Author Topic: Released Everywhere, party!  (Read 240911 times)

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
Re: Any time now... European / < 1 American Days!!!
« Reply #1005 on: June 17, 2008, 12:11:03 am »
CDT = GMT-5, yes. Since we're in daylight savings time that would make me (In England) at GMT+1.
So that means when the hour is 17:00 CDT, GMT(+1) will be 5+1 hours further along the clock (since CDT is 5+1 hours less than GMT) which would be 23:00. Since it's only 08:09 right now My previous statement stands.
Now the daylight savings might be calculated in the CDT, I'm not used to that designation, but in that case it would still put the release at 22:00 toinight UK time, which it isn't yet.

No. Normally EST is -5 GMT and CST is -6. Since we are in Daylight Savings Time, CDT is -5.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline xirtap

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: June 17, 2008, 12:13:14 am »
CDT = GMT-5, yes. Since we're in daylight savings time that would make me (In England) at GMT+1.
So that means when the hour is 17:00 CDT, GMT(+1) will be 5+1 hours further along the clock (since CDT is 5+1 hours less than GMT) which would be 23:00. Since it's only 08:09 right now My previous statement stands.
Now the daylight savings might be calculated in the CDT, I'm not used to that designation, but in that case it would still put the release at 22:00 toinight UK time, which it isn't yet.

I didn't read the part where it said that you got it from the order email. Now I'm starting to hate EA with a passion. They could at least notify us when they decide to change it by 17 hours.

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #1007 on: June 17, 2008, 12:18:42 am »
AH ok :)

BUT! We can register at least! :D I've finally registered Necrox to sporepedia ^^ And shared my first creature :D
(though it will only upload ONE creature oO Don't know what's happening with the rest)

Question though. How the heck do you log into the EA UK store? I managed to log out yesterday which was hard enough, but I can't find any link to log back in! Am I going blind or crazy?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 12:23:54 am by Necrox »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1008 on: June 17, 2008, 12:27:42 am »
okay. first every #()%# fan site, a portion of celebrities and some few #/%(#" chosen "fan boys":/ gets the CCC...

Then they change the release date 500 "/"(#))"#" times to all of us not fortunate enough to be liked by the spore team

and now they simply had to this as well:/, stretching it like this.

give us a break already!

it just seems dumb beyond repair:/

I know **** happens... but damn that's a whole truckload of it!

You should have stuck around during the dormant period. I bet they would have picked you if you had.

well I know why I was not picked, Ive been on and off this site many times because Ive been working on my social phobia (and a mean food poisoning around 2006 that lasted a year before it was completely gone)

The phobia has been reduced significantly since (even though the doctors thought I would never recover again)
when it was worst I could only walk 5 meters from my house before getting a severe reaction. Now I can walk 5 kilometers

Theres just a nasty little goblin within me that whishes I had focused on spore instead of the Phobia:P!
(Writing it down like this makes me realize that I should kill that goblin:P!!)

Anyway just not easy when they stretch it like this without at least writing a note like
"Because of sever issues it is being delayed a couple of hours blabla bla we truely apologize for the inconvinience"
It's the "not knowing when" thats killing me:P!

Be believe me I know social phobias. It took all my courage to go to E3. I hate those kinda of public places and I am much happier at home at my computer than I am going out and socializing. I also hate driving and  calling people on the phone. In short don't feel bad we at Gaming Steve are here :D Just sit tight and we will all have the CC and eventually Spore soon. I mean we have been waiting since 2005 for goodness sake! If we can last this long then September will be here before you know it! :D

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 17, 2008, 12:30:56 am »
rofl, ditto.

Actually for computer fairs I make an exception. I generally dislike parties where you have to show to a big group of people you dont know that you can socialize by body language and general trendy behaviour for the masses, but if theres much people together and the theme is games.. hell i've even been to nintendo cube club here in antwerp (when they did the promotion tour back in 2002 for the gamecube). So I'm a bit more social with a big crowd if it's my kind of bite.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 12:32:46 am by CosmicD »

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #1010 on: June 17, 2008, 12:35:13 am »
I love social gatherings, but I don't like parties. Does that make sense? :P Parties are usually loads of alcohol (which I don't really drink much), annoying frunk people and music so loud you can't hear your own thoughts (which isn't a problem for the drunk people).

