Author Topic: List of deleted Precambrian sporepedia creatures (will be updated)  (Read 4868 times)

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
This is a ROUGH list of the creatures that have been deleted from sporepedia *prior* to the public release of the CC. There are a few missing but for the most part they are here.

Use at your own risk, there is no way for us to tell why they were deleted, or for what reason, if any. Some may be inappropriate, broken, etc. Hard to tell at this point the reason most are gone.

( <<<< This is only slightly different from an existing one.)

If anyone knows what ones I am missing, please share so we can add it to this list.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 08:53:23 am by Fledgeling »

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
  • 40 Years Of Pop-culture
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site
I see why it's a good idea to keep this a separate thread, you keep tabs on the missing content while the other just keeps tabs on everything in general.

Be sure to have a link handy for the missing stuff if folks want to acquire it themselves.
Or just put the images them selves here and folks can right click them and save them.

Good to mention that theses may not be supported too, we won't know 'till we have the SCC.

Anyway to find out if your list is missing any I suggest getting the next Precambrian update as soon as I'm done compiling it.

- W -
* I do it 3 times during the day, once in the morning, once at noon and once in the evening *

Offline Jaleho

• Stargate Superstar
  • The Infamous El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Inflatable Studios
Do we know if it's possible for a creator to remove one of their own creatures from the sporepedia THEMSELVES?

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
This is a ROUGH list of the creatures that have been deleted from sporepedia *prior* to the release of the CC.

Doesn't there have to have been something released if something is prior to it?

Or am i just stupid and reading it wrong?
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site
^ Maxis made creatures on the 'pedia..... ^

As they're the only ones who have it currently.

- W -
* Just a heads up mind you *

Offline google_video_fan

• Revenging Yar
  • The video that started it all...
    • View Profile
    • http://othersite.org
That bike is just... woah..

Imagine a tribe of bikes raiding your village...

i'm a fan of the GDC 2005 Spore video on Google Videos...

http://othersite.org <- my site

Offline Absinth

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Check out my creatures on the sporepedia
Or an epic bike rolling over your city.
Spore has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men.

My sporepedia page
My gamingsteve creature page

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
I see why it's a good idea to keep this a separate thread, you keep tabs on the missing content while the other just keeps tabs on everything in general.

Be sure to have a link handy for the missing stuff if folks want to acquire it themselves.
Or just put the images them selves here and folks can right click them and save them.

Good to mention that theses may not be supported too, we won't know 'till we have the SCC.

Anyway to find out if your list is missing any I suggest getting the next Precambrian update as soon as I'm done compiling it.

- W -
* I do it 3 times during the day, once in the morning, once at noon and once in the evening *

Thanks!
These are all the creature files themselves, so a simple “save image as” will work on them, I think.

Only thing is I wonder if maxis knew something we didn’t when they removed some. So these are defiantly not supported  :-\

Doesn't there have to have been something released if something is prior to it?

Or am i just stupid and reading it wrong?

Nah, I should have made that "public release". I think I will change that now.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
Waheey, I only just saw Toejam there. Man that brings back memories.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
Waheey, I only just saw Toejam there. Man that brings back memories.

My brother wanted to do ToeJam. I wonder when we're gonna get an Earl. As long as no one recreates The Dentist, or the Boogeyman. I hated those Earthlings. Oh and Cupids. Cupids were evil. *TRA LA LA*
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
Re: List of deleted Precambrian sporepedia creatures (will be updated)
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 07:40:30 pm »
Only thing is I wonder if maxis knew something we didn’t when they removed some. So these are defiantly not supported  :-\

Remember, though, that this is a big testing phase for them. Are the creatures really being deleted because there's something "wrong" with them, or because they are testing the content deletion system? I'd like to point out that one of the usernames that got its only two creatures deleted was something like, "throwawayspore," which would lead me to believe that the name existed specifically to have its content attempt to be filtered out.

Same thing with the similar creatures being uploaded by two different users. Weird mistake, or trying to test an "original content protection" filter? Or the creature that was uploaded twice under the same name, one with a slight change. Trying to test some "update this creature" option that they haven't nailed down yet, perhaps?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 07:41:00 pm »
Maybe we should have a topic with all of the creatures in one. Like a full version of Sporepedia.

Like a topic that would be locked and stickied which would add a page each day full of spore creatures.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 07:46:04 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 07:47:17 pm »
Maybe we should have a topic with all of the creatures in one. Like a full version of Sporepedia.

I think this will do 'till the actual release day of the SCC, then we should sort all of this stuff out.

Now if there were other forums to sort all this and to store all of this that would cut down on the traffic in '"General" then we'd be happy to put this stuff where it belongs.

Now a forum named SPOREPEDIA would do the trick.

- W -
* Hopefully Steve and the others are thinking about this or have this planned already *

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 07:50:20 pm »

I think this will do 'till the actual release day of the SCC, then we should sort all of this stuff out.

Now if there were other forums to sort all this and to store all of this that would cut down on the traffic in '"General" then we'd be happy to put this stuff where it belongs.

Now a forum named SPOREPEDIA would do the trick.

- W -
* Hopefully Steve and the others are thinking about this or have this planned already *

Just make one sticky / locked topic where you add a post each day. It would not be too hard to work backwards of what we already have.

For instance ...

June 6th = Squalanon
June 7th = None
June 8th = Losstrich to DigglyPiggly
June 9th = Mike to Stripe
June 10th = Ian to Pierre
June 11th = Colin to Bendoclese
June 12th = Rom to ?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 08:02:03 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 08:02:18 pm »
One better.

What I'll do is break it down into 100, seeing as there's 300 + files that'll be 3 posts.

Then if we break 400, then a 4th post, and so on.

Would that work as well ?

- W -
* Pondering *