Author Topic: The incredibly important thread of emergency +4.  (Read 8656 times)

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
The incredibly important thread of emergency +4.
« on: May 26, 2008, 09:52:20 am »
Dilemma! Tragedy! Panic! Shockness!

A very serious emergency has raised its ugly, merciless head, and it requires immediate assistance!
Spore! What to do? Do I pre-order it from a store so I have the delicious pristine box and DVD, and risk not having it the day it is released? Or do I pre-order it from the EA website and sit through the painful second-by-second download observation torture, and go without my oh-so-desired physical box? Game.com claims that it can deliver it to me, so that it will arrive on the day of the release... but what if due to TRAGEDY SURPRISE MANIC EVIL my DVD arrives a day late? Or worse, two days late? Or due to several years worth of pre-orders, I dont get it for more than a week? But... the box!

ASSISTANCE REQUIRED! MAN DOWN! STAND ON THE POINT! MEEEEDIIIIIC!
(Thank you herr doctor)

And then, do I buy the full creature creator in June? All those delicious parts to play with, but i'll overplay it! It will remove some of the magic when the final thing is released. Maybe if I go with the free demo I wont ruin too much, and might not feel frustrated about having to earn pieces im already highly familiar with, and used to using on a whim. But what if by making any of my creatures prior to the game, I get used so used to seeing them, watching them do stuff in the main game isnt really that fun? Or I cant decide which creature to use, and end up trying to run several playthroughs at once (which i've done before, considerably slowing it all down).

DRAMA! INCONVENIENCE! REDUNDANCY!
(Activate the ubercharge)

Did I say that Spore isnt overhyped and people are being quite sensible about it? You FOOLS! How could you fall for that? Of course Spore is overhyped. It is everything! It is the very lynchpin holding all of existance together! Without it world economy and our entire social structure would collapse! But seriously, I cant decide whether to hazard a pre-order on the boxed edition, for fear of having to sit out of spore for a week, given how long places have been taking pre-orders. I normally get the physical box and DVD simply because online downloads can be unreliable, plus I have a whole inch of spare room to fill with useless objects. So, out of plain curiosity, how've you gone about your pre-orders, or how to you intend to buy this damn thing? Im fairly unfamiliar with straight download purchases, aside from two .PDF files I grabbed, and I dont know how reliable online pre-orders are compared to straight pre-orders visiting a store.

Offline MTCason

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
Re: The incredibly important thread of emergency +4.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 09:57:30 am »
I'm going to pre-order it from the EA Download Store when it is made available.  I've done the same thing with a LOT of other games, and they have never disappointed.

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 09:57:55 am »
i'll sleep in front of the store. no really. really really.....

nah, not really. i'm going out of my bed real early to get it ;) september 5th will be on a friday so the shops are still open  :D

if i would be american, i would download it. september 7th is on a sunday; no stores open.
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Holiace

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Leader of Tuerero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 10:02:16 am »
I'm in Sweden and I'm gonna preorder the "special edition" or whatnot.
Victor 6om6a, the Leader of the Tuerero system (http://www.sporewiki.com/Content:Tuerero)

Offline 0goober0

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 10:12:45 am »
go with the box. If the servers are backed up (which they probably will be) then it takes long to download plus you have to watch it download which is so much worse than not knowing when it's going to come. Not knowing means it might come before you expect it too which is a good thing. Plus downloading it means that if you change computers or want to install it on a second computer your screwed :o. Also, you don't get the box if you download it so you won't be able to read the manual as it's installing.

Box FTW  ;D

Offline Holiace

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Leader of Tuerero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 10:16:19 am »
I will be standing at the "gates" of the most popular gamestore here in Sweden at 10:00 AM. I don't really care if I'm supposed to be in class, I just can't be bothered unless I have a test.

Anyway, I will not order it so it'll end up at my door two days after the release. I'll go get it myself, hell yes!  ;)
Victor 6om6a, the Leader of the Tuerero system (http://www.sporewiki.com/Content:Tuerero)

Offline leanbarton

• Mystery House Madman
  • CrushYoMind in Sporepedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 10:17:41 am »
The full game will be a direct download too?

Offline Xenomorph

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 10:26:43 am »
The full game will be a direct download too?

YA
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality

Offline Sasha

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 10:27:03 am »
Yes it will.

Offline Xenomorph

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 10:33:07 am »
Yes it will.

i just said that! (sad face)
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality

Offline google_video_fan

• Revenging Yar
  • The video that started it all...
    • View Profile
    • http://othersite.org
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 10:37:02 am »
You could:

• Pre-order the physical copy.
  • Download the demo the moment it gets released.
  • Fully absord and appreciate everything in the demo.
  • Receive the physical copy.
  • Re-appreciate everything.

i'm a fan of the GDC 2005 Spore video on Google Videos...

http://othersite.org <- my site

Offline Sasha

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 10:42:54 am »
Yes it will.

Blame my lack of ability to perceive a post was posted before mine, the exact second I end up typing my answer  :-* :P

Offline Xenomorph

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 10:45:20 am »
Yes it will.

Blame my lack of ability to perceive a post was posted before mine, the exact second I end up typing my answer  :-* :P

the sloths forgive you my son  ;) :-*

but Uroboros, you have a point. i will NOT, CERTAINLY NOT,  get the full CC. it ruins it.
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality

Offline LE102071

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 10:52:22 am »
i'll sleep in front of the store. no really. really really.....

nah, not really. i'm going out of my bed real early to get it ;) september 5th will be on a friday so the shops are still open  :D

if i would be american, i would download it. september 7th is on a sunday; no stores open.

As an American...  there are LOTS of stores open on Sunday...  just a FYI...  :D

Peace

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 10:53:52 am »
I'm getting it on the EA Store, not only because I'll be able to download it as soon as it is released but also because I get a discount from buying the Spore CC :P
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.