Author Topic: Target Exclusive downloads with Creature Creator. Internet Connection Required?  (Read 4454 times)

Offline Petreak

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Petreak's Graphics and Stuff!
Well, I was walking through Target a few minutes ago and saw a sign for the Creature Creator coming on the 19th (yes, they have it listed for the 19th). What caught my eye was the part about Exclusive Creature Downloads, so I took out my camera phone and snapped a couple of pictures. I just got home and looked at the pictures and noticed a small bit of text I missed while at Target. "Internet Connection Required For Gameplay". Uh, what the heck is that about? I thought you could play without having to be connected to the Internet? Did they remove that from Spore, but left it in the Creature Creator? This has me concerned.
Are we going to go through all this again? I hope not.
I took the pictures to show off the bit about Exclusive Creatures and the $5 off of Spore, but after seeing the Internet Required part, it changes my whole post.

Here are the pictures below that I took.

"No matter where you go, there you are."

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
Not sure what they can make an 'exclusive' download...Target and Wal-Mart are horrid with cons to try and get you to buy from them.   >:(

I would not worry about the internet thing, hell they got the date wrong also.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
Online is needed to register Spore, after that it can be turned off and you no longer need it, except for the Sporepedia obviously.

Target is full of crap.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
  • 40 Years Of Pop-culture
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site
"Exclusive my tail !"

Bet ya' they don't have Bikey like WE do.

- W -
* smirks *

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
What are they going to give? And exclusive creature? That seems kinda dumb.

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
But from the picture it does look like they are offering a $5 coupon on the retail.  Shrug. 

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
I hope that's not why they removed that stuff from the Sporepedia.

Uh oh, I'm starting a wacky conspiracy theory again, but... I bet that only people who buy from Target'll get the full creature creator.  How about we sue them?
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Orly

• Mystery House Madman
  • Read This Post, its probably annoying!
    • View Profile
i seriously dont believe so/ hope not. i paid $10.87 for mine, and i doubt that EA would allow one company to monopolize on this

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Even if those "exclusive" creatures were the ones removed, me and Woulfe got them all so it would be pointless :P
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Werechicken

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
It would be pointless to make exclusive creatures as someone could just copy them in 5 seconds, maybe it's an extra part?
What have you got against intellectual midgets? They're quite smart little guys as far as i can tell.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
It would be pointless to make exclusive creatures as someone could just copy them in 5 seconds, maybe it's an extra part?

That wouldn't be pointless, that would be just plain evil & stupid and I would be pissed.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
I was planning on getting it from Target, so I'll keep you guys posted.   ;)

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site

Let's be evil like and request you post the 'Exclusive' critters here and we'll happily re-distribute them over the 'net for free ;)

They wanna play in this sandbox they better be ready to get dirty.....

- W -
* smirks *

Offline SouledOne

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Souled

Let's be evil like and request you post the 'Exclusive' critters here and we'll happily re-distribute them over the 'net for free ;)

- W -
* smirks *

Heh, it's probably just a big round creature that looks like the Target symbol  :P

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site

- W -
* smirks *

Heh, it's probably just a big round creature that looks like the Target symbol  :P

LAME, we'll pass if it's that, don't need no walking corporate logos in our games really.

Deal with enough of that garbage in real life as it is.

Now in something Like SimCity or The Sims it's fine as it simulates reality to a degree.

Spore is more Sci-Fi / Fantasy like then those two.

- W -
* We shall see *

- W -