Author Topic: Episode 22 Posted  (Read 36069 times)

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
Re: Episode 22 Posted
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2005, 03:27:57 pm »
That intro is the best thing ever. I was thinking it was going to be horrible judging by the reactions... but I am still laughing my ass off.
Awesome.. hahaha.  :D
And you divided the sections with intros too. That's cool I guess.

Good stuff. Got something to listen to for the next hour and a half.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Simman

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Loading....Loading Failed
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2005, 04:54:43 pm »
Nice music, it definately adds a great touch to the show. Can't wait till next week..

PS - The announcer was awesome.  ;)

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2005, 07:50:01 pm »
The announcer scares me....I think he's going to blow a vein or something. Getting a little excited there.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
  • If those flies loose their eyes, we are in trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2005, 07:57:59 pm »
Thats why they're announcers  :D
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

Offline Atari Man

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • >[insert catchy phrase here]<
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2005, 10:44:07 pm »
I think the new podcast is great, music and all. Im new here so I don't know what the "mood" of this site is. Since alot of people are saying its worse I'll just go ahead and step across the line and join the side who say its good.

Offline Toshipaine

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
    • web - music - art :: kxmode
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2005, 11:34:04 pm »
It's not bad; it's just not Steve. If you listen to Steve long enough you know he's a laid back person. He doesn't get upset even when he says he fustrated. :) This music isn't Steve. A few of you guys have stated this. It would be like watching "60 Minutes" and their intro music was Drum n Bass. The music would no doubt be cool (since I like DnB) but for a news broadcast? It would be weird! That pretty much sums up this music for me. But (and this is a big but) if everyone is cool with and Steve is stoked by it then who am I? I'm just glad Steve's doing this for all us gamers.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 11:38:17 pm by Toshipaine »

Offline otaku62

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2005, 07:44:20 am »
In all honesty I like the new music but can you incorporate the packman noise somehow? I loved that thing.
ME TOO!

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2005, 08:29:43 am »
Sorry but the Pac-Man music is actually illegal to use. So I won't/can't be using it in the future:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/29/news_6132198.html

It was just supposed to be a spacefiller until the real music was ready anyhow ... it just took a lot longer than I expected.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline mystory64

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2005, 12:41:52 am »
You know what? I've been listening to Gaming Steve since E3, and I'll tell you what... that theme ROCKED!!!!!!

C'mon people, lighten up already, it's fun music fer cryin out loud, makes me think Steve is gonna come in through the curtain just like Johnny Carson, I loved it!

Offline mini.boss

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2005, 11:24:01 am »
It's not bad; it's just not Steve. If you listen to Steve long enough you know he's a laid back person. He doesn't get upset even when he says he fustrated. :) This music isn't Steve.

I think that summed it up perfectly. As a huge fan of gaming steve, i feel guilty to criticize something that he put alot of time and money into. But it doesnt fit the format at all. It sounds like into music for a loud and obnoxious variety show rather than an extremely intelligent view on gaming.

In describing his new music he said "it wasnt some crappy synth stuff" but to be honest a catchy midi melody would be exactly the type of music that would fit this show format. This isnt going to make me stop listening, but it may get me to fast forward past the first few minutes.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2005, 12:37:18 pm »
I'm listening to the podcast now. I think the new intro is great. I like the music. It actually reminds me of a Broadway production. I think its hard for those who have heard the last 20+ podcasts and the old format to make the change that easily. Good work Steve!

Offline Granite T. Rock

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Granite's Homepage
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2005, 01:37:25 pm »
the music is lots of fun....  it does take a bit of adjustment just because it is so POWERFUL.  But I like it.... reminds me of paul schaffer from David Letterman....
My Spore Profile  ****  My Spore Videos
Wii Friend Code: 7772 0178 1092 3363  Mario Kart Code: 2363-6666-4480 (PM me when you add me)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2005, 09:32:59 am »
It actually reminds me of a Broadway production.

yes not a gaming informational podcast about games. and yes it sounds great:) but as you say yourself it makes you think of something else than what the actual theme is

Actually Broadway can cover so many topics that a show about games wouldn't be out of the question. I mean they have a show about Urine even. Maybe he should make a broadway production out of it  ;)  It's a catchy tune that by the end of the year people will be humming. It's just hard to accept because its not what your used to. I like it!! (in my opinion)

Who is the man with the game information? Gaming Steve... Gaming Steve...  *singing*

Offline inferno493

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2005, 11:28:18 am »
Several previous posts have summed up the new theme music nicely. Well done but too over the top for the atmosphere of the podcast.  The pacman effects were really mellow and perfectly suited to the topic at hand.  I'm sure a lot of time and effort went into it, and the podcast content is fantastic, but the music just isn't well matched imho.  Just wanted to voice my opinion.  Keep up the great work!

Offline SurfMurph

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
    • My blog on MSN Spaces
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2005, 12:27:32 pm »
Just got through listeining to this weeks podcast. Your review of the Starpath Supercharger was great. I had an Atari 2600 while in college. (yes I'm an ol' geezer gamer)
I remember when the Supercharger came out. I purchased Communist Mutants from Space and Escape from the Mindmaster. I later bought Dragon Stomper.

Steve, you asked if anyone knew where to find roms of these old Supercharger games. I have them for my Stella emulator on my PC. Even Frogger. Let me know if you haven't found them yet.

btw, I've listened to your podcasts for a while now. I know it takes a lot of your time, but I really appreciate it. I don't always agree with your opinions of different products and industry announcements, but I really enjoy catching up on gaming news while commuting to and from work.