Author Topic: Mos Eisley Cantina, Spore-Style? (possible multiplayer concept)  (Read 2139 times)

Offline skewedjester

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • The Book of Jester holds the truth...usually.
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
Since I wanted to contribute something to this forum besides a random comment here and there, I thought up an idea that hasn't been discussed before (to my knowledge). If it's popular, let's hope the Spore team hears of it and implements it in a future expansion. :)

Anyway, it all started when I heard "Copacabana" on the radio. That immediately brought to mind the parody, "Star Wars Cantina". And, since I'm obsessed with Spore and always have it on my mind to some degree, my thoughts stumbled onto the concept of the Spore Cantina.

Essentially, it's an interactive chat room, or a single location in an MMORPG. It's a cantina (duh), either on a planet or a space station, where all races can gather to socialize. Players could log in with their chosen creature, meet other players, and talk, play darts, drink, maybe engage in a barroom brawl, whatever.

I just think it would be so awesome to have an in-game location where you can directly show off your creature to others, all the while interacting with theirs. It would be a perfect roleplaying opportunity. Players could even contribute to it in interesting ways, like inventing drinks, maybe composing background music, stuff like that.

Anyone else have any interest in this concept?

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
Re: Mos Eisley Cantina, Spore-Style? (possible multiplayer concept)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 04:25:28 pm »
How about it's a function of the Sporepedia?  Maybe it's unlocked at the CENTER OF THE GALAXY?
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline 0goober0

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 05:07:12 pm »
I think this is a great idea :D
since there's no real way to have true spore multiplayer, something like this sounds great. It could be like a chatroom (expanding on your idea). You could invite friends to private "chatrooms" to socialize and maybe challenge each other to mini games. Or you could choose from a couple public servers to go into.

Offline skewedjester

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 05:16:09 pm »
How about it's a function of the Sporepedia?  Maybe it's unlocked at the CENTER OF THE GALAXY?

I don't know. Can it compete with the Restaurant at the End of the Universe?  ;)

It WOULD be an interesting thing to find at the center, though...a gathering point of those seeking the great Mystery.

I think this is a great idea :D
since there's no real way to have true spore multiplayer, something like this sounds great. It could be like a chatroom (expanding on your idea). You could invite friends to private "chatrooms" to socialize and maybe challenge each other to mini games. Or you could choose from a couple public servers to go into.

Exactly! I never even thought of private rooms. Good one.

Hey, maybe there could be UFO racing, too? People in the bar could place bets.

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
  • 40 Years Of Pop-culture
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 05:21:22 pm »
This would be a cool mini-game idea.

Have alotta folks make different critters and put them into a chat room type environment called #SPORE Cantina perhaps ?

This sounds like fun actually.

- W -
* Who'll be busy in about 19 days or so creating alotta stuff *

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 05:25:45 pm »
I dont know... there is no way to control the content and 'drinks' would certainly be out considering the ages involved. Nah, no 'second life' or chatroom. There would be no way to predict the community... the sims online was will's only venture into true online in-game experience and do you know what people did in it? Sex and virtual prostitution! A spore bar setting would be... similar. Hey baby, does the Smilax want a drink?

Offline KL0k

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 05:31:50 pm »
this is a singleplayer game - get over it.  :P

Offline skewedjester

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 05:35:32 pm »
I dont know... there is no way to control the content and 'drinks' would certainly be out considering the ages involved. Nah, no 'second life' or chatroom. There would be no way to predict the community... the sims online was will's only venture into true online in-game experience and do you know what people did in it? Sex and virtual prostitution! A spore bar setting would be... similar. Hey baby, does the Smilax want a drink?

Hmm. You have a point. It would be even worse, with virtual prostitutes that could be giant genitalia. Maybe a gathering place with no chat?

this is a singleplayer game - get over it.  :P

Doesn't mean I can't exercise a little creativity to think about how to expand the sense of community.  :P

Offline 0goober0

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 05:46:47 pm »
I'm thinking mini games that you can challenge people to and also some that just start every so often and you can sign up and as soon as there's enough people it starts. For example you could challenge someone to a 1v1 fight or you could sign up for a 20 person creature last creature standing battle. When you win mini games you could win some kind of credits, or you win dna/spice/food for single player mode.

I had some other ideas but I can't seem to remember them any more :P

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 05:47:58 pm »
They could put in paintball gun fights in first-person-mode.  Heh, you could get your blood Spore dreams by using the red paintballs.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.