Author Topic: Newton's Creatures  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Newton

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
Newton's Creatures
« on: June 14, 2008, 08:20:52 am »
So I got home pretty late last night, and after a pretty hard night of drinking I came up with something pretty good I think:

The idea behind the creature is that it hunts small vermin on the ground, but it wards off predators with it's brightly colored strips on it's belly and back. From the front, this creature can really only been seen by it's body, so all predators would see is something it shouldn't be eating.

I call it the Sobaci.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 08:27:47 am by Newton »

Offline Blissmaker

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
Re: Newton's Creatures
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 08:55:16 am »
So I got home pretty late last night, and after a pretty hard night of drinking I came up with something pretty good I think:

The idea behind the creature is that it hunts small vermin on the ground, but it wards off predators with it's brightly colored strips on it's belly and back. From the front, this creature can really only been seen by it's body, so all predators would see is something it shouldn't be eating.

I call it the Sobaci.

I like how you actually have a reason for the wierd spine structure. I think it looks awesome.

Offline KL0k

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 09:06:18 am »
i like the combination of the colours. like these stripes on the back of a gecco

Offline Newton

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 09:46:32 am »
Here's an image to give you an idea of it's frontal profile, as you can see, it's bright colors is all a predator would see, but a prey wouldn't see it's mouth until it's too late.

Hmm, just noticed the bug of the baby having no head... awesome!

Here's a better picture of it from the side.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 09:50:06 am by Newton »