Author Topic: Donnie Darko  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
Donnie Darko
« on: June 22, 2008, 01:17:28 pm »
I saw this movie for the first time last night, and after it was done I went promptly to facebook and put it in my favorites. It was awesome. If you get a chance, rent it!

Kings 2:23-24 --- The Holy Bible
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youth.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
Re: Donnie Darko
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 01:37:26 pm »
Yes, very good movie. Amazing.

Would now be a bad time to say they are making a sequal/spinoff (depends who you ask) called  S. Darko. 
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 02:47:48 pm »
Samantha Darko? That completely, forgive my language, pisses on the whole idea of the rarity of what happened to Donnie, for it to happen to him was tremendously random. In "The Philosophy of Time Travel" it says "Incidents when the Fourth Dimension becomes corrupted are incredibly rare." So, for to happen twice and coincidently to siblings within such a small period of time contradicts the original movie. Plus if they use Frank as the antagonist-like character, it would make no sense, as the Manipulated Dead are content once the artifact is returned to it's position within the Primary Universe, and the Tangent Universe is closed, also the Manipulated Dead are exclusive to each Tangent Universe. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 03:00:12 pm by Draugr »
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youth.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 07:04:13 pm »
No, I know exactly what your saying.  The plot summary really worries me.
The story picks up seven years after the first film when little sister Samantha Darko and her best friend Corey are now 18 and on a roadtrip to Los Angeles when they are plagued by bizarre visions.

Now I'm usually a fan of sequals. But there are some movies that shouldn't be tampered with. They were fine, don't remake them, don't make a sequal, just don't touch them. And Donnie Darko is one of those films where you just shouldn't touch it.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 01:36:49 am »
Just to say, S. Darko isn't going to be about a Tangent Universe, it's actually about the results and affects of Donnies weird and mysterious death, and what it has done to his family. There is of cource a supernatural part to it, but as far as I know it is a result of what happened to Donnie.

Also, Frank will be in it.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 08:08:11 pm »
Mmm, I'm gonna see it for sure, whether I will like or not I don't know.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 12:39:04 am »
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a99663/actress-defends-darko-sequel.html

We just come back [in time] and change what happened in the first one," she said

No good can come of this.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 01:28:31 am »
I just had a weird thought, what if the events in S Darko caused the events in Donnie Darko.

Paradox!

And the paradox is what corrupted Donnie's universe!
No way dude, you're trolling me.