Author Topic: King for a Day  (Read 10525 times)

Offline Serdun

• Revenging Yar
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
King for a Day
« on: June 01, 2008, 08:32:58 pm »
I'll try to keep this short and sweet. There's already been much discussion on this theme over in the Religion thread, and most broad discussion topics tend to devolve into a debate similar to this anyway.

GSers are clearly a very opinionated bunch; we seem to have all the solutions to the world's problems, but we can't agree on exactly what the solutions are. So, people of Gaming Steve, here's your chance to shine. If, for one day, you were appointed Grand Ruler of Earth, what would you do? What changes would you try to make? What specific actions would you take to improve your new world-wide empire?

To start us off on a narrower point:
You've just inherited the Worldwide Throne, and, along with it, all the world's military capabilities. Now's your chance! If you could nuke one part of the world, where would it be?

Yes. Of course.

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: King for a Day
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 08:47:48 pm »
There is no point in nuking anything. All your doing is making a very large area uninhabitable for a very long time and possibly destroying several species of wildlife.
But if I had to choose, Russia, not all of it just a small part, somewhere far away from everything.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 09:27:51 pm »
If I had to nuke one part of the world... I would say North Korea. I mean... I feel sorry for the people that live their but the poor saps are literally worshipping their leader as a god. I think it's better to put them our of their misery than let them spread their twisted cult... Of course, thats if I HAD to nuke a part of the world. If I was given the choice to nuke a part of the world or not, I propably would say no.
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 09:28:42 pm »
I'd probably nuke Al Queda HQ.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 09:31:44 pm »
I doubt they have a headquarters.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 10:08:02 pm »
...and even if they did we wouldnt know where it was and if we did know where it was the U.S. Generally would have bombed it into flat ground at the start of the Afgan war already.

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
    • If silence is golden, then my house is pyrite
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 10:31:01 pm »
I would devote my resources into 5 sectors. I would have a kind of 1984 government.

The first will the ministry of acceptance: Primary task is to use propaganda to get people to STFU and accept each other. This involves the destruction of all things patriotic to one's sexuality and or race. No more kkk race marches, no more gay parades, no more anything that gets people angry; no more pride for anything except their glorious leader and fellow being.

The second would be the ministry of reproduction. Primary task: To increase how many people are on the planet, and ready them to expand off the planet and fill the barracks for future troops. Motherhood and fatherhood would be the exemplar to people. women would be eligible to be payed a government wage for motherhood. Father's who abandon would be shot (damn losers). Those who wish not to have kids, so be it, live happily. But propaganda and money should suave most people into reproduction. (and more people for my glorious "peace keepers". Abortions would still be allowed, but the fetus would be saved into a device so that ever more future soldiers may be bred artificially.

3rd is the ministry of plenty. Primary Task: feed the masses. Underground farms would be built to allow more usability off of farmland. Genetically altered plants would be grown super fast. Trees would be mixed with bamboo DNA to allow rapid growth of wood. homes would be built for the poor, no one would be without.

4th is ministry of work. Primary task: to use people to their greatest usability. Research how to mine the moon and other planets. Any without a job will be found a job for.

5th is ministry of power. Primary task: to ensure energy for the masses. Mine the moon and convert helium into hydrogen. Beam the energy down to Earth for global power array. Every car, every home, every electronic device will have a satellite dish for which to beam wireless power to through tesla coils and the likes.

The people will have unlimited freedom up until it limits another's freedom. My Authorita will be over regional governors for each continent, who each shall rule the continent in a world wide democracy, each continent with its own democracy.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 10:33:32 pm by Robertbobby91 »
Visit my blog: http://robertbobby91.blogspot.com/

SAT: Critical Reading: 680 Math: 720,  Writing: 690,  essay: 12
WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 05:51:47 am »
All your doing is making a very large area uninhabitable for a very long time

You mean like... Hiroshima or Nagasaki?

Also, Bobby, they'd have unlimited freedom up until they bother you, too. You'd also have a monster of a time coming up with education for this system. What if people didn't want this system?

As for where I'd bomb... Um... Well, nowhere, but if I have to pick somewhere, I'd pick parts of Eastern Europe like Scandanavia and such. Lower their population and give them a reason to stop coming to England and the rest of the EU and f***ing things up...
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 06:23:02 am »
I'd nuke the **** out of america. that way the whole global economy would be shattered.

I'd make millions selling lemonades!

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 06:34:24 am »
As for where I'd bomb... Um... Well, nowhere, but if I have to pick somewhere, I'd pick parts of Eastern Europe like Scandanavia and such. Lower their population and give them a reason to stop coming to England and the rest of the EU and f***ing things up...

Excuse me, what has Scandinavia ever done to you?

Offline Henqix

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 06:39:04 am »
I'd nuke this thread since nothing good seems to come from it.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 06:39:24 am »
I think you'll find Scandinavia is actually northern Europe.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 06:39:37 am »
leave it great distance. . . . .

its just a bit of ignorance. he thinks scandanavia is eastern like poland.
Never mind your own business.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 06:42:49 am »
if i would be king i would give my title to someone much smarter then me cause all i would do is screw everything up ::)

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 06:50:46 am »
if you mean that then thats a sign of mental health.

revel in that for a while.
Never mind your own business.