMN that game sucked, one of the worst games ever, you start off dirt poor and EVERY1 has money, i ended up rooming with some chick i didnt even know, she was a millionare and great in bed, haha, yea , so, we were gonna get married in the game, but i just stopped playing 1 day and never saw her again
THE END

Offline Zefrid

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2005, 09:12:07 pm »
Poor chick... YOU BASTARD!!! I HOPE SHE GETS YOU FOR CHILD SUPPORT!!!!

Offline homer2000

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 01:57:53 am »
awesome, just awesome... hope its not P2P or else i go suicide...

Offline CustodianV131

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 02:56:49 am »
Actually if the have a team adding stuff (not content, since we the players will be making that YAY!, but new and improved tools to do so) and reviewing the stuff people upload before they place it on the download server (IE the spot where you and/or even better the game itself can download creations from other users) then I would be willing to pay a little fee.

If it reduces the rubbish and increases the fun, that would be worth say $ 4.95 a month to me. Then again I've been playing MMORPG's for years, so they've mindcontrolled me long ago.

Maybe they can make it an optional service?
Do drop by on my Spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/CustodianV131
Comments verrrry welcome! Rating my creatures is much appreciated, but be honest please!

Offline PineappleTheHun

• Mystery House Madman
  • Explodablicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2005, 11:18:45 am »
spore... is looking to be the most perfect game ever made.

I think you can play online, or offline.

I'd be playing online all the time. Nothing would be cooler than growing up from a paremicium to an intergalactic civilization, blowing up n00bz planets...  ;D
Quote from: Borogove
I try to think of what mother nature would have done if she suffered major brain damage.
Quote from: Gaming Steve
You are wrong.
Quote from: Legodragonxp
Starship Troopers 2 had only two things worth seeing, but she died early on

Offline CustodianV131

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2005, 04:01:48 pm »
spore... is looking to be the most perfect game ever made.

I think you can play online, or offline.

I'd be playing online all the time. Nothing would be cooler than growing up from a paremicium to an intergalactic civilization, blowing up n00bz planets... ;D

Hehe, unless you've been blasted to bits 250 times from outerspace before being able to finish the tidepool game. Don't think you'll play live against other players in this game. Rather you'll download their creations which the game uses as other races.
Do drop by on my Spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/CustodianV131
Comments verrrry welcome! Rating my creatures is much appreciated, but be honest please!

Offline legameboy

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Meep!
    • View Profile
    • Echonet
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2005, 05:47:54 pm »
Let's all thank Steve for another great Podcast!

Thanks Steve!  ;D

Offline Mika Ears

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Masterharper, Planeswalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2005, 06:03:21 pm »
Honestly, the idea of a podcast didn't appeal to me, then I listened to one and now I'm hooked. XD

Yay! Answered questions about Spore!

Also: Loo-mines. Lumines. Yay.  :D

Also Also: This site isn't becoming a Spore repository. Spore may have brought us here but if you check out the forums a bunch of posters (Including me. :D ) has spurred the forums into actual game discussion across many fronts.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 06:40:58 pm by Mika Ears »

Offline Zefrid

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2005, 08:12:40 pm »
Me too.

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile