Author Topic: Sharing creatures  (Read 2897 times)

Offline Amberfox

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
Sharing creatures
« on: June 17, 2008, 08:21:20 am »
I'm currently having the problem that when I click on the "share a creature"-button in the CC, nothing happens at all.  ???  Before that, I actually managed to upload one single creature but now it seems to be completely impossible to do so. Probably because of the high traffic there at the moment, but I wish the program would at least give me some sort of feedback on why it's not working - or in case it does,  how long it's gonna take until the creature has been uploaded to the sporepedia :-\

Anyone else here having this problem?

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
  • the tiniest evil thing known to man and willosaurs
    • View Profile
Re: Sharing creatures
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 08:25:00 am »
it will only let me upload 1 or maybe 2 creatures at a time, but i noticed if i close it and bring it bacl up, it'll let me upload another creature. this sounds kinda stupid that i have to restart the pregrom each time i want to upload a creature, oh well.
Quote from: ilikedirt
your spores are wack

Fatal Error: You're creature is crap. You're computer will now explode.

check out my sporepedia page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/vonboy

Offline greyarea

• Mystery House Madman
  • Chobox isn't happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 08:26:35 am »
Logout and back in you usually get to share 1 each time  :P
A gamingsteve sporecast :)  (not comprehensive at all!)
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ssc-500012824849

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 08:32:27 am »
I found that if I clicked share, then logged out and logged back in it would show up as shared.

Offline Amberfox

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 08:35:33 am »
logging out and in again seems to work, thanks for the hint!  :)

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 08:37:00 am »
They better get this worked out and fast.

Offline MageLite

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 08:37:50 am »
One of my creatures, The Feroxaphant, has been shared according to the the CC, but shows up no-where onmy account on th eofficial site. One of my other creatures, the Grelloc, I clicked the 'share' button but it seems to have completely dissapeared both from my game and the sporepedia. Any ideas?

Offline greyarea

• Mystery House Madman
  • Chobox isn't happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 08:40:30 am »
One of my creatures, The Feroxaphant, has been shared according to the the CC, but shows up no-where onmy account on th eofficial site. One of my other creatures, the Grelloc, I clicked the 'share' button but it seems to have completely dissapeared both from my game and the sporepedia. Any ideas?

You may be able to get it back using the method posted by me here: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=12831.15
A gamingsteve sporecast :)  (not comprehensive at all!)
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ssc-500012824849

Offline Hyfrydle

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 09:58:56 am »
Is this share 1 creature per load a trial restriction or does it happen on the complete version too?

Offline Amberfox

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 10:20:25 am »
I don't think it's really a restriction that they programmed,instead, it probably has something to do with the fact that pretty much every single person who's trying out the CC right now tries to upload something to the sporepedia, which results in a massive server-overload  :-\

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 10:23:10 am »
I don't think it's really a restriction that they programmed,instead, it probably has something to do with the fact that pretty much every single person who's trying out the CC right now tries to upload something to the sporepedia, which results in a massive server-overload  :-\

If that was the case, it wouldn't upload as soon as you logged in again because the servers would be overloaded anyways.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Hyfrydle

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 10:33:11 am »
More EA crap I'm getting extremely fed up with this whole thing.

Offline Josh Rose

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 10:42:12 am »
Give em a break! It's a pretty lofty goal to make this whole sporepedia thing work perfectly. But they will get it down soon. We just have to be patient right now.

Offline Dahamuran

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 10:49:07 am »

3 of my creatures have the green "Shared" icon on their thumbnails but my profile on the Sporpedia still shows that I have 0 creations.  One can only hope its just lagging behind and will eventually catch up and list our creatures.  :-\

Offline Hyfrydle

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 11:08:20 am »
Give em a break! It's a pretty lofty goal to make this whole sporepedia thing work perfectly. But they will get it down soon. We just have to be patient right now.

They don't deaerve a break they have lots of very unhappy customers still waiting for the SCC and there own software causes the trial version to crash. It's a catalogue of errors which is getting worse by the minute.

We get no reponse or apologies from anyone and we are all supposed to be loyal customers. If I treated customers like this at work I'd be out of a job. If they really didn't realise how popular this things was going to be then they really are stupid. They need to wake up and start living in the real world and treating there customers with some respaect.