Author Topic: Official System Requirements!  (Read 53092 times)

Offline KL0k

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Official System Requirements!
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2008, 10:42:25 pm »
hm, i think that should work. maybe on low res and low detail or with lil lag, but it should do the job (according to the specs of the 1st post and add a lil bit).
im curious what it'll need for smooth gameplay on highres with all effects maxed o_O

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2008, 10:47:53 pm »
My system will run the creature creator max no problem.

I just wish they would release the specs for the actual game already. Though it is my belief that the creature creators specs are spores specs and that the creature creator does not have its own specs. But who knows.

Offline KL0k

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2008, 11:01:03 pm »
well, my comp too (i think), but... mhm.. the past showed me the "dark side of games hardware hunger" so i wouldnt place a bet on it. lol.

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2008, 02:20:44 am »
While on the topics of reqs and everyone is going on about procedural generation etc. I'm just gonna fire off a sort of related question:

Is there any word on multi-threading/processing? Far as I can tell this will be a much more CPU intensive game than it will be focused on RAM (like games with large detailed pre-made textures are), and to me it would make a would of sense if they'd multi-thread/process it so the game could make full use of several cores. I really hope they have because my quad core would like something good to chew on ^^
I know they focus on casual gamers but even low end systems you buy these days are often dual core, and even if you don't want to focus on that, you can still make flexible code which enables it as an option for systems that can handle it (at least semi).

Also a topic request for Petike. Maybe you should change either the topic or first post to include the information that you're talking about the editor, not the games reqs, as it's not currently very evident from your post :)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2008, 02:49:12 am »
Ram: 512mb  :(

Offline Amazingchi

• Mystery House Madman
  • It's sooo close!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2008, 03:04:09 am »
Ram: 512mb  :(

You think that's bad, Mines 384mb for some bizarre reason. However, saying that it can run 512mb requirement needing games...

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2008, 03:07:54 am »
You really should get more. Ram is really quite cheap now, and relatively simple to install.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2008, 03:13:15 am »
They don't sell my type of Ram anymore and when installing something that is very similar to it, it crashes my comp.. :(

Offline darkwanderer

• Astrosmasher!
  • Step into the dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2008, 04:01:54 am »
then its time to upgrade. im happy as ive got 2 gigs of ram, a dualcore processor and a 7600GT plus a soundblaster audigy 4. should be fine =D

Offline Holiace

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Leader of Tuerero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2008, 04:13:59 am »
It's pretty good that it doesn't require too much "pooower!" like Crysis.

But then again, how good/bad will the GFX be?
Victor 6om6a, the Leader of the Tuerero system (http://www.sporewiki.com/Content:Tuerero)

Offline Ciddler

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
    • View Profile
    • My Spore!
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2008, 06:31:26 am »
I think that it is important that the specs required are not too high to reach a broader customer base. Imagine if this game had requirements similar to Crysis, a select few could play it and then the entire basis of this game would be lost: the great community and contributions from people. I also think it's great so I don't have to spend any money to upgrade.

Offline Holiace

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Leader of Tuerero
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2008, 06:51:38 am »
I think that it is important that the specs required are not too high to reach a broader customer base. Imagine if this game had requirements similar to Crysis, a select few could play it and then the entire basis of this game would be lost: the great community and contributions from people. I also think it's great so I don't have to spend any money to upgrade.

I know, that was sortof my point. As long as they don't take it too far :P
Victor 6om6a, the Leader of the Tuerero system (http://www.sporewiki.com/Content:Tuerero)

Offline Ciddler

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
    • View Profile
    • My Spore!
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2008, 06:56:11 am »
But then again, how good/bad will the GFX be?

To answer your previous question, from the latest screenshots you can see that the GFX will be very bright and colourful with a hint of bloom. I am guessing that, due to the low number of polygons on creatures and the environment, I presume trees don't require that many either, it won't have a high demand. Due to the fact that it is so colourful though it will still be attractive, the world as well. Houses and vehicles might be another thing, though. They might have more to them and if you have big cities or many cities and a ton of vehicles nearby, I am sure that might slow it down a little. Just guessing here though.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2008, 07:29:54 am »
Spore, at present, looks better than Crysis to me for foliage...
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline KL0k

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2008, 07:39:06 am »
cross the fingers for me that i can sort out that account problem with the ea-support before all the spore stuff releases ::)