Author Topic: Hidden jewels  (Read 3439 times)

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
Hidden jewels
« on: June 18, 2008, 02:36:09 am »
Well, there's a lot of music out there that is great that almost noone knows about, so lets share what we know about so thoose great songs / artists gets known! :)

This is a very unexpected collaboration between System of a Down and Wu-Tang Clan:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEOXpM7V07M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEOXpM7V07M</a>

Both of the groups are well known, but this song is well forgotten, I think it is great :)

Note that this song is originally a Wu-Tang Clan song, its got the same lyrics just that Serji sings most verses instead of the others rapping them.

Post yours, I'm sure theres a lot out there :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 02:37:40 am by Huckbuck »

@davidramnero

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
Re: Hidden jewels
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 02:36:34 pm »
@davidramnero

Offline Tr0n

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 07:28:32 pm »
To the original subject... I have always appreciated collaboration between the genres.  For this, I applaud them.  So far, Collision Course with Linkin Park and Jay Z seem to be the best collection of said alliances.

But this song.  Hmm.  I'm surprised that white guys can say that word so much.  I do like both sides of this team individually, but perhaps this individual song left a bad taste in my mouth.  (Strip out the words and you can hear a little Wu-Tang inspiration in the instrumental... which is cool)

What's with all of the basketball brawls throughout?
Hey love crusader, I want to be your space invader
For you I will descend the deepest moon crater
I is more stronger than Darth Vapour
Obey me, I is your new dictator

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 03:44:22 am »
To the original subject... I have always appreciated collaboration between the genres.  For this, I applaud them.  So far, Collision Course with Linkin Park and Jay Z seem to be the best collection of said alliances.

But this song.  Hmm.  I'm surprised that white guys can say that word so much.  I do like both sides of this team individually, but perhaps this individual song left a bad taste in my mouth.  (Strip out the words and you can hear a little Wu-Tang inspiration in the instrumental... which is cool)

What's with all of the basketball brawls throughout?

System of a Down are from Armenia and Iraq, they can use THE word :P And yea, CC was great :)

I think this song is great, mainly because of the way SoAD interpreted a classical Wu song.

About the brawls, well, the video is something a random user has put together, its got nothing to do with the song...
@davidramnero