Author Topic: Full CC & Win2K?  (Read 1814 times)

Offline shivering_king

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
Full CC & Win2K?
« on: June 19, 2008, 01:02:30 pm »
Anybody know how I can get a copy of the full CC with Windows 2000? The EA download manager tells me I need Windows XP, which is ridiculous, because just about every XP program under the sun has no problem running on Win2K. Can I download a copy on a friend's XP machine and then copy it to my PC? What about serial #'s and all that jazz? Thanks!

Offline Captain Indigo

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
Re: Full CC & Win2K?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 01:07:04 pm »
You don't need the EA download manager - just get it straight from Spore.com. If you can't, it's also up on piratebay.com, but I don't know if it'll actually run of win2k.

^^Click^^

Offline shivering_king

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 02:52:21 pm »
I went to buy it from the spore.com site, and it took me to the EA site. I payed via CC, and it gave me an unlock code and a link to download the EA downloader. I downloaded the EA downloader, and it won't run cause I'm on Win2K. I looked on the pirate bay, and it looks like a UK copy of the full editor and I see people saying things like only 50% of the parts are active. Can someone please provide me a link to the right copy to download or let me know what I should do?

Offline Captain Indigo

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 02:56:23 pm »
I went to buy it from the spore.com site, and it took me to the EA site. I payed via CC, and it gave me an unlock code and a link to download the EA downloader. I downloaded the EA downloader, and it won't run cause I'm on Win2K. I looked on the pirate bay, and it looks like a UK copy of the full editor and I see people saying things like only 50% of the parts are active. Can someone please provide me a link to the right copy to download or let me know what I should do?

Oh sorry, I thought you meant the free editor. Don't get the full one from piratebay, that'd be piracy, and in any case, you'd still need a CD-key.

Have you tried using the free editor? It'd be good to test with that, to see if it actually works before you buy it. And as for buying, your best bet would probably be a game shop, ie. GAME, gamestop or whatever, depending on where you live.

^^Click^^

Offline shivering_king

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 03:00:49 pm »
I have the trial, and it works fine. I just paid $10 for the full version of the editor, so by whatever means I get it, I don't think it really be piracy. I just need a way to download it without hitting the EA download manager.

Offline Blulightning

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Radioactive Kitty!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 04:11:26 pm »
The trial worked? Then do like you said and download on a friend's computer.
Then, just don't install, grab ALL the folders that it downloads, and just hope that it actually installs.

It never asks you for your serial #, so hopefully that won't be a problem.

... You should also think about upgrading to WinXP or getting a new computer sometime though.... because I'm pretty sure Win 2K isn't even supported anymore...

Offline shivering_king

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 08:45:24 pm »
I went ahead and installed a copy of XP, and I'm in business. I'm pretty sure that retail Spore + Win2k is a no go just in case anybody is wondering.