Author Topic: Factor 5 To Revive Kid Icarus?  (Read 6829 times)

gec05

Factor 5 To Revive Kid Icarus?
« on: May 09, 2008, 10:04:21 am »
http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=11895#

Check the link for the full story. Factor 5 is trying to pitch their concepts to Nintendo for a license and hopefully revive Kid Icarus. The article contains a hoard of different Pit concepts, all of them depicting him as a much more mature figure than how he appears now. What are your thoughts?

I'm impressed by the next-gen look they gave him, but nostalgic nutters may not like it. But when you get the company behind Star Wars: Rogue Squadron you can expect a solid flight shooter. I hope to see more about it if Nintendo agrees.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 03:29:49 pm by Gec »

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
Re: Factor 5 To Revive Kid Icarus
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 10:16:43 am »
I'd prefer if Nintendo did it themselves, and try to maintain the art style.
Lookin' kinda.. Prince of Persia/God of War-ish there.

The last nugget of information we have to share with you is in regards to the game's plot. At the time of the document's writing, Factor 5 had imagined a plot starring a grown-up, adult Pit, who is "cursed for thousands of years for a crime and becomes a 'fallen angel.'" The pitch adds that "a tattoo on Pit's arm bears the inscription of Pit's crime."

Dreck.
No.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 10:34:08 am by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 10:40:48 am »
ok the take they have on the game is horrible...if this is true and the story is really going to be so bad then i think the series is doomed forever...

what other games did this company make?

EDIT:...ok...they made lair...right...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 10:59:53 am by Celdur »

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 11:29:03 am »
I would rather have this gritty and grown up art style applied to the next Zelda game. Kid Icarus can stay all happy foofy foofy.

gec05

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 11:37:18 am »
I may have missed a few tidbits from the article. But yeah, I think they should lighten up their pitch and make it a little more soft and fuzzy before Nintendo lets them.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 12:50:19 pm »
I would rather have this gritty and grown up art style applied to the next Zelda game. Kid Icarus can stay all happy foofy foofy.
No, this is the kind of GRIMDARK **** that only 14-year-old kids are supposed to think is cool. Factor 5 can stay the hell away from my favorite franchises if this is what they're going to do to them. This pitch sounds like the plot for a modern Sonic game.

However, the "concept art" is so awful, I'm convinced this is a hoax. No developer as well known as Factor 5 could possibly hire a concept artist that bad.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 12:56:25 pm »
Nah Zelda would be fine with a darker atmosphere and some grit. Just because it becomes rougher does not mean that Link will be eating glass and crapping out nails.

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 01:02:40 pm »
Ugh, I'm 14 and I hate the art.

Bleh, god damn you.

Anyway, I don't like it. >.>

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 01:13:31 pm »
Nah Zelda would be fine with a darker atmosphere and some grit. Just because it becomes rougher does not mean that Link will be eating glass and crapping out nails.
There's a difference between making the atmosphere darker and turning the game into Shadow the Hedgehog, which is what this sounds like. I wonder if Pit will say damn and Hell a lot, because that sure would be cool and mature!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 01:17:00 pm »
I hope this isn't their big news though... I'd much rather have them announce a HDD or some kind of robot. Or a new Zelda.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 02:13:01 pm »
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Martham112

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 01:33:02 pm »
I don't mind the way Pit looks as an adult, but the plot seems off character.

Having never played Kid Icarus or Brawl, don't quote me when I say this, but I don't think Pit would commit crimes and be cast as a fallen angel. If anything, it should be another angel that's cast down and have Pit as an NPC.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 02:50:51 pm »
I would rather have this gritty and grown up art style thrown away and set fire to altogether. Kid Icarus can stay all happy foofy foofy.

I reckon this is better. If you try to do this kind of thing, you don't get a mature game lke Majora's Mask, you just get another Shadow the Hedgehog debacle.

Bastardman's got a pretty good point there, though. Combining that what plot the first game had, and the bizarreness of the idea that they'd redesign Pit in 3D and then do it again for no reason, I think B.S. is a pretty safe call on this one.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 02:55:19 pm »

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2008, 03:00:19 pm »
Show me one game that's done that successfully. I don't think you can.
Not a winner anymore.