Author Topic: CosmicD had some new videos.  (Read 2068 times)

Offline DoggySpew

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
CosmicD had some new videos.
« on: August 23, 2008, 11:16:20 am »
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=13823.msg596030#msg596030

I'm discussing it in a new topic, since I don't want to clutter the archive created.
First up: Cell determines if you are a carnivore, herbivore, or omnivore (we already knew that), but the creature stage determines if you are a "sociable" or a "predator" (And in between) REGARDLESS of you being a carnivore or herbivore. So you can be determined a "predator" even if you are a herbivore. This is neat, since you are definitely not  attached to your mouthpieces. This would make my own creature better, since I'm planning to be a very aggressive herbivore.

Now, secondly, I'm getting a bit irked because the in game creature editor is not used to its creative extent in showcases. Everytime they show it, they just slap a part on and make that the new evolution of the creature. How imaginative [/sarcasm].
No, this is what I'm gonna do:  Create a timeline where every evolutionary step goes like this here :

I've already done this with the CC a bit :

Change the posture, lengthened the spine over time (Or shorten it) but at least make the change logical in a evolutionary sense. That is how I at least will approach Creature stage. (Of course, you lot can do whatever the hell you want  :P )

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/DoggySpew

7 Gold, 5 Silver, 4 Bronze on the Olympics.

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
Re: CosmicD had some new videos.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 11:19:11 am »
hehe, and I just always have the feeling not to clutter the topcis, but . well ok, idd i foundthese tonight. They are informative in this way that you get to learn a bit more about consequences when you act out as a certain way of life in the game.

Offline vbGamer

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 02:12:43 pm »
I've done something similar, too, but I only have the demo, so it's 100% carnivore.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 09:03:01 pm »
I did something similar as well with my Minim creatures.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley