Author Topic: Beatnuki's Blatantly Bizarre Bestiary (VERY WORDY - you have been warned!)  (Read 2807 times)

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
Alliteration-title, hooray!

Well, you all know why I'm here. You can of course access most (and indeed all, actually) of my stuffage using the link; http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Beatnuki

This thread is to showcase a few of my own favourites, so I won't be including everything (unless there's anything you guys might spot in the Sporepedia you'd like me to elaborate on in any way for whatever reason). I've been using the trial creator for now, hopefully soon things will change and I'll have all those delightful parts to choose from!

Without further ado, the first creature!

THE PROTOPUP
Beatnukis Prototypis

'Beatnukis' (Beet-noo-kiss) is the family to which the Protopup and all other dog/weasel/wolf-ish mammally things such as the Waldog, Vemnix and Dinf belong. As attributed in its name, the Protopup was the first member of the Beatnukis family, and indeed the progenitor of every offshoot Beatnukis species. Protopups are known for being the first species to emerge from the strange miasma and swirling energies of the primitive pre-galactic Beatnukiverse (you'll have to excuse the narcissistic tendency to name everything after myself) and all the big-muzzled mammal races previously mentioned, and more, can trace their lineage back to this peculiar species.

Carnivorous and yet humble and mild-mannered, the Protopup is by no means a strong nor powerful creature. Explorers and scientists are often baffled by the fact that these critters have survived long enough to diverge into so many multitudinous and varied species.

The only viable explanation these experts can ever come up with is that the Protopups are much more intelligent than their appearance suggests, and/or that they are prolific breeders that hide their nests of eggs in extremely secretive and closely guarded locations. This societal meerkat-like mentality borders on the verge of a hive-mind; Protopup thought processes are very closely synchronised and, mysteriously, sometimes even interwoven. Perhaps the pom-pom isn't just for show!

PROTOPUP FOOTAGE:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKWtT4yT5iA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKWtT4yT5iA</a>

What to expect if your species encounters Protopups:

Protopups are normally very amicable to creatures they feel pose no threat. They display a little of the aloof tendencies that would later define their cousins the Waldogs, as well as a mischievous opportunistic streak that would later characterise their most closely related descendants, the Vemnix. There are also traces of early Dinf hedonism.

If threatened, Protopups will attempt to overpower the enemy in numbers with bites and tail-scratches. If unable to do so, they ordinarily retreat in a surprisingly orderly and precise formation, usually aiming for the nearest ravine or crevice and leaping off en masse somewhat like lemmings, relying on their three wing-like membranes to allow them to slow their descent and corckscrew smugly to the ground/over the gap, away from danger.

Original Form

Newer Form

Fully Evolved Form

THE WALDOG
Beatnukis Originalii

The Waldog, named by fellow forumite Skraeling aaaaaaaaaaages ago, is related to the Protopup and yet was actually discovered much earlier, as signified in this ancient thread which contains early images and highly detailled annotations; http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=3963.0

As a swift summary the Waldog is a quintiped, walking with a bizarre mixture of slow smooth steps with its front two legs, tiny scuttles with its two middle legs and awkward hops with its rear tail-leg. They're an extremely lazy and passive species that will in no way motivate themselves to do anything unless danger threatens or its worth their while. Despite its name, comparing a Waldog to a dog of Earth will cause it great offence, to the point of it administering one of its powerful headbutts or outright biting your arm off. They are somewhat haughty and have a deeply disturbing obsession with pies, which traces back to even before pies were invented on their world.

Waldogs display the same pack mentality as their distant Protopup relatives, though are far too lazy to share their ancestors' altruistic values. They convey most meaning between individuals with a series of Looks; subtle facial expressions that to outside onlookers of other species seem completely identical, deadpan and dreary. Despite their ungainly walk, Waldogs have a moderate pace. The most powerful attack they possess is an almighty headbutt, which draws force from the bending of all five legs as the beast rears back and launches itself fully at an opponent.

EARLY EVOLUTIONARY WALDOG FOOTAGE:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orK12yI3Hv0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orK12yI3Hv0</a>

What to expect if your species encounters Waldogs:

Expect to be deeply patronised. If you have pie, expect to be robbed from.

THE KILLER TEAPOT:
Heerzmii Handlus Heerzmii Spoutus

The Killer Teapots are monstrous creatures indeed. Though they by no means possess the most advanced weaponry biologically or are particularly fast, the sheer ruthlessness, mercilessness and outright cunning that these truly evil beasts display make them feared throughout the galaxy. The source of this foul race is lost to the misty recesses of time, but by disguising themselves as humble households teapots they have already infiltrated many planets, awaiting the day when they will rise up and strike. They shoot acidic tea from their spoutmouths relentlessly until their prey is subdued.

KILLER TEAPOT FOOTAGE:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4OEFubavF8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4OEFubavF8</a>

What to expect if your species encounters Killer Teapots:

Death. Or, if you manage to subdue one, a delicious cup of tea.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 06:34:22 am by Beatnuki »

If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline SPOREGASM

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Sporon since day one.
    • View Profile
Congrats on great creatures and even better writing. I particularly enjoyed the Killer Teapot

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
killer teapots...YOU ROCK!
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Killer teapot is really cool!

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
Thanks for your feedback guys! Much appreciated. I'm glad you liked the Killer Teapot, they seem to be winning people over. Which is all part of their secret and nefarious plan....  ::)

Just a quick update of a few more of my favourites for today, since I could actually be playing the CC right now. But I want to try and keep things up to date, and I now at last have the full creator! Hooray!  ;D

Today's theme for this update is....

Blatant Rip-Offs!
For which I apologise in advance.....

YOSHI

Comparison Image: http://www.mariowiki.com/Image:ItadakiYoshi.PNG

Yoshis are a famous breed of dinosaurs who to many need no introduction. The mysterious Spore multiverse and its uncanny ability for bringing countless universes crashing together in one coherent whole means that many parallel variants of the Yoshi species exist; the omnivorous bipedal Yoshis from the Beatnukiverse, however, suffered greatly during their exodus from their world to the Beatnukiverse proper via a mysterious ancient Warp Pipe; their noses were given bizarre red infections no amount of treatment can cure and their trademark boots were somehow completely messed up in transit.

YOSHI FOOTAGE:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6lJKwE49r0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6lJKwE49r0</a>

What to expect if your species encounters Yoshi:

Yoshis are fast sprinters and agile omnivores. They're an optimistic and friendly species, but their countless run-ins with villains in the past in their home dimension has hardened them; they pack a mean punch and a mighty headbutt. Their new adaptations in the Spore multiverse and the smaller pocket-dimension known as the Beatnukiverse mean that their famous egg-throwing and tongue-snatching abailities are all but gone. Nevertheless, they still have a hearty appetite.

Original 'Yoshi' Character Information: http://www.mariowiki.com/Yoshi

NORN
Cyberlifogenis Cutis

Comparison Image: http://creatures.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Desert_Norn.gif

Norns are cute, bumbling fluffy bipeds that were said to have been genetically engineered by a creator race many centuries ago. They are omnivorous, but tend to prefer fruit. Their native homeworld, Albia, was an obscure disc-shaped world where life evolved only on the very outer rim; as a result, Norns and other species of this world existed in practically two dimensions, quite literally living on the edge. In their final transition, through known means, to the Spore multiverse, they were finally granted the ability to live in three dimensions, which is a huge culture shock to the entire pecies as a whole and causes them to wander around looking even more confused than usual.

What to expect if your species encounters Norns:

Norns are not very independent. Having been bred and engineered by a vastly superior race, and then abandoned to be looked after by disembodied floating hands for years, they have very little sense of direction or logic if left alone. They do not seek to befriend other species so much as poke them to see if they poke back, and if attacked can only defend themselves with weak smacks. Their only hope is to be taken pity on and looked after like their days prior to stumbling into the Spore multiverse; if this is so, perhaps they can finally evolve their own racial identity and perhaps even become a driving force in the galaxy in the distant future.

