Author Topic: DS? Check! ... Now what?  (Read 4074 times)

Offline DBCA

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
DS? Check! ... Now what?
« on: September 28, 2005, 06:58:04 pm »
OK, I went ahead and bought a Nintendo DS; it came with Mario 64 and I picked up a copy of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance on ebay. Now I find myself in a difficult situation. I have $110 of disposable income to liquidate, but what do I buy? I would get Advance Wars: Dual Strike (I loved the first one), but I already have FFTA. I could buy Meteos, though I have Lumines. I'm interested in Electroplankton, but its $50! I could get Burnout Legends for that much... What a conundrum! Any advice? Anything I ought to wait for? Any DS or recent GBA games you really love?

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
Re: DS? Check! ... Now what?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 03:05:08 am »
If you like a smooth running, high quality 2D adventure and exploration-based platformer with RPG features, grab a copy of Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow when it gets to your area.
Release is October 4.

Just a suggestion, because it's been the top thing on my mind lately.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 03:47:19 am »
My favorite GBA game was Harvet Moon: Friends of Mineral Town. Hours of play in that game.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 09:25:56 pm »
Get Advance Wars, i've played it on my friends DS and its awesome
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 11:48:52 pm »
Personally, I'd pre-order Mario Kart DS. It comes out fairly soon (11/14) and I pre-ordered it. Looks like it'll be a fantastic game, especially with its online play. But if you must absolutely have a game right now, Id say to get Meteos. Its actually quite different from Lumines, and tons of fun to play. I got this game back in June, and I still play it regularly.

So Id say to definitely check out Mario Kart DS or Meteos.  :)

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 02:36:12 pm »
My friend tells me that advance wars should have gotten an 11/10. It's the best game he's ever played.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline mini.boss

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 11:37:02 am »
My friend tells me that advance wars should have gotten an 11/10. It's the best game he's ever played.

That was probably a few weeks ago he said that. I felt similar but now that ive let the game sink in then im pretty bored with Advance Wars and especially Nintendogs. Its the same problem ive had with the DS since launch and that probably will happen with the Revolution. People get so psyched up by "coolness" or "innovation" that they overrate games and 3 weeks later they're back playing super mario world on the GBA.

I was going to buy a 2nd DS since the GF has been hogging it up. But she quit Nintendogs last week and we've been playing WarioWare and SMB games lately. So I'm thinking a Gameboy Micro is looking really good now...

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 03:49:10 pm »
So I'm thinking a Gameboy Micro is looking really good now...

May i ask y the hell u would buy something where the only good quality is the light up screen?

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 09:47:47 am »
What type of games do you like to play? Advance Wars is very good but if you don't like tactical combat you won't like that game.

Otherwise I would say you might want to wait a bit. Some really good games come out next month. The "big" ones are Mario Kart DS (11/14), Animal Crossing: Wild World (12/5), Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (11/28). I have played all three and they are all very good.

Personally I am waiting for Mari & Luigi as the first one was my all-time favorite game on the GameBoy Advance and the sequel looks even better (if that's possible!)
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline DBCA

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 02:41:45 pm »
I love turn based / real-time strategy (I'm still playing Civ III and ended up buying Advance Wars DS). I never played the original Animal Crossing or Mario & Luigi, though the latter will be the next RPG I buy since I'm knee deep in FFT right now. I've been following a quirky game called Truma Center: Under the Knife; it looks very promising but It seems to be slipping under the radar. As for Mario Kart, I can't wait!

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 03:26:29 pm »
Personally I am waiting for Mari & Luigi as the first one was my all-time favorite game on the GameBoy Advance and the sequel looks even better (if that's possible!)

I think my favorite was the Fire Emblems

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 09:06:27 pm »
That lawyer game is coming out soon and so is that doctor game. Everyone seems to like Nintendogs.

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2005, 03:00:40 pm »
Yeah, its called Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. It seems lik a cool game!

http://ds.ign.com/articles/657/657700p1.html