Author Topic: Released Everywhere, party!  (Read 240198 times)

Offline Zamaza

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Daydreaming at Night
    • View Profile
Re: Any time now... European / < 1 American Days!!!
« Reply #975 on: June 16, 2008, 10:46:57 pm »
Well, I'm just confirming D2D does indeed have it. It even has a little manual with it (nothing we didn't already figure out in the demo with it though).

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: June 16, 2008, 10:49:22 pm »
hmm I already ordered on ea store, i can't really cancel it fast there i think. then I'll pay 2 times cause by the time I might have  to pay 2 times :)

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 16, 2008, 10:54:56 pm »
I should of expected as much. EA lied about the midnight release. They probably didn't expect the following to be that big, the early release of the trial should of probably shown them otherwise. *waits for the Official Free Demo so he can resume uploading creatures*.

Checking my email from EA it does say "pre-ordered release date: Wed Jun 18 12:00:00 CDT 2008" which would have been a half hour ago.

As was said. Today is the 17th. Besides, I think it's coming out 12 Noon (1 PM for the East Coast) on the 18th. Otherwise it would say 00:00:00 CDT. The use of 12, to me at least, indicates that it won't be hour for another day and a half.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #978 on: June 16, 2008, 11:10:38 pm »
you know how they updated the site awhile back?

They changed the spore box cover...

Anyway, I'm looking at the U.S. spore website, and it still says "come back the 17th".
According to other people on the forums, this is running on CDT. If that were the case, the trial would be available now.

But it isn't. And I have a feeling they mean PDT, seeing as their headquarters is in a PDT zone. And since I am in PDT zone, I will check back in an hour.
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline SouledOne

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Souled
« Reply #979 on: June 16, 2008, 11:11:55 pm »
Uh oh... I'm playing the full version now (in US) and all of a sudden I'm not able to upload any of my creatures to the sporepedia... Impending doom? Shall I start the alarm?

Offline CustodianV131

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: June 16, 2008, 11:12:46 pm »
Nothing in my mail about it being noon. They should have it up 8 hours ago here. (Netherlands)

Bad service when you can already download it form third parties, but not the publisher itself.

Should only be a technical thing to start it downloading at midnight. Would also help with people not clogging up the bandwide. Launch already!

Bad form!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 11:15:23 pm by CustodianV131 »
Do drop by on my Spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/CustodianV131
Comments verrrry welcome! Rating my creatures is much appreciated, but be honest please!

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: June 16, 2008, 11:14:21 pm »
you know how they updated the site awhile back?

They changed the spore box cover...

Anyway, I'm looking at the U.S. spore website, and it still says "come back the 17th".
According to other people on the forums, this is running on CDT. If that were the case, the trial would be available now.

But it isn't. And I have a feeling they mean PDT, seeing as their headquarters is in a PDT zone. And since I am in PDT zone, I will check back in an hour.

The EA/Maxis Studios is in Central though. EA's main head is Pacific, but Maxis is Central. That's why all dates seem to be Central. They just have to upload the CC and switch the page over to a "Download now!" page. If they'll do it sometime before morning I dunno.

On a side note; I was checking the free trail and seeing if I can get access to the Sporepedia and I went to the "help" page and requested an activation code and it told me I was already activated and to "Go play Spore!". Does this mean I won't be able to reactive/reregister because I have the early release free trial? *will burst into flames if it is so*
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline SpecialBrownies

• Donkey Kong King
  • They look so special!
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 16, 2008, 11:15:29 pm »
If you didn't pre-order, you can just go through the UK Direct2Drive site and purchase and download it right now!

That's what I did!

Plus, thanks to currency exchange rates, you save about 20 cents!
"If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with computers, they would code Spore."

-SpecialBrownies

Offline Fobok

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 16, 2008, 11:15:40 pm »
My free trial logged back into the Sporepedia again, looks like it's open with no need to re-register.

Only managed to successfully share one thing so far, though.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 16, 2008, 11:15:50 pm »
Nothing in my mail about it being noon. They should have it up 8 hours ago here.

Bad service when you can already download it form third parties but not the publisher itself.

Should only be a technical thing to start it downloading at midnight. Would also help with people not clogging up the bandwide.

Bad form!

No they shouldn't. All dates are CDT which is (American) Central Daylight (Savings) Time. That means Europeans are at least 5 or more hours ahead on the clock. It was suppose to be out an hour ago. No matter where you are.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 16, 2008, 11:16:23 pm »
My free trial logged back into the Sporepedia again, looks like it's open with no need to re-register.

T'is true! I tried a little while ago and failed now it seems to be working. HUZZAH!

Offline SouledOne

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Souled
« Reply #986 on: June 16, 2008, 11:16:57 pm »
False alarm for me, I only needed to log out and in... *hand goes away from alarm bell*

Offline CustodianV131

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 16, 2008, 11:43:57 pm »
Nothing in my mail about it being noon. They should have it up 8 hours ago here.

Bad service when you can already download it form third parties but not the publisher itself.

Should only be a technical thing to start it downloading at midnight. Would also help with people not clogging up the bandwide.

Bad form!

No they shouldn't. All dates are CDT which is (American) Central Daylight (Savings) Time. That means Europeans are at least 5 or more hours ahead on the clock. It was suppose to be out an hour ago. No matter where you are.

Oh yes, they should! Missed opportunity for good service and ensures I won't be buying form EAstore anymore. Steam, D2D, Play, Bol, Gamersgate, all so much better.

Lets hope its a sign that EA store/DM will open up soon now!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 11:45:47 pm by CustodianV131 »
Do drop by on my Spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/CustodianV131
Comments verrrry welcome! Rating my creatures is much appreciated, but be honest please!

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 16, 2008, 11:48:09 pm »
the problem i'm having with my trial account is that, the validation email of my demo account wont get sent to yahoo (it also doesn't land in the spamfilter),

(and on the dutch site there's not even a way to resend the validation email: i have to go to the us site for that.

Offline xirtap

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 16, 2008, 11:50:40 pm »
Wow. This is pretty bad, EA. Can't even keep the time you say to release it? Anyway, the demo is out, but not the full game.