Original 'Norn' character information: http://creatures.wikia.com/wiki/Norn

This one's not strictly a rip-off, but this one was commented on by a Maxoid so I wanted to know what you guys would think too.....

PAPERCLIP
Attachus Documentii

Paperclips set out to explore the universe after the little-known Freedom Of Stationery Act of 1973. They are herbivores of very little brain, having spent most of their life in captivity holding sheets of paper together. Now freely liberated, they can often be found peacefully grazing in meadows in the balmy sunlight, which glints from their metallic skin.

What to expect if your species encounters Paperclips:

Paperclips are a peaceful, docile and slow species, both in wit and agility. Not popular with carnivores due to being made out of metal and having next to no meat on them, Paperclips generally use their long horn to attack, or bite feebly. They're neither a very charismatic species, their ancestry ensuring they have a boring office-worker personality. Paperclips are deeply offended and panicked when one attempts to unwind their bodies into a straight line or bends them out of shape out of boredom. They also now consider themselves above and beyond holding bits of paper together and will react unfavourably if you ask them to do so.

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
I liked your teapot so much I used it to make something. I gave you credit in the description.  :)

ImaTeapot

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
About your paper clips. They don't try and offer pointless suggestions every 3 seconds do they? I will kill each and everyone of them in newer and more horrific way than the last, if they do.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
Ah, now that teapot is adorable! Yet deadly....

Thank you for mentioning me, I appreciate it.  ;D Good work! I wonder which teapot out of our two breeds would win if we pitted them together.....? Judging by the parts I'd say probably yours, mine was made with the trial editor.

About your paper clips. They don't try and offer pointless suggestions every 3 seconds do they? I will kill each and everyone of them in newer and more horrific way than the last, if they do.

We-ell......they've been known to. Nobody said the Paperclips were the most popular or sensitive of species. A good way of making them stop is to link them in a big long chain, they hate that.  ::)

And now for something completely different!

Pushing The Weirdness Envelope
....over a cliff and beyond! Poor envelope.

DINF
Beatnukis Hedonistus

Concept Art: http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h271/Beatnuki/dinf.jpg

The Dinf are a prolific species within the Beatnukis family of weaselhounds. With a peculiar leg arrangement; one front leg, one on each side and one at the rear, all situated at the base of the spine; they hobble and shuffle in a peculiar manner. However, their long lean bodies are somewhat rubbery and can be hunched down into a squat; the tension that builds in the elastic-like internal leg membranes of the Dinf's bizarre calves creates a tremendous force. The upshot of all this science-jargon is that Dinf are extremely adept at jumping; in Sporepedia observation screens, commanding one to jump will send it bounding up off the top of the screen in a flash of monochrome smugness. Also extremely noteworthy is the spiked headbulb, which the Dinf combines with vicious slicing attacks with its two peculiarly placed paws, which are lined with suction cups that make it difficult, to an embarrassing extent, for the creature to put things down.

Dinf have a single ear between their eyes, which is nothing more than a big hole. If a bug or other blockage flies into this opening it annoys the creature terribly and it will fly into a hilarious frenzy flailing to shake loose the obstruction. This can last hours and may cause the critter such torment that it begins battering itself on the head with its own spiked headbulb; Dinf will also do this if angered at their own stupid mistakes or if feeling depressed.

What to expect if your species encounters Dinf:

Dinf are aggressive if provoked and will attempt either a frenzied whirl of suctionpaws in retaliation to an attack, or will resort to their infamous headbulb. If approached as friends, the Dinf will swiftly show their hedonistic nature; they'll grab you by the wrist and lead you, babbling excitedly, to the closest source of pleasure; a bar, a noisy nightclub, a bowling alley, a smunklesball stadium, a classy restaurant, or anything else that promises a good time. Whatever the venue, the Dinf will prove loud and brash hosts, boasting of all kinds of peculiar feats and imbibing liquors at a frightful pace. If no females of their own kind are available, they'll immediately accost the closest female lifeform and enthuse on the benefits of interspecies dating. They'll probably break something and laugh if they get told off about it, perhaps get in a brawl with other patrons that will showcase their jumping prowess, then by dawn will stagger into the open and slump into a heap under the nearest source of shelter and sing bawdy folk songs until they pass out.

PIE GUY
Pastrii Delectablae

Though their evolutionary ancestry is unknown, Pie Guys are nonetheless unfortunate creatures; defenceless herbivores doomed forever to be born in the form of a delicious slice of pie. The flavour of the filling varies by the region in which the Pie Guy is found. Pie Guys hide almost constantly from everything as a result of their unfortunate fate, and only their great capacity for prolific breeding in secret nests saves them from extinction.

It goes without saying that the Pie Guy is insanely popular with Waldogs.

What to expect if your species encoutners Pie Guys:

A snack with an annoying habit of trying to run away.

BLEATBLIMP
Ovis Aries Zeppelinus

Bleatblimps are held aloft a foot or more off the ground by virtue of their gaseous sacs, which keep them buoyant in the air and actually make it impossible for the creature to touch the ground unless the sac is removed. As a result, Bleatblimps are forced to eat fruits and tree leaves, or the tips of shrubs, rather than the grass that sheep normally eat. They 'swim' through the air gracefully using their four tendril-like limbs, which curl and writhe and trail behind them.

Bleatblimps are popular agricultural animals and are easy to tame, producing useful wool. However, they often have to be kept in a fully enclosed space or be tied to a fence to stop them floating away.

What to expect if your species encounters Bleatblimps:

A Bleatblimp has precious little defence if you choose to attack it, and will more than likely paddle at the air desperately to try and escape. In times of panic or high stress their bodies produce higher levels of their buoyancy gases which allow a temporary elevation in the height at which they float, which they will attempt to use as an escape ploy. However, this added height is short-lived and a patient predator can simply follow the creature until it inevitably tires and bobs serenely downwards again.

If approached in a friendly manner, Bleatblimps are too stupid to do much of anything in response, so don't expect a conversation.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
Re: Beatnuki's Blatantly Bizarre Bestiary; back despite popular demand!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 08:18:00 am »
Hello again. Does this count as a necrobump? Sorry if this counts as a necrobump. I forgot to update it with other thingies, you see. Let the other thingies begin!

DOOMBRAIN
Medula Menacio

Doombrains are a particularly malignant and deeply disturbing species. Primarily feeders of carrion, they are tiny organisms that aid in the decomposition of dead creatures, but make special care not to damage or in any way approach the brain of their victim. The parasites, once the rest of the creature is devoured, converge on the brain and infest it, creating of themselves a miniature hive-mind that constitutes a whole, giving them complete control over the brain's functions. Mutated wings and tentacles begin to sprout and soon the brain is a full Doombrain, a crazed monster that flutters through the air, sneaking up on unsuspecting creatures and latching onto their skulls with its circular maw; with one quick bite, the Doombrain injects surplus miniature parasites into the bloodstream of its victim, where they will remain dormant until the death of the host, at which point the cycle begins again and the parasites harvest the host creature's brain to form another Doombrain.

Doombrains also lay eggs and reproduce in a more conventional manner, but don't enjoy it nearly as much as the thrill of the hunt.

What to expect if your species encounters Doombrains:

Well, just don't encounter them at all, if possible!

LEMMING
Lemmus Dimwittae

Comparison Image: http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m72/lanceuppercutcobra/856_psp_lemmings_05.jpg
These are the most modern incarnation of the characters; my recreation is a combination of the new and older 90s-era forms.

Lemmings are small creatures with monolithically stupid behavioural patterns. A bizarre rodent lifeform with obscure, scruffy green hair and a penchant for blue robes, they spend most of their time walking in a straight line, until they either hit a wall and turn around, march off a cliff, or walk into some inconveniently placed deathtrap. Despite their incredible stupidity, they have somehow managed to eke out some rudimentary organised society; the sheer numbers of these creatures make small advances perhaps inevitable.

Despite the millions of deaths that face this species, they seem bizarrely incapable of going extinct. What purpose their accident-prone ways serve in the grand scheme of things with Sporean galactic politics is unknown; however, some academics (usually the drunk ones) suggest that this ability to survive despite constant flinging themselves to their deaths is surely the mark of a species that could some day rise up and become a force to be reckoned with in the galaxy, and the multiverse at large.

What to expect if your species encounters Lemmings:

If you're a carnivore, expect a light snack that's too stupid to run away, and may even enter your open mouth voluntarily if you paint an arrow sign with the word 'exit' on it and point it at yourself. Aside from their usefulness as food (though the hair and robes tend to get stuck in the teeth), Lemmings are extremely limited conversationalists. If you feel compelled to save them for whatever reason, the bizarre puzzle-like landscapes that make up their habitats may have you up all night trying to figure out the solutions.

VEMNIX
Beatnukis Zennacio

These are my 'main' creatures who I'll take through the main Spore campaign, in case you're wondering why I'm going to talk about them a lot; it's my intention to show others what my playstyle will be so you'll know what to expect if you encounter them ingame.

Another member of the prominent Beatnukis genus of interrelated weaselhound species, the Vemnix is a three-legged, three-armed creature that shows clearly defined genetic resemblances to Protopups, Waldogs and Dinf, among others. Rivalling the Waldog as the most intelligent and advanced of all the Beatnukis species, the Vemnix boasts a head-mounted limb that shoots acidic, poisonous bio-pellets. In the wild, they prefer to use this tactic as a means by which to weaken the opponent, lining up in a smart formation and blasting relentlessly until the foe is sufficently weak for them to move in and scratch with their trio of claws, as well as the occasional headbutt.

Vemnix are not by their nature a violent species, however. If provoked, they are ruthless and merciless, but they are naturally rather keen on getting to know other species; some say this is innocent friendliness, others call it smarmy manipulation. Early on in their evolution, Vemnix learned the benefits of giving things to other Vemnix, or to other creatures. The basic gist of things was, critters like will you if you give them stuff. As a result, one of the first things a clutch, tribe, city or planetary colony of Vemnix will do upon first discovering another species that shows no sign of hostility is to inundate them with gifts and grins.

Naturally, such behaviour costs resources, which makes the Vemnix very greedy and possessive. The one thing that they know above all else is that critters want stuff; Vemnix lurk in the shadows and swiftly learn what it is a given race or creature wants the most, then will claim it themselves so as to monopolise the resource and hold their 'friend' in a state of desiring what they have. this is how Vemnix excercise their power over other species, as well as other nations of their own kind.

The narcissistic Vemnix mindset is that everything in the multiverse belongs to them by default. If they want something, they take it; the fact someone else might own it is nothing more than a minor inconvenience. This, coupled with their penchant for exploitation, manipulation and charismatic bribery, has earned them the nickname, 'The weasels of the Milky Way', as well as coining Beatnukiversal phrases such as, "That merchant last week totally vemmed me!" or, "Stop ve'nixing around the subject and just tell it to me straight, will you?!"

Vemnix concept art: http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h271/Beatnuki/InnocuousVemnix.jpg

Having said that, Vemnix are loyal to those who win their favour (which usually involves saving their sneaky hides from invasion/annihilation, giving them copious amounts of currency, accepting them into a defensive pact or offering them remarkably shiny objects). Those who they consider friends are freed from their wily ways and will actually be traded with fairly, the citizens of the friend species being guaranteed to no longer be victimised by Vemnix scam artists or monopolisation of the spiceways. In fact, this is where the rare treat of Vemnix generosity begins to shine; Vemnix will shower their friends in gifts and foreign aid and will immediately come to their rescue, even against insurmountable odds, if their allies are under attack.

Earlier Vemnix concept art: http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h271/Beatnuki/Vemnix.jpg
(Note the Dinf-like spiked headbulb instead of the Ziggurhat poison-shooter limb, more or less cementing which species the Vemnix are most closely related to)

What to expect if your species encounters the Vemnix:

If you show even a hint of hostility, Vemnix solidarity comes into play. They are a vengeful species; kill and eat one of their own, and countless retribution-seekers will hound the attacker, as well as the attacker's entire species, for years, perhaps centuries to come. The fanatical Vemnix lust for revenge, and the hooting cackles of delight with which they deliver it, are both remarkable and disturbing. They will gleefully obliterate an entire species for 'what they did to the Collective', even for the most minor of incursions. Holding only grudges more tightly than they do currency, Vemnix will either have their retribution or kill themselves trying; if possible, and indeed a preferable way of 'conducting business', the Vemnix will usuall task one of the many species they have bribed, bought out or hoodwinked into their fold to take care of the interlopers on their behalf. As their fanatical allies (laden with precious commodities, luxuriant vats of GlubberBerry Hooch and pumped to the extremities in the finest of exquisite spices by their 'friends' the Vemnix) fling themselves into war and death and bloodshed, fleets of warships descending from the cosmos to avenge the incursions made again 'the Collective', a lone Vemnix vessel will stealthily sweep across the sky, snatching up anything worthwhile, stirring up revolution in the enemy species' allies and buying up the star-systems of their enemy's neighbours, meaning to enclose their foes in what the Vemnix screechingly, with their maniacal giggles as victory beckons, refer to as 'The Black Encircling Glove'.

However, many races are more than wise to the sly and conniving ways of the Vemnix and will refuse to ally with them. Without allies bribed into subservience, the Vemnix are significantly weaker, but will still lust for revenge until either the score is settled or they've driven themselves to extinction or genocide.

If you're nice to the Vemnix, they will show great generosity; the measure of your own generosity in response dictates if you're a 'friend' (someone they will take into 'the Collective' and treat as equals, coming to your rescue and offering you first refusal on their rare artifacts found on scavenging missions, etc.) or a 'customer' (a species they will bribe until the option of buying your cities, planets or systems becomes open to them; they will sneakily export all the most valuable spices and resources in return for the 'favours' they do for you on the way to inevitably buying you out). The Vemnix show a rather glaring set of double-standards, however; if you play them at their own game and exploit them, or in any other way betray them (especially if you were considered a 'friend'), the ludicrously fanatical vengeful streak shows itself once again and the normally calm and controlled merchant species will launch into a frenzy of invasion, strategy, bribery of allies to attack on their behalf and so on.

If you've read this far, you're rather brilliant, so thank you. I'm fully aware that a lot of my creations, particularly the Vemnix, are very 'killable', and to some extent I designed them that way (not to annoy anyone, but more as a kind of, "Gah, those damn Vemnix are always taking my spice! I'm going to kill every last one of them!!!"). What I've observed so far in the GamingSteve community inasmuch as creative content is concerned, particularly with everyone's 'main species', or the campaign creatures you'll be using in-game all the way up to space, is that there's a lot of....nobility involved, they're all cool and creative and a good balance between intelligence and wisdom and a sense of "don't mess with us!", so I wanted to have a seedier avenue, a creature that'd try and wheedle its way into business deals and possessing as much stuff as they can. Maybe I'm not the first to be creating a 'corrupt' species intent on bringing some playful mayhem and political subterfuge to the GamingSteve sporecast galaxy, but nonetheless it's an avenue I wanted to go down and see how, in the final game, my playstyle relates to all of your own playstyles, and of other players outside GamingSteve.

Or in a nutshell; Yes, I know the Vemnix are conniving little buggers, and yes, I encourage you to blow them up for it if you see fit.  ;)

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
For some reason just looking at your Vemnix makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...  lol paperclip.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
Haha, you've got to watch those Vemnix, they use fuzziness to win people over!  ;)

right. Well, Sporepedia's being naughty and not letting me upload things today, so I'm going to put them here instead, so they're at least shareable somehow.

Don't worry though, no epic overblown descriptions for today.

PUNKYDUCK

Just your regular run of the mill moody bright yellow duck with a feathery mohawk is all. Herbivorous, of course.

BRELKAN

The problems started with this guy! Or at least, he's the first one that wouldn't upload. Grumble mumble.

Brelkans are carnivorous reptiles with shoulder-mounted wings that move when they walk. Which I did by accident but left since it looked pretty nifty.

They have wrist-scythes that slice and dice which makes them both formidable predators and useful kitchen assistants.

That is all.