Author Topic: Official System Requirements!  (Read 53062 times)

Offline Spore-addict

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
Re: Official System Requirements!
« Reply #180 on: June 01, 2008, 09:43:02 am »
excuse me a second, do you call that a gaming rig...lol.

Your cpu is an amd atholon 2000 xp. Running at 1.1ghz.

What is your motherboard...I doubt you can get so much more speed out of it.

Furthermore your graphics card is a 4200....is that worse than geforce 5900xt...?
Master Raytracer Spore-addict = KarmaCowboy

See you out there, feel free to comment my creatures.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 01, 2008, 09:48:40 am »

heres mine.

Spore-Addict,this not a place to critise ones Gaming machine >:(

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
  • 40 Years Of Pop-culture
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site
« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2008, 09:49:47 am »

Furthermore your graphics card is a 4200....is that worse than geforce 5900xt...?

It's a gaming rig, it's just 5 years old, I've been slowly upgrading it over the years, I know it still has a way to go, but I can't afford a brand new computer, unless my Stimulus is like a huge chunk of coin.

( I seriously doubt it though. )

The thing is it says I pass as far as everything else goes, just that the CPU is slower then sin.
I figure I can get a better CPU with my Stimulus check, but that'll be all I can do.
Being on a fixed income sucks yanno.

- W -
* Meh *

Offline 0goober0

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2008, 10:36:46 am »
i fail miserably....

what really sucks is that i'm not going to have time to build my new computer before the CC comes out....

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2008, 11:03:41 am »
Can't see your screenshot  :)

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2008, 11:07:54 am »
Can't see your screenshot  :)

paste the url into your adres-bar :)
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2008, 11:51:17 am »
Question since i don't know much about duo cores.

If a dual core is 3.00 does that mean it totals 6.00?. Or do both of them just equal a 3.00?.

Reason i ask is  just in case spore has much higher requirements I'm building a computer on cyber power .com for under 500. But I'm not gonna buy it until august when surely spores specs will be released.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 11:54:16 am by Gorman Conall »

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 01, 2008, 11:53:57 am »
Each of them has 3.0Ghz, although only applications and games with dual-core support will be able to use the 6Ghz, everything else that doesn't support dual core is only able to use 3.0Ghz, you can however run more aplications at a time since if one core is full the second one is used.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 01, 2008, 11:56:20 am »
Each of them has 3.0Ghz, although only applications and games with dual-core support will be able to use the 6Ghz, everything else that doesn't support dual core is only able to use 3.0Ghz, you can however run more aplications at a time since if one core is full the second one is used.

Ah i see. I will have to see if spore takes advantage of both then before i buy. Else that would be a complete waste since my current single core performs at 3.5ghz  :(.

EDIT: Eh...building the one i want would be $676.00 thats a bit out of my range. However i am sure some of the parts will go down in price by Augest.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 12:05:52 pm by Gorman Conall »

Offline KL0k

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 01, 2008, 12:11:23 pm »

a 2000+ athlon xp would run at 1.6ghz if im not mistaken. i had a 1700+ athlon xp and that ran with 1.4ghz as standard rate. if that is really a 2000+ i bet thats a bios safe mode or something through a powerloss or the like

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2008, 01:12:59 pm »
I got another silly question.

I know nothing of motherboards or RAM types.

How do i check.

Reason i ask is because as i mention eariler my processor is an AMD athlon 3500+. Its performance is rated at 3.5 GHZ. If spores recommended is not higher then that then i have no reason to get a new computer.

However i currently have 1GB RAM and i would want to add another GB or two.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 01, 2008, 01:53:51 pm »
Get SiSoftware Sandra Lite.

It's free and it gives you all the information about your hardware, like for example your motherboard model and how much RAM it supports (among many other things), it can also perform benchmarks on your hardware as well as compare it to other older or newer hardware.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Skraeling

• Akalabeth Addict
  • My what big teeth I have.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 01, 2008, 02:24:23 pm »

Ah i see. I will have to see if spore takes advantage of both then before i buy. Else that would be a complete waste since my current single core performs at 3.5ghz  :(.

EDIT: Eh...building the one i want would be $676.00 thats a bit out of my range. However i am sure some of the parts will go down in price by Augest.

Not really gorm a dual core processor WILL be faster than your single core clock for clock and even if its technically rated "slower" they are just plain faster than the old arcitechure cpus.  I went from a p4 3.2ghz to a quadcore 2.66ghz and this things MILES faster than the old one just due to the fact its such a new design process.

You wont regret getting a dual core if you can afford it.... seriously.

And unless your running vista 2gb is just peachy under XP.

No, really.  I am a card carrying scientist.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 01, 2008, 03:19:16 pm »
Thanks DD i am downloading that now.

Skraeling even so getting a dual core means getting a whole new computer. If spores recommended specs don't require a better processor then my own then  i am just going to get another GB of RAM for my current computer.

Funny little thing though. When building a computer on cyber power vista is cheaper then XP meaning if i did get a new system i would be stuck with vista lest i want to pay a stupid amount of money for xp.

EDIT: Haha i actually found a thing on newegg for you put in your brand and model computer and it brings up all the RAM sticks that works with it. Found one GB on there for 29.99 now i just have to wait for spores specs.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 03:48:42 pm by Gorman Conall »

Offline Spore-addict

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 02, 2008, 02:47:38 am »
sorry if I was too harsh.

I just dont think a 5 year old comp is considered a gaming rig...well of course that is a matter of view if that is the best you have.

Maybe we should start a new thread when the CC comes then we can determine if people have problems and help them.

You cant compare a 3.5Ghz to a 2.66 dual or quad core.

Yes you got 3.5GHZ but the dual core runs at 5.24 , well even faster you got a better technic , new cpu.

Trust me it wont feel a bit better but a ton BETTER.

Furthermore, if you multitask a lot. I think ANY reasonable computer guy does, then you will again feel much greater speed.
The comp wont go to a halt when running two programs at the same time.

All that waiting and lag you can feel on a single core because it needs to distribute the power between two applications or more is gone.
That speeds it up too.

Regarding dual or quad core there might be more discussion if you are going to feel the extra speed but go for the q6600 if you decide for a quadcore or the e9450...you wont regret it. the quadcore is down in a price level that it is a much better choice today then dual core.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 02:51:15 am by Spore-addict »
Master Raytracer Spore-addict = KarmaCowboy

See you out there, feel free to comment my creatures.