I love to be around people though, and a night in with a bunch of friends, or a day out to a theme park or a trip to the country with friends/work etc. can be awesome :) I like having people around me... just not drunk, stupid, strangers :P

But has anyone got any idea about the EA store for UK though? How to log in?

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: June 17, 2008, 12:37:04 am »
yeah, that's the difference between the mass socializing (which is ironically very egocentric and individualistic in nature), and the thing you describe is "quality socializing", with friends who would also like to talk actually (without the need of constant impulses of alcohol and ear shattering music)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1012 on: June 17, 2008, 12:41:33 am »
Wen I am out places I usually have a pocket full of #2 pencils and my drawing folder. I draw anywhere and everywhere. Thus I am never bored as long as I have a pencil and paper. I usually have people come up to me rather than me go up to them. I enjoy it when people look over my shoulder to see what I am drawing or ask about it. I also draw pretty fast too. Back in high school I could do a full picture from blank paper to fully colored in one period (usually math class :P). While other people would have to put away their electronic items I could always leave out a pencil and paper to doodle on. :D Imagination + Art Skill = Fun for me ;) So you can imagine what a tool like the CC has done. Imagination + Spore Creature Creator = Insane amount of fun!!

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: June 17, 2008, 12:44:03 am »
AH ok :)

BUT! We can register at least! :D I've finally registered Necrox to sporepedia ^^ And shared my first creature :D
(though it will only upload ONE creature oO Don't know what's happening with the rest)

Question though. How the heck do you log into the EA UK store? I managed to log out yesterday which was hard enough, but I can't find any link to log back in! Am I going blind or crazy?

I noticed that... The Trial Version will only let you share one creature at a time.. or maybe it has a cooldown timer that resets by exiting (or signing off, though I've not tested that yet).
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline sporehunter

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • I Eat babies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: June 17, 2008, 12:47:08 am »
Wen I am out places I usually have a pocket full of #2 pencils and my drawing folder. I draw anywhere and everywhere. Thus I am never bored as long as I have a pencil and paper. I usually have people come up to me rather than me go up to them. I enjoy it when people look over my shoulder to see what I am drawing or ask about it. I also draw pretty fast too. Back in high school I could do a full picture from blank paper to fully colored in one period (usually math class :P). While other people would have to put away their electronic items I could always leave out a pencil and paper to doodle on. :D Imagination + Art Skill = Fun for me ;) So you can imagine what a tool like the CC has done. Imagination + Spore Creature Creator = Insane amount of fun!!

Mmm... sounds like a very good way to entertain your self and your how old now?
"Hey Chris, I got something for you... see it's a Bullfrog I poked some holes in it's back so it can breathe."

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #1015 on: June 17, 2008, 01:56:53 am »
Typical, this Mac is too old to play the CC. Oh well, just have to wait until I get home. No-one better steal my username though!

Offline Amazingchi

• Mystery House Madman
  • It's sooo close!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: June 17, 2008, 02:01:36 am »
I love social gatherings, but I don't like parties. Does that make sense? :P Parties are usually loads of alcohol (which I don't really drink much), annoying frunk people and music so loud you can't hear your own thoughts (which isn't a problem for the drunk people).

I love to be around people though, and a night in with a bunch of friends, or a day out to a theme park or a trip to the country with friends/work etc. can be awesome :) I like having people around me... just not drunk, stupid, strangers :P

But has anyone got any idea about the EA store for UK though? How to log in?

Not that there's much point in logging into EA store, as it's not avaiable til 11pm :(. But there is a 'login' somewhere on the left?

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: June 17, 2008, 02:20:16 am »
No email yet... no trial on their site either. At least for me.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: June 17, 2008, 02:22:20 am »
the trial is on the eu spore site though. I've downloaded it from there, it's called scc_trial_na.exe (but installs in dutch)

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: June 17, 2008, 02:33:05 am »
Yeah, just noticed... should have bought it from direct2drive... I'll do that with Spore.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.