Author Topic: World Renowned Game Show: WILD ASSUMPTIONS!!!  (Read 14725 times)

Offline 0goober0

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
World Renowned Game Show: WILD ASSUMPTIONS!!!
« on: April 20, 2008, 07:22:24 pm »
*game show announcer voice*
"It's time for the world famous, HIGHly popular game show: WILD ASSUMPTIONS! The topic of today's show will be Spore, the game now in development by Will Wright, renowned game creator, creator of such games as SimCity and The Sims. The rules are simple: the contestant  will come up with WILD ASSUMPTIONS about the Topic Of The Day, today's topic being Spore. The assumptions must be things that have NOT been confirmed about the final release of the game. Contestants ready? 3...2...1...GO!!"

Helpful hint: assumptions may consist of things that used to be in the game but have been "taken out". You ARE allowed to assume that Maxis was lying when they said they took things out of the final version (such as a 3D water stage) or that they were lying about things that never were in the game such as multiplayer. BASICALLY: you can assume whatever the hell you want.

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
Re: World Renowned Game Show: WILD ASSUMPTIONS!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 07:25:03 pm »
Pikachu, I assume you!

I say Maxis was lying when they said Spore had editors and was a sim.  It's really going to be a prequel to Halo 4 (Something that will be revealed at Spore's release) in FPS format.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 07:55:32 pm »
Hm, a real assumption im going to make is that Spore will be somewhat linear come the space phase, and not as open ended as we are led to believe.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 08:03:22 pm »
I assume Spore will never be released.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline woohoojiffylube

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • Watching and waiting is harder than it seems
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 08:10:54 pm »
The Tide Pool Phase will be the entire game.

Offline 0goober0

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 08:23:11 pm »
I assume that we'll be able to make various kinds of pie and throw them at each other. Sure,you can eat too, but where's the fun in that? I'm going to make a creature that all I can do is bake pies and throw them at other creatures. Its gotta be really fast so it can run away after it throws the pie. I'll gather up a bunch of pies and then attack an Epic creature 10 times my size with pies. Different pies will do different things. In fact basically the entire game of Spore is about pies. The creature stage you have to collect ingredients then in the tribe stage you learn more about good baking techniques. The div and space phase are all about spreading your recipes.
I have some other assumptions but typing all this on my iPod is making my fingers hert (Sp)

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 08:29:01 pm »
My assumption is that this wild and crazy concept of microtransiactions is not going to bring about the end of the universe like so many fear, but will in fact provide us with a more in depths and variable gameplay experience.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 08:50:25 pm »
My assumption is that this wild and crazy concept of microtransiactions is not going to bring about the end of the universe like so many fear, but will in fact provide us with a more in depths and variable gameplay experience.

Last I heard the microtransactions was a misunderstanding from gamasutras part, but I'll make a wild assumption and assume they are still in :P
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Granite T. Rock

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Granite's Homepage
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 08:57:43 pm »
My wild assumption is that you can import your SimCity cities onto your planets.
My Spore Profile  ****  My Spore Videos
Wii Friend Code: 7772 0178 1092 3363  Mario Kart Code: 2363-6666-4480 (PM me when you add me)

Offline Nogardian

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • I Indeed Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 11:59:39 pm »
My wild assumption is theres going to be a planet of the wills..only its really earth! and you humans are inslaved there also i think we finaly will be able to breed a cat with a human rather then just speculate at the andromorphic cat people! i also think that at the center of the unveris will be god or rather a mirror! think about it!
Do you think god will sue Will Wright for stealing his idea?
and do you go to hell for playing Spore?

And for all you belivers Spore dose on the fly what took God 6 days and a rest to do....

Offline BