Author Topic: Released Everywhere, party!  (Read 240904 times)

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
Re: 1 week! It's getting closer! :D
« Reply #690 on: June 12, 2008, 10:59:07 pm »
I know mine won't.  Yah, this is all very odd for me: this is the first time I've been excited about a game that I'm probably not even going to be getting (for a long time anyways).

Anyways, shouts to all my countdown fans!:

Hey does this prove Assymetry?
I'm not even sure if those were made in the editor.  They look more like marketing art.

If I make a creature named Bob, it will actually bob -- violently.

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
Re: 3 European / 4 American Days - Almost here!!!
« Reply #691 on: June 12, 2008, 11:00:07 pm »
I find it a bit disconcerting that EA still didnt bill my credit card, and it's friday :P

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 12, 2008, 11:01:22 pm »
I find it a bit disconcerting that EA still didnt bill my credit card, and it's friday :P
Don't worry, they'll bill it twice on Monday!

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 12, 2008, 11:12:14 pm »
Weird, they billed mine... but that's probably because I used a temporary mastercard to pay.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 12, 2008, 11:13:17 pm »
Weird, they billed mine... but that's probably because I used a temporary mastercard to pay.

What was it before/after that? A Visa? An American Express? :P
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 12, 2008, 11:15:09 pm »

What was it before/after that? A Visa? An American Express? :P

Temporary as in, I don't have a credit card, so I have to go to the ATM and create a temporary virtual credit card with a certain value that I can use for online shopping  8)

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 12, 2008, 11:18:16 pm »
Hehe, the things financial instances create  ... those kind of options almost don't exist here.

Belgium is generally scared and reserved towards antyhing that has "credit" in it, except to build houses. Belgian leaders that is, not the population: we're seem to be overall more progressive than our leaders nowadays.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 12, 2008, 11:37:23 pm »
Hehe, the things financial instances create  ... those kind of options almost don't exist here.

Belgium is generally scared and reserved towards antyhing that has "credit" in it, except to build houses. Belgian leaders that is, not the population: we're seem to be overall more progressive than our leaders nowadays.

Any given population, on average, is bound to be more progressive than it's leadership. Leaders desire power and fear losing it.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline keithn

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 12, 2008, 11:53:21 pm »
The number shall be...

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 13, 2008, 12:04:52 am »
My EYES! The PIXELS!

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline amigang

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • Vincent Perkins
« Reply #700 on: June 13, 2008, 03:30:21 am »
Cant wait any more, GIVE ME SPORE!

also notice that on file planet you can now reserve to get the demo, they must think demands going to high.
http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/spore/index.aspx

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 13, 2008, 06:32:34 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxmKRyLdBho" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxmKRyLdBho</a>
Here.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Hyfrydle

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 13, 2008, 06:38:25 am »
Why is it they never release these things before the weekend when most people have 2 free days to play.

When it comes out next week most people will be in work and only designing creatures in the evening.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 13, 2008, 06:42:12 am »
Yeah, I'd love virtual credit cards, because real credit cards are just plain suckage. I wish more sites add paybycash so we can use a wally card to pay stuff.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 13, 2008, 06:45:20 am »
Why is it they never release these things before the weekend when most people have 2 free days to play.

When it comes out next week most people will be in work and only designing creatures in the evening.

Because if there are any problems with the Servers or and Critical Issues that need immediate attention (like some missed glitch/bug that causes the game to be unstable on most systems or to not work right), there would be no developers working to fix it as quick as possible. It would have to wait until Monday morning, in which case a lot of people would be pissed. At least in theory, that's one reason it gets released in the middle of the week. Another is because it's an attempt to get people into stores during the week, as it's generally quiet on weekdays and weekends can be insane.