Author Topic: CC Problem: My Creations creatures missing  (Read 31895 times)

Offline immortius

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
Re: So.. is there a fix for the vanishing creature bug?
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 06:31:44 am »
yep, He'll have to wait for the patched full version. Glad you could help him :)

It may just be the case that when you installed the official version it changed that registry flag, causing your game to fix, rather than it being patched. But I guess we will see. :)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 03:40:03 pm »
Thank you so much greyarea!!! They are all restored!!! Woooo!!

;D ;D

Pleased to be of service!

Bad news it restored all but 11 out of 50. :/ It restored the oldest and the newest but not the middle.

Offline Blulightning

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Radioactive Kitty!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 03:50:01 pm »
Hydro, try editing the registry entry once more and see if that brings back the other 11...

I'll take a look at a few things, but I don't have the full version, and if I did I doubt I would be able to find a better fix than that registry fix.

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2008, 04:19:29 pm »
Install the official version from the EA Site. The vanishing creature issues will be gone. :)

Purchased and am using the full version. My creatures still vanished. Seems to happen when I've done too much creature saving/sharing, so now I'm only doing one creature save and one creature upload per session. Haven't had any trouble since I started this.

It means that uploading all my creatures is going to be a tiring process though. I needs a patch.

Offline Zamaza

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Daydreaming at Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2008, 04:31:41 pm »
Install the official version from the EA Site. The vanishing creature issues will be gone. :)

Purchased and am using the full version. My creatures still vanished. Seems to happen when I've done too much creature saving/sharing, so now I'm only doing one creature save and one creature upload per session. Haven't had any trouble since I started this.

It means that uploading all my creatures is going to be a tiring process though. I needs a patch.

Doing the same thing, doesn't always work, still some vanishing.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2008, 04:56:04 pm »
Hydro, try editing the registry entry once more and see if that brings back the other 11...

I'll take a look at a few things, but I don't have the full version, and if I did I doubt I would be able to find a better fix than that registry fix.

Nope those are still gone. Guess I will have to restore them the old fashioned way.

Offline Rutilant

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2008, 04:58:06 pm »

Nope those are still gone. Guess I will have to restore them the old fashioned way.

If you have the image still, you can click and drag it back into the sporepedia.

When mine broke, I couldn't even do that anymore. :/

Thank you for the registry key however! I exported it to my desktop and just run that before I play and I've got no problems. <3

Offline Blulightning

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Radioactive Kitty!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2008, 05:11:27 pm »
Looked through the cache files, nothing too important.
It's just caching your creature files... which I'm guessing is where the creatures come back from in case you change that registry entry.
I think it's just used as a backup in case the program crashes... someone with more time and skill might be able to find more about them.
I believe it does tell the program which creatures are yours, but it would not be an efficient, nor an easy, fix to use it.

Though, I really have absolutely no clue why Hydro's latest and oldest creatures would be returned, yet not the MIDDLE ones... I would think that it would be the latest OR oldest, but not both.... that's strange.

But as for a fix... the registry is the best we're gonna get until an official EA patch.

Offline Zamaza

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Daydreaming at Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2008, 06:16:26 pm »
I have had a similar (though on a small scale) issue to hydro. I am missing creatures made in a couple hour span, though I have ones I made before and after...

I have tried the registry fix and removing the files. Removing the files removes the 'invisible' files from being counted, but they do not show up.

:(

I could just remaking them...but I'm lazy..

Offline vbGamer

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2008, 06:47:18 pm »
I think the bug just hit me. It shows that there should be 4 creatures, but only 2 show up. I wanted to upload my Jilish (a gaseous floater with seperated limbs). My grape creature is missing, too.

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2008, 06:54:13 pm »
I would just like to say this is crap.

There I feel better.

:( Not really.

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2008, 07:19:28 pm »
I would just like to say this is crap.

There I feel better.

:( Not really.

It's annoying, but eh. You can still save all your creatures, upload them for the world to see, and do all that fun stuff. I think I've waited long enough that I can overlook something like this.

They'll have a patch out soon, I'm sure.  :)

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2008, 07:26:00 pm »
I just got done saving all my creatures (25) under my new spore log in, and they all disapereared when I relogged. dangit!

Offline Amayirot Akago

• Phoenix Fighter
  • RAARGH!! Gorulk SMASH!!
    • View Profile
How to import creatures back into the My Creations tab in the CC
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2008, 12:06:18 am »
Since there's plenty of people having problems getting their creatures to reappear in the My Creatures tab in the Creature Creator, here's a tutorial on how to get them to work again.

1. Before uninstalling the demo version, go to your My Spore Creations folder and make a backup of the Creatures folder.
2. Uninstall the demo, install the full version.
3. Move the backupped Creatures folder back into My Spore Creations.
4. Start the CC.
5. In the galaxy menu, choose Open Creature.
6. Choose one of your creatures and edit it.
7. Change the creature's name to a temporary one and save it.
8. Change the creature's name back to the original one and save it. Choose to replace it.
9. Click the red X in the bottom right.
10. Go to All Creatures view. There should be two versions of the creature you edited; delete the oldest one.
11. Do the same for all your other creatures.
12. Not absolutely necessary, but exit the CC, go to the Creatures folder and rename the PNG files to your creatures names.

So there you have it. Depending on how many creatures you have, it might take a while to perform, but at least it works.

I'd like to request this tutorial to be stickied for future reference.

Anime lover, gamer, and dreamer