Author Topic: Unlocking Hollywood: The most frusturating thing Theatrix ever did (help please)  (Read 8845 times)

Offline sgore

• Marble Madness Maniac
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
[Edit: This issue has been solved by a magical wonderful person named Dwagonfwy. Scroll down to his post for the answer!]

Have you ever seen a company do something really frustrating with a game for no apparent reason or use?

If you've heard of Theatrix, you've most likely heard of Hollywood and Hollywood high. If you haven't, they're basicly games (well if you can call it a game) where you can write things out in script format for the characters on the screen to preform. its 2-d and cartoonsh, but it is fun. Anyway, both games haven diffrent sets and characters and sound effects and such.(execpt in hollywood you can't have more then one scene in anything you make, which is very annoying, while in hollywood high, which came out later, you can have as many as you need.) If you have them both, the good thing is that you can put them together, meaning characters and sets and such from both games can be used together. The bad thing is that for some odd reason, Theatrix set it up so that it requires you to type in a code in responce to one the computer displays when you click the "Unlock Hollywood" Option. I'm not really sure what purpose setting it up like this serves though.
The good news was that if you needed the code, you could call up the hotline for free, tell them your code and they would tell you what code you needed to type in. The Bad news is that was the only way to do it, and for all of those who aren't aware, theatrix went out of buisness years ago. This was ok because at the time the game was still unlocked on the computer. Unfortunatly, a few years ago, that computer died. We moved our computers around and such. (it's like this strange system. One from upstairs comes down one floor and the one there comes down to the basement.)
the Hollywood games were installed on that computer. Bad news, the code isn't copy specific. It changes every time you re-install it.

The really bad news, as i said, theatrix was out of buisness by then. No way of finding out the code to type in, in response to the new code.
It still puzzles me why they would do that. What possible purpose could doing something like that serve?
(by the way, this is my older brother's game, but he let's me use it. Its probably the only computer game he plays or even has any intrest in.)
Anyway, I was sort of hoping, if someone on here could help. Its probably a long shot, but hey, this is the internet. You never know what info you may come across!

At the very most, It would be nice if someone could come along that somehow ended up with a handbook or something containing the code system, or could crack the code.

At the very least, if you own the game and at any point Unlocked Hollywood and remember the codes that you used or have them written down somewhere (yeah i know, long shot.) maybe you could post it. and sooner or later someone may notice a pattern.

Anyway, if it helps at all. The code the first time around the computer had was 8DVM. The code we were told to type in response to it was 3Q4. (my brother has a very selective memory. He can bassicly recite all of the orignal "Charlie and the chocolate factory" by heart.) This time the code is FBBF.

Also just If you've ever been extreamly frustrated by a company for doing something that seems completely unneccisary and downright dumb because it just makes things worse, please, feel free to post it in here.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 07:40:38 am by sgore »

What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline sgore

• Marble Madness Maniac
    • View Profile
Just curious, does anyone else besides me even know what the game is?
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
I do.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline dwagonfwy

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
yes, i'm bumping a thread over 5 years old...but i've got some really good news for you, sgore:

run Hollywood High once so it will generate a file called theatrix.ini in your system root (%systemroot%\theatrix.ini, e.g. C:\WINDOWS\theatrix.ini).  open this file with notepad and replace the contents with the following:

Code: [Select]
[CVPP]
ID950=MW
ID952=rite
ID951=FFSC2

enjoy your combined hollywood + hollywood high :-)

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
See, this is the right way to necro.  You answer the question constructivly in a case where the original poster is still active.

Still, not something I'd have done for my first post, but better than most.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline sgore

• Marble Madness Maniac
    • View Profile
yes, i'm bumping a thread over 5 years old...but i've got some really good news for you, sgore:

run Hollywood High once so it will generate a file called theatrix.ini in your system root (%systemroot%\theatrix.ini, e.g. C:\WINDOWS\theatrix.ini).  open this file with notepad and replace the contents with the following:

[CVPP]
ID950=MW
ID952=rite
ID951=FFSC2

enjoy your combined hollywood + hollywood high :-)

dwagonfwy, I don't know who you are, I don't know where you came from, I don't know how after over 5 years you were able to bump this thread so close to a time I'd started thinking about this matter again, and I don't know how I didn't come across this until just now today by coincidence while idly using the search function, but thank you and I love you and thank you.

See, this is the right way to necro.
Agreed.
Welcome to the forums sir.
I hope your continued posting ventures (if you do decide to continue them) go well.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
Man, I wish I made a thread five years ago asking for a million dollars. >_>

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
Necro win

Offline sgore

• Marble Madness Maniac
    • View Profile
Just an update:
I did it,
It worked.
Thank you again.
 :)