Author Topic: WALL-E  (Read 24889 times)

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
Re: WALL-E
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2008, 05:59:20 pm »
More movie talk; less global warming please.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2008, 06:58:47 pm »
I think this movie is evilly green.  It'll probably convert a few children to the evil Al Gore Church.  So I'm not going to watch it.

It just uses the age-old future theme of the fact that, if we keep making landfills at the same rate as we do and don't watch our population, Earth WILL end up a giant landfill. So unless you're oscar the grouch and want earth to look like Raxus Prime, don't talk about what you don't understand.

Isn't "evilly green" an oxymoron?

Being green is as evil as the neverending story is neverending, or as final fantasy is final. :P

ANYWAY

This movie does look fun. Pixar is always good at silent humor. Disney/Pixar movies are the only disney films I'll watch these days (bad musical numbers, too much corny humor. Pixar has much better writers).
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2008, 07:01:43 pm »
Wonder what roles humans have in this film
Active roles I mean, not spoken of off screen.

The only one I've seen was the security guard guy in the trailer. There has to be more, but judging the robots present more emphasis will be on them rather then the human population.

Oh and has anyone noticed that Wall-E's head bares a striking resemblance to Lenny the Binoculars from Toy Story series?
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2008, 07:25:26 pm »

The only one I've seen was the security guard guy in the trailer. There has to be more, but judging the robots present more emphasis will be on them rather then the human population.

Oh and has anyone noticed that Wall-E's head bares a striking resemblance to Lenny the Binoculars from Toy Story series?

I thought they looked familiar!

BTW; the silky anteater

Aww look, he's threatening us.  :D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 07:30:49 pm by Logan Felipe »
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2008, 10:58:24 pm »

I agree, and I liked Lenny. He was so goddamn toyish and to my three-year old eyes, he fit perfectly. He was my fourth favorite character of Toy Story, after Woody,Rex and Mr.PotatoHead.

I loved that movie so much. I still have the tape somewhere.

On the subject of WALL-E: It looks good. I'll go see it. Maybe drag my brother along, just to torment him.
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2008, 01:15:32 pm »
I don't care what age this movies is aimed for, or what subjects it subtly deals with. I think that this movie looks funny.
Kings 2:23-24 --- The Holy Bible
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youth.

Offline Sporegonian

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2008, 02:37:02 am »
Just saw the midnight showing of this.  Fantastic, I really couldn't stop smiling.  Except when you realize that it's a very possible future for our planet...

But you can always count on the D/P team to bring home a great one. 

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2008, 10:36:53 am »
Just saw the midnight showing of this.  Fantastic, I really couldn't stop smiling.  Except when you realize that it's a very possible future for our planet...

But you can always count on the D/P team to bring home a great one. 

The funny thing is, D/P films are mostly made by pixar - disney doesn't have too much of a hand in them. e.g., if you watch the special features of, say, the incredibles, they show pixar people talking about the story they created.

And come to think of it, that's probably why D/P films are better than Disney films: Pixar has way better and more imaginative writers. D/P films are the only Disney films I'll watch anymore ( And after all, D/P films don't have lame musicals like the post Walt ones ;) ).
Fanfic!

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2008, 01:18:08 pm »
I think this movie is evilly green.  It'll probably convert a few children to the evil Al Gore Church.  So I'm not going to watch it.

Just saw it today. It is.

I like Wall-E the character, but the movie was too heavy handed.

Here are some key points the movie hits you over the head with:

• People (What I interpret as: Americans) are fat, lazy, and stupid
  • Corporations are evil (The moon bit)
  • If we don't stop now we are DOOOOOOMED

It's ok if like your global warming church, but please don't force your views on me.

Someone will most likely post and say that global warming is fact, I just don't want to believe , bla bla bla.
Go ahead and think you are better then me because you are green, and I am not.

That's all I wanted to say, I'm not coming back to this thread just so I can be flamed. Good day to you.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2008, 01:24:22 pm »
But climate change is science, damn it!

Interesting criticisms, though. I'll still probably end up seeing it eventually.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Sporegonian

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2008, 03:29:24 pm »
WALL-E has absolutely nothing to do with global warming, so that can all stop.  It's over-consumption creating waste and pollution that makes Earth inhospitable for life- that's why WALL-E robots are there to clean up the mess. 

But I guess you shouldn't see it if you're afraid of being told that your presence can have a negative effect on the planet based on the way we choose to live our lives and consume resources. 

I think the movie gives a great message- the Earth is fragile and should be cherished, not exploited and taken for granted.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2008, 04:43:53 pm »
I saw the movie today and loved it. The part in Space reminded me of Spore. :D I give it 4 Naucean thumbs up (since they have 4).

I also thought M-O the little floor cleaning robot was very funny. Also I have no idea how they made a cockroach cute but they did.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 04:53:16 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2008, 06:00:24 pm »
It's ok if like your global warming church, but please don't force your views on me.

No-one is forcing views on you. By that merit I might as well lambast the Narnia films because I don't believe in Jesus.
"Foist not your views on me CS Lewis! How dare you infect my brain with this rot you call christianity! BAH!"
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2008, 07:01:57 pm »

No-one is forcing views on you. By that merit I might as well lambast the Narnia films because I don't believe in Jesus.
"Foist not your views on me CS Lewis! How dare you infect my brain with this rot you call christianity! BAH!"

Chronicles of Narnia = Harry Potter for Super-Religious people who won't let their kids read/watch harry potter. :P

BTW; fun fact: CS Lewis is a former atheist; somehow he unlearned genetics class and became an anti-darwinist. :P
Fanfic!

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Behold! The fanhorn from the planet Snaiad.
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2008, 08:47:03 pm »
I came back from the theaters.

I loved it. It warmed my heart, and it made me cry on the way home.

I repeat, I loved it. I thought it was very cute, as well as funny.
Ichthyostega