Author Topic: Released Everywhere, party!  (Read 240910 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: 2 weeks, let the pre-party continue!
« Reply #210 on: June 03, 2008, 06:15:44 am »
               Wasn't Friday the 13th thought to be unlucky because that was when the Order initiated the burning of all the priests and knights that were in league with the Knight's Templar?

Though, I think some of them survived by hiding and then they formed the Free Mason movement.

Offline mike20022

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • My Spore page http://www.spore.com/view/profile/mike99a
« Reply #211 on: June 03, 2008, 06:22:38 am »
My Son was born on friday the 13th and i can tell you he is a little devil  ;D

Before you say it.....     his name is Jake  :D

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 03, 2008, 11:29:13 am »

This explains a lot... has he registered on these forums?  Is his last or middle name Courtney?
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Sasha

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 03, 2008, 11:38:16 am »
i have an idea. How about leaving all the petty talk to the off - topic thread?

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 03, 2008, 11:48:58 am »

This explains a lot... has he registered on these forums?  Is his last or middle name Courtney?

I wouldn't ask personal questions about someone's son, especially when you yourself are hesitant to give out your own details.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
« Reply #215 on: June 03, 2008, 11:52:35 am »
In responce to the OP:

So, now that the Spore CC is less than a month away I'd like to know what people expect from it and if they have already planned what's the first thing they're gonna try to make on it. Post away!

I'll make random stuff at first to familiarize myself with the editor, then I'll make some of my creature that I've previously drawn and finally I'll try to make earth stuff just to try it. I'll also try some sci-fi creatures and finally when I'm done with all of that I'll just make up new creatures. (don't worry, I'll only upload stuff worth uploading :P)

I also plan on just goofin with the first creature, then trying my hand at a few I have sketched (Old sketches from years ago and some new ones) as well as some pop-culture creatures like a Pokemon or Cuthulu...

I am nearly as excited about the Sporepedia as I am the CC!!  Can't want to get in on that.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2008, 11:56:43 am »
I actually wanted to try some Pokemon too but I'll probably not upload them since I know people would kill me, so I wont upload any unless they are really good in design.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #217 on: June 03, 2008, 12:00:45 pm »
So, now that the Spore CC is less than a month away I'd like to know what people expect from it and if they have already planned what's the first thing they're gonna try to make on it. Post away!

I'll make random stuff at first to familiarize myself with the editor, then I'll make some of my creature that I've previously drawn and finally I'll try to make earth stuff just to try it. I'll also try some sci-fi creatures and finally when I'm done with all of that I'll just make up new creatures. (don't worry, I'll only upload stuff worth uploading Tongue)

Just to remind everyone what this thread is about. Please don't make it an off topic conversation.

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2008, 12:09:15 pm »
I actually wanted to try some Pokemon too but I'll probably not upload them since I know people would kill me, so I wont upload any unless they are really good in design.

I am a fan of the Pokemon games and proud of it...deeper gameplay there then people are willing to admit!

Now the show and movies, those should be burned. :p

I'll upload most everything I make, no shame, all glory!

Offline Amazingchi

• Mystery House Madman
  • It's sooo close!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2008, 12:12:42 pm »

I am a fan of the Pokemon games and proud of it...deeper gameplay there then people are willing to admit!

Now the show and movies, those should be burned. :p

I'll upload most everything I make, no shame, all glory!

Indeed, I feel it's one of the best strategy games out there. I believe it helps keep my brain active.

I doubt I'll start with pokémon, although I'll inevitably fall into the trap xD.

gec05

« Reply #220 on: June 03, 2008, 12:13:48 pm »
I think people should feel free to make whatever they want. Let them use their creativity. I think giving them that experience will help them become more proficient with using the editor.

Heck, you got people making some pretty interesting Miis of celebrities on the Wii. Lets see how good people are at replicating animals and sci-fi creatures with the creature editor.

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
« Reply #221 on: June 03, 2008, 12:16:21 pm »
Agree with you both!

The CC should be a gateway to creativity and artistic expresion.  I am a decent artist myself, self-taught, and I started recreating works of art from others when I was young.  So if people do the same with the CC, let Pokemon (Or Smurfs, or Snorks, or Gummi Bears, or Etc...) be their springboard!

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 03, 2008, 12:27:56 pm »
I will most certainly recreate many things in the CC, though they will mostly to see if it can be done, or as a joke, and probably won't be uploaded to the Sporepedia.

Unless you want to have face-huggers and giant nose monsters running around...

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
« Reply #223 on: June 03, 2008, 01:16:40 pm »
I will most certainly recreate many things in the CC, though they will mostly to see if it can be done, or as a joke, and probably won't be uploaded to the Sporepedia.

Unless you want to have face-huggers and giant nose monsters running around...

Actually the face-huggers sound cool...and if I am in the mood, nose-war!

Heh I figure the universe will be pretty huge, so with luck the Sporepedia will be pretty big by launch and the odds of randomly running into a specific creature will be low.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #224 on: June 03, 2008, 05:49:51 pm »
Gah! Won't this come out any faster!!