Author Topic: Opening Sporepedia early?  (Read 11298 times)

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Sporepedia early?
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2008, 08:46:24 am »
What I want is for my EADM to log in, been trying all day and it says it can't connect to servers, if this happens on the day the CC is released I will be a very angry free version user.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2008, 06:11:36 pm »
Found this quote which is in line with the discussion:

‘Spore’ Surprises Continue — Lead Designer Talks Graphics, Gamer-Appeal And Dealing With
Unwelcome Appearances Of Genitalia - 2/14/08 at 3:02 pm

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/02/14/spore-surprises/

"The content in that interface, by the way, can be filtered by name or type or other categories. And it can be accessed by the Web, so that people who are at work can find creatures and have them zapped to their copy of the game at home."

Sweet...lunchtime just got more interesting! :)

Offline superdeluxe

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2008, 09:57:05 pm »
I do have a question though,

Where do spore fans go for other things than just message board posts and news,  Like just other general spore content, that wouldn't appear on message boards?  Will gaming steve have a large spore section?

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2008, 01:48:31 am »
I do have a question though,

Where do spore fans go for other things than just message board posts and news,  Like just other general spore content, that wouldn't appear on message boards?  Will gaming steve have a large spore section?

To be honest most if not ALL spore related content passes through these forums. We're so hungry for any snip of info that any quote, any wallpaper, screenshot and video that ANYONE releases will pass through here. But other than that there are several fansites you can visit who makes their own collections - google them :) I haven't found anyone with any content you can't find here though, and we usually link it first.
This IS the gamingsteve large spore section :D ...just not very organized :P

If Steve comes through on his promise of finding a dedicated Spore reporter though, he might set up a section for that alone :)

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2008, 02:19:25 am »
yeah, registered with the same anonymous registrant as mysporepage :) i thought so much :)

Offline outlander_biz

• Microvision Master
  • Muwahaha (evil laugh, shh don't tell anyone)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2008, 04:43:28 pm »
Im upset :( even when sporepedia opens I cant access the site from my work computer...

*mumble mumble....complain complain...* "stupid websense"
I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed there would be no more war