Author Topic: Necrox' 33 Creatures (UPDATE: Winged Stoy)  (Read 30624 times)

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
Necrox' 33 Creatures (UPDATE: Winged Stoy)
« on: June 15, 2008, 05:32:41 am »

(Click for larger version)
...yes I made these letters too :)

Hi all!
Here I will post my darlings as I create them. Feel free to comment along the way :) Oh and it doesn't have to be positive comments, as long as it's constructive criticism ;)

My very very first creature ever, created from the very first blob I was given the very first time I loaded the program (you get the idea):

The Butonidon #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFANbzkJtSg

The Butonidons are a mostly peaceful race, but they are very protective. They will not actively look for war and conflict, but if conflict is upon them you will find fierce and capable fighters defending their homes and families to the very end.
It takes time and effort to gain their trust, and you will not be welcomed into their tribe straight away. But if you are persistent, honourable and peaceful, your presence may be accepted in their territory eventually. And once they call you friend, you are also family.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 04:39:33 pm by Necrox »

Offline Ciddler

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
    • View Profile
    • My Spore!
Re: [CC] Necrox' Creatures
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 05:34:27 am »
The pink makes him appear less dangerous, which he may or may not be ;D

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 05:36:20 am »
The Slontinar #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elcVsHkjwOw

More exotic (otherworldly) than the Butonidon, but less focus on being cute and loveable. The focus here was to see if I could make something weird but still cool.
This friendly omnivore is not much of a hunter. Basically he only eats roadkill - whatever he stepped on by accident with his clumsy feet. He is dullwitted and fairly slow moving, but what he doesn't have in those departments, he makes up for in sheer height. His diet consists mainly of leaves and fruit - and creatures who might *look* like leaves or fruit. They often end up in gigantic fights with the Walking Tree, entirely by accident.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 07:01:35 am by Necrox »

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 05:39:35 am »
The pink makes him appear less dangerous, which he may or may not be ;D

Hehe yeah, he's a bit of a tricky bugger. He is definately not created to be a merciless killer but on the other hand, his looks and colour can be decieving. If he or his tribe is threatened, those arms can uproot a mature Orgon tree with ease - and you don't want to be where THAT lands ;)

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 09:40:29 am »
The Monoki #3

http://www.youtube.com/v/411fDK2OkoQ

The Monoki was supposed to be a cute, furry, small monopod. Sort of like a kangaroo rat with only one leg, in essence but not precisely. However, I completely forgot about the "small" until he was almost done and then it was too late :P Meh.

Monoki's are pack animals. They are omnivores and their diet consist of certain leaves, fruits and meat they can scavenge. They don't actively hunt, unless a very weak prey avails itself to a pack. Often they will instead attempt to overrun a larger predator who's taken down fresh prey, and scare it away with loud noise and great numbers. If the predator is persistent and they don't succeed however, they will rarely stand and fight but instead run away and leave a hidden scout to wait for the predator to finish. The scout will usually be the alpha, and he will call the rest if there is enough meat left for more than what he needs; he will however only take what he NEEDS, and leave the rest. If however there are pregnant individuals in the flock, he will often let them feast before him.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 07:02:23 am by Necrox »

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 11:10:24 am »
The Skroot #4

http://www.youtube.com/v/CqD8PKqzZDk

The skroot was inspired by the blast-ended skrewt of the Harry Potter books - or at least the name and idea of having the end of it be an exploding ball of toxic slime.
The scroot is a very large insectoid being. It will probably never evolve beyond the creature stage as it is already very evolved, but has no hands or grabbers. Scroots are carnivores and survive by being well camouflaged to blend into leafy, grassy underbrush. Should it be spotted by another larger carnivore, it relies on its many spikes and pointy spines to make it an unappetizing meal to would-be predators. If all else fails it can explode its "tail" in cloud of vile, toxic goo, which will cause intense pain and burn the attacker. The exploding backside is mostly a defensive mechanism. For hunting they will mainly use their strong and spiky mandibles as a weapon to lacerate or crush the prey.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 07:02:57 am by Necrox »

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 01:19:49 pm »
The Phatassosaurus #5

http://www.youtube.com/v/0wNyX9813eU

I don't have much description of the Phatassosaurus so far, but the idea was to make a big creature that would work as epic as well, and I think this one will... and the hatchlings are adorable! Awww ^^ (they're at the end of the video)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 07:03:18 am by Necrox »

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 02:50:32 pm »
The Deep Quinquepod #6

http://www.youtube.com/v/Hbj6lcVogRw

This is one freaky little thing. I just wanted to make something completely strange, so that's what I've done.
I've come to the conclusion that is must be a cold-blooded amphibian which lives deep down in caves with underwater lakes. It has huge eyes to catch any reflection created by the photophores in its partly bioluminescent skin. Much like a bat uses sonar, it uses bioluminescent flashes at regular intervals to illuminate the immediate surroundings in the caves and cool crystal clear water, in order to locate prey and navigate. It has little use for camouflage, as it is by far the largest predator in its environment and the light from it's bio-flashes also dazzle and disorient most prey in the lightless surroundings. Its tentacle grabber serves as a far reaching weapon and all-round tool.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 07:05:37 am by Necrox »

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 01:29:21 pm »
The Blot #7

http://www.youtube.com/v/d3Ie2-tdTHE

The Blot was born out of boredom. I just wanted to make something with the tiniest possible body, and which was a normal bipedal homanoid. Behold the result! Blot. I have no silly story for him. He is purple :p
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 07:06:18 am by Necrox »

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
Re: Necrox' Creatures (UPDATE: The Blot)
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 03:00:37 pm »
The Gritch #8

My first few attempts at making bugs were pretty pathetic, this one is a bit better than the rest so I've chosen to upload it :P
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 07:06:37 am by Necrox »

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
Re: Necrox' Creatures (UPDATE: The Gritch)
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 03:35:08 pm »
The Walking Tree #9

The Walking Tree is the granddaddy of walking sticks. Duh :P He's as tall as I could make him, so he's one of the larger creatures you can stumble across... or who can stumble across you, more likely.

Most of his day is spent standing still, simulating the local foliage. When they move their gigantic bodies, it is in slow, jerky movements much like chameleons. They will generally only move if in danger, breeding or feeding. Their diet consists mainly of photosynthesis and larger bug creatures and smaller creatures of all kinds who might walk between its legs. By standing still and absorbing the suns rays through its large "wings" (which in reality are more like solar panels and has no flight function), this coldblooded (sapped?) creature can conserve energy for days or weeks without meals. When one finally chances beneath it, it drops its massive weight in an instant, crushing or impaling the creature with its mandibles.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 07:07:11 am by Necrox »

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
Re: Necrox' Creatures (UPDATE: The Walking Tree)
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 03:39:11 pm »
The Dakkie #10

It's a space-duck. What more did you expect for a description? :P
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:54:13 am by Necrox »

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Necrox' Creatures (UPDATE: Dakkie)
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 04:15:04 pm »
The Gritch looks really scary. Your photos look great, nice quality. It's so much easier to see the creature in the larger photos.

gec05

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 04:17:09 pm »
Really great creatures you have here. ;D

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 04:21:55 pm »
Thank you both! ^^ The Gritch got popular as soon as I uploaded it, and I've gotten positive feedback on the Skroot as well (though that's the one I like the least myself). It seems people like creepy bugs? :p I prefer the more cutesy stuff myself, though I have seen some really awesome bugs other places as well.