Author Topic: SPORE Create Creatures (New Video)  (Read 6473 times)

Offline rob

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
    • MySporePage.com
SPORE Create Creatures (New Video)
« on: May 28, 2008, 08:42:05 pm »
New video just uploaded to youtube long version.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TxyyBgmiJI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TxyyBgmiJI</a>

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: SPORE Create Creatures (New Video)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 08:55:12 pm »
FIRST! ;D

Thanks.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 09:02:42 pm »
Seriously... enough with the shameless promotion at the end of the videos. If you have to do it, at least do it all in one from without the cheesy transitions. Jeez.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 09:04:46 pm »
I have to agree with him ^

Yes, we know you uploaded them to youtube but we also know the videos are yours, when I upload a video to youtube that's not mine I don't stick my name or my website everywhere :P

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 09:08:25 pm »
At least invest in Watermarking or indicating that you got it from another site. A lot of idio... I mean people are mistaking your site for an official site. It's confusing people which isn't good and could, potentially, get you in trouble with EA.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 09:15:28 pm »
I have to agree with him ^

Yes, we know you uploaded them to youtube but we also know the videos are yours, when I upload a video to youtube that's not mine I don't stick my name or my website everywhere :P

Yeah enough with those. You might as well just get it from the orginal source and download it.

Spore Character Creation Gameplay
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/19078

Spore 'Premade' character creation
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/19079

They are better quality than YouTube and you don't get the stupid "MySporePage" advertisements.

Offline google_video_fan

• Revenging Yar
  • The video that started it all...
    • View Profile
    • http://othersite.org
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 09:52:15 pm »
Thanks Hydromancerx. These are some fine videos. Looks like they're running the creature editor's main menu in the start of the video. Also, what's up with Froofa? Is "it" a plant or a creature - or both!?

Also, rob, we all appreciate you uploading these videos to youtube, but perhaps you should get rid of the 1 minute ending sequence. Just stick your url image for a few seconds and that's it - no need for music or cheesy text.

i'm a fan of the GDC 2005 Spore video on Google Videos...

http://othersite.org <- my site

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 10:51:31 pm »
Thanks Hydromancerx. These are some fine videos. Looks like they're running the creature editor's main menu in the start of the video. Also, what's up with Froofa? Is "it" a plant or a creature - or both!?

Also, rob, we all appreciate you uploading these videos to youtube, but perhaps you should get rid of the 1 minute ending sequence. Just stick your url image for a few seconds and that's it - no need for music or cheesy text.

Froofa is a creature, they just made it look like a plant (which is not that hard using the right parts and textures), I wonder what else you can make creatures look like :D

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Cosmosis

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Main Creatures: "Hop Hop", "Tik Tak" and "Bum Bum"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 11:41:34 pm »
Nice find!
*loves Cosmosis for his ridiculous optimism* ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE! ;D

Offline rob

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
    • MySporePage.com
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 11:49:47 pm »
I listened :)

All future vids will just have the logo at the end no long 1+ min :)

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 12:25:36 am »
Gosh, cant these people create like... cool creatures? Not the generic hunchback?
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 01:34:20 am »
The Froofa creature (the Plant) was kinda cool. :P
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Rutilant

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 02:33:48 am »
Nice video and all, but.. Jeeze. Whoever makes these things have NO vision at all. :P

All these bipedal bi-arm-al critters. No six-legged walking tables with mouths on both ends and arms sprouting off their backs like crane arms. :P

Maybe that's their master plan. Frustrate all of us by being incredibly boring and uncreative just so we buy the editor to show them up.

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 02:41:20 am »
Nice video and all, but.. Jeeze. Whoever makes these things have NO vision at all. :P

All these bipedal bi-arm-al critters. No six-legged walking tables with mouths on both ends and arms sprouting off their backs like crane arms. :P

Maybe that's their master plan. Frustrate all of us by being incredibly boring and uncreative just so we buy the editor to show them up.

I'm hoping so...   :(

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 02:47:52 am »
what strikes me a bit is, the arrow will always be an arrow. I mean, if you grab a handle and grab the background to rotate the view, shouldn't it change into a grabbing hand? Ofcoruse this is a cosmetic detail, but psychilogically this seems more as if you have some "grasp" on the situation in your editor.

For the rest, cool video, and I'm surely gonna equip my main species with these "grey men from mars" eyes ^^.

About the creativeness: I was more annoyed by other videos where arms and legs are being slapped onto the head of the creature and then used as decoration or  flowers as tails.. that's soetmhign I'd not really do. This one was just OK, but I would also go a little more exotic, (although I don't seem to find if there's insect legs in the editor?)