Author Topic: Logan Felipe's creations  (Read 9997 times)

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
Re: Logan Felipe's creatures.
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 08:15:19 pm »
Anopheles

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XzczEBembM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XzczEBembM</a>

Somehow managed to make clipping almost non-existant.
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline Skizzik

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 04:06:49 pm »
HAHA... The Birthday Critter is great. To bad it's almost a year until my Birthday.  ;D

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 10:00:29 pm »
Thanks! He's my first non-serious creature. The Pom-poms made great balloons.

I'm finding that a lot more creatures are possible with the free trial than I thought. I've made about 17 creatures (excluding the ones on Sporepedia that were later edited) so far.
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 07:23:06 am »
I know it's way back on the first page, but that Troodon is brilliant =D
(I'm a sucker for dinosaurs XD)
The Saurapods look brilliant too, but definitely need a hit from the Epicizer...

&& i'd love to see the Anopheles on my planet (I'm not big on the idea of having real creatures or re-makes in my universe, but they still need the level of coolness/believability you have with that one =D)

Offline K3rnan

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 10:21:35 am »
You have a great collection of fantastic creatures, I am very impressed!
Please check out my Spore profile or visit my YouTube channel!

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 12:12:36 pm »
Thanks!

The Saurapods look brilliant too, but definitely need a hit from the Epicizer...

And herbivorous mouths. ;D

When I get spore, I'll need to update them with the correct parts.

How does the epicizer work?  ???
Fanfic!

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 12:15:48 pm »
Aparantly (as in, I'm not sure, but it seems other people are) it's a weapon on the UFo wich instaly turns a creature 'epic'.
I'm going to make a cloverfield clone and give it a blast from the epicizer beam if any civilization stands in my way...

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2008, 04:07:34 pm »
http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263037273&username=Artenon&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

dang, didn't work. :(

anyhoo, a couple new critters.

Probostrich

Using its long trunk, this Raptoridanian herbivore can access plant matter and water at any height. They are social animals, and live in large herds. Their feathers serve as an excellent tool for display, and to intimidate predators by fanning them out, making it appear larger than it actually is. It also has ear-like sensors on its feet that detect vibrations in the ground, forewarning it of the approach of large predators.

Eye Evid

An homage to the Eye Evid, a hostile alien life form from the PC RPG Alien Logic.

Monoceras Hexapodus

A small ambush predator of Raptoridan. Its camoflague allows it to hide amongst rocks. When unsuspecting prey wanders too close, Hexapodus charges, impaling its victim. Its ears are point towards its back, forewarning it of predators attacking from behind.

Plumed Geckomander

This Raptoridan predator lives in the few rivers and streams of its homeworld. Its camoflague allows it to hide at the bottom of fresh water environments, blending in with reeds and underwater plantlife. Its diet consists of fish, amphibians, and whatever else happens to get too close to the water.

Cetaciapod

A large terrestrial predator of Raptoridan. Its ancestors were similar to whales. A social animal, it hunts in packs, taking down enormous prey. It is plagued by terrestrial barnacles that have adapted to life outside of the water. Some varieties feed on skin cells; while others feed on pesky insects that cause irritation to the animal.

Rheasaur

An small omnivore of Raptoridan. Though they resemble flightless birds, Rheasaurs are actually reptilian. The waddle like structures on their throats are for display. Their senses are accute, and they can run fast, making them difficult prey (i'll add hidden omnivore or herbivore mouth to make it an omnivore and give it faster feet when I get spore).

Deinonychus

A carnivorous dinosaur of Earth's Cretaceous period (might update head later, will definitely update feet).

Magnigastrotherium

One of Raptoridan's largest herbivores, Magnigastrotherium relies on fat lumps and fluid sacs to survive when food and water are scarce. It is a very social creature, and lives in herds. Its tusks are used for combatting rival males in musk and warding off predators. It has two grasping appendages in front of its mouth that it uses to help bring food to its mouth and communicate with others. By using the nostrils on the top of its head and its eye stalks, it can see and breath with ease while swimming. This animal often falls prey to Cetatiapods (will add herbivorous mouth and update coloration/texture when I get spore).

Styracobeetle

A small herbivorous insect of Raptoridan. The thorny spikes protruding from its head protect its neck from predators. The Styracobeetle can use its wings to travel more quickly and escape predators.

Updated creatures:

A variant of the Sabre Toothed Scutasaur

Updated Raptoridaner
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 04:17:08 pm by Logan Felipe »
Fanfic!

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 12:48:18 am »
Remember the Girappo?

My rendition in the trial. I'll update the feet later.

I made a hippo while I was at it. Carnivorous though.
Fanfic!

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 12:02:56 am »
One of my favorites so far.

Membracipardalis

Haven't uploaded yet, seeing as it needs an herbivore mouth and I don't have spore yet.

He looks cool when he walks.

Like Anopheles, he hails from Arborealis Pyro.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 12:04:33 am by Logan Felipe »
Fanfic!

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 11:24:16 pm »

Horseshoe Crab
Turned out Waay better than I thought he would. He even moves like a real one!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 03:40:00 pm by Logan Felipe »
Fanfic!

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2008, 03:37:44 pm »

Verpine
Quote from: sporepedia
"A sentient insectoid from the Roche Asteroid Field. They communicate via radio waves, maintaining a hive mind. They are very skilled with technology."
My first sentient SW alien.

Feilschwanz KREB
Quote from: Sporepedia
Produced by Kritan Behälteryards (vessel yards), the Raptoridaner Feilschwanz Kritan Rüstung Erhöht Behälter (Armor Enhanced Vessel) was designed to bombard inland installations while far offshore. Armaments: 3 laser & 3 siege cannons.
The Raptoridaner language is a mix of german and Latin, BTW.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 03:39:39 pm by Logan Felipe »
Fanfic!

Offline Neini

• Akalabeth Addict
  • BUNNY SMASH PUNY HUMANS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2008, 03:40:13 pm »
That's some nice stuff you got there! I love the horseshoe crab!