Author Topic: Xbox connection problems *SOLVED*  (Read 5066 times)

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
Xbox connection problems *SOLVED*
« on: May 15, 2008, 09:55:24 am »
I have problems connecting my Xbox to my wireless router. I recently bought a wireless adapter to my xbox and tried to install it all today, but when it tests the wireless adapter all it says is "disconnected", the light on the adapter is red as it is supposed to be when it is ready to connect to a network, yet the xbox doesn't seem to detect it... what am I doing wrong? :(
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 03:12:00 am by Huckbuck »

@davidramnero

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox connection problems
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 11:49:56 am »
I'm trying to remember when I had one. I remember it being weird how they had it set up. Are you just plugging it in then running the connection test? Because i know you need to set up the network connection first. There should be a way to search for wireless networks, when under network settings. You might have to remove/reset any settings if you were using a wired connection before. You also might have to manually enter IP address and things like that. Hope that helps, good luck.

*EDIT*

I think I remember something, Goto Network Settings, then go under Edit Settings and click on the boxes and either manually or automatically search for settings. Under one of those it should bring up an option to search for wireless networks. Hope that helps, good luck.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 12:28:48 pm by ilikesanta »
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 12:53:38 pm »
I remember with my wireless network on my 360 I had to forward a few ports...but other than that I don't really know how to help you. Manually enter the info, maybe? If you go to run and type in cmd, the command box will pop up, and from there, type ipconfig/all and you can find the info there.

Of course, this is just if what santa said doesn't work.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 01:00:35 pm »
I'm trying to remember when I had one. I remember it being weird how they had it set up. Are you just plugging it in then running the connection test? Because i know you need to set up the network connection first. There should be a way to search for wireless networks, when under network settings. You might have to remove/reset any settings if you were using a wired connection before. You also might have to manually enter IP address and things like that. Hope that helps, good luck.

*EDIT*

I think I remember something, Goto Network Settings, then go under Edit Settings and click on the boxes and either manually or automatically search for settings. Under one of those it should bring up an option to search for wireless networks. Hope that helps, good luck.

Ok, will try that tomorrow, its to late now :P

And I have entered all the info like IP and the like. I hope that will work :)
@davidramnero

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 08:00:51 am »
Nothing of this worked, and I tried to install Windows Connect Now, but it said I didn't have my network adapter plugged in, but I had and the light was red.

EDIT: When I try to connect I get this error code:

W: 0000 - 0000
X: 8000 - 0013
Y: 0000 - 0000
Z: 0000 - 0000
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 08:25:13 am by Huckbuck »
@davidramnero

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 10:21:33 am »
Sorry...but I'm no microsoft tech support guy. Have you tried asking them?

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 10:42:39 am »
I sent a mail today with that error code, hopefully they know the problem. :)
@davidramnero

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 03:11:47 am »
Ok, I called support and it turned out my Wireless adapter was disfunctional, so I went to the store and had it replaced and DUNDUN! Now I'm playing GTA 4 online :D
@davidramnero