Author Topic: New SPORE Creature Creator - 06/03/08  (Read 21157 times)

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
Re: New SPORE Creature Creator - 06/03/08
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2008, 03:40:48 pm »
I did like the eye on the tip of the nose.

It was a nose. It was in the Sensory category.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline SporeGames

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2008, 03:45:13 pm »
Another lack-luster video showing some nice limitations.

Blasphemy!

Offline Anony

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 04:19:58 pm »
...who knows.  Eveyone's creation is their own and cool in some way.  If people's attitudes will be like "That sucks" I fear for the Sporepedia comunity. :(

Not to be argumentative, but I'd be far more concerned for the sporepedia comunity if people adopted the "everything is special, yay!" approach that your suggesting.  I'd like to see things that are unique and best represent the potential of the game engine get the high praise.  I'm hoping "decent" work that is cliche / unoriginal sinks to the bottom.

I want some videos that better showcase the game's potential... but we're only 2 weeks away from messing around on our own so I'm going to wait patiently.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2008, 04:23:54 pm »
@JakeCourtney - Every single post you make you make a comment on how crappy the game or the editor are because of x or because of y, seriously either stop doing that or go away, you're looking more and more like a troll who comes here just to diss people by saying that a game they've been waiting for for years is gonna suck in every aspect. Let me put it nice and clear, if you don't like it, say it all at once and then shut up forever about how the game looks so bad to you.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2008, 04:59:08 pm »
I'll probably just carry on what I've been doing, but thanks for your concern.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2008, 05:00:24 pm »
I'll probably just carry on what I've been doing, but thanks for your concern.

I'm not concerned at all, if you carry on the moderators will notice what you're doing and then you're their problem, not ours.

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2008, 05:09:32 pm »
Considering I'm not doing anything wrong.  Simply voicing my opinion from a view point of pessimist.  It's a problem that most of you guys are Sims fans, so your more than likely soft.

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2008, 05:13:20 pm »
Considering I'm not doing anything wrong.  Simply voicing my opinion from a view point of pessimist.  It's a problem that most of you guys are Sims fans, so your more than likely soft.

Speaking your opinion is fine, insulting others is not.

Seriously, I know your not interested in making friends, it's the internet for goodness sakes...but be respectful please.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2008, 05:14:07 pm »
Actually, I don't play Sims/Sims 2 that much other than for designing houses. What I'm trying to say is that you can't expect people to be friendly when you come on a fan forum just to literally piss people off by "insulting" a game that they've been waiting for a long time. So my question is: if you don't like the game, why are you here?

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2008, 05:16:22 pm »
I tell ya everyone is making humans or dragons ... *big sigh*

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2008, 05:17:44 pm »
Hydro has spoken, I was right.

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

gec05

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2008, 05:24:35 pm »
Well not everyone is as creative as you Hydro. Just let them do what they like, at least it isn't a giant penis.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2008, 05:26:41 pm »
Would have been more interesting and funnier too, imagine if that guy had the guts to make a penis creature xD

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Lurker28

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
    • Ordus inferi - Age of Conan Guild
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2008, 05:28:02 pm »

I do agree that Jakes perspective is no worse then those people who believe spore will take out their damn trash for them and have their children. Is just on the literal opposite spectrum as those people.

I fall in between, but I am more spore fan boy then moderate...I believe that spore is going to be a revolutionary change. I have a lot of history making games (currently working on a game similar to that of sins of solar empire....just in our spare time), and in my eyes from that perspective I think it will be amazing.

However, I know that the Sims was a great step in the right direction for gaming as a social medium....I hated it, I could not stand the game at all. This does not mean I do not appreciate what the Sims franchise has done for gaming, it just means it is not the type of game play I find extremely appealing. All in all, Jake is just voicing his overly pessimistic opinion like the over optimistic fanboys on these forums. They are pretty much two sides of the same coin.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2008, 05:28:47 pm »
Would have been more interesting and funnier too, imagine if that guy had the guts to make a penis creature xD

Flaccid or Rigid? I suppose it would take more guts to create a flaccid penis creature. You could call them the Sinep.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley