5 (10.9%)
WHAT THE !@^#*$!
19 (41.3%)
actually, i am excited!
2 (4.3%)
meh...
17 (37%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: AH! THE PAIN!  (Read 9187 times)

Offline Werechicken

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: AH! THE PAIN!
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2008, 10:58:09 am »
It says live action/ animation.

I'm guessing the Smurfs will be CG and everyone else will be live action. I'm thinking the story will involve a little blonde boy and a little blonde girl finding the smurfs and then unsuccessfully trying to keep them a secret from their parents. You know the plot I'm talking about 

It saddens me greatly to know that you're probably 100% correct.
What have you got against intellectual midgets? They're quite smart little guys as far as i can tell.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 04:12:39 pm »
and Gargamel will probably be reimagined as a greedy industrialist that wants to dump a bunch of toxic waste on the smurf forest or build a factory there or something, and little blonde children will help the smurfs and they'll end up fighting back and beating CEO Gargamel somehow even though legal precedent is on his side and all that happened was he got beaten up by a couple of kids which should be on their way to juvie if it was set in the real world.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2008, 05:09:42 pm »
This is like how they are re-doing Adventures in Babysitting.  Honestly, why? I'm already boycotting that.

they're out of ideas. :P

that's why they remade Journey to the center of the earth, too. :(
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2008, 05:33:22 pm »
Why don't they make a live-action movie out of something like Calvin and Hobbes?
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2008, 05:42:07 pm »
Why don't they make a live-action movie out of something like Calvin and Hobbes?

Because the garfiled one worked so well.  I think comics like that would work better in a TV series setting.  I used to love the garfield cartoon when I was a kid. And the Dilbert cartoon wasn't bad either.  Right now the big thing is to remake or make movies based on popular 80's  toys/cartoons. Which is why we're seeing the smurfs.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2008, 05:48:25 pm »

Because the garfiled one worked so well.  I think comics like that would work better in a TV series setting.  I used to love the garfield cartoon when I was a kid. And the Dilbert cartoon wasn't bad either.  Right now the big thing is to remake or make movies based on popular 80's  toys/cartoons. Which is why we're seeing the smurfs.

I agree.

I agree.

Speaking of bad movies, ever watched Mystery Science Theatre 3000?  :D

"I'll send him cheesy movies; the worst that I can find!" - MST3k theme.

The commentary is the best. I think Futurama actually made a reference to this show in an episode (the one where bender accidentally KOs that fighting robot in the movie theatre?).

EDIT:
It says live action/ animation.

I'm guessing the Smurfs will be CG and everyone else will be live action. I'm thinking the story will involve a little blonde boy and a little blonde girl finding the smurfs and then unsuccessfully trying to keep them a secret from their parents. You know the plot I'm talking about  :P
E.T.? The Indian in the cupboard?
?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 05:55:11 pm by Logan Felipe »
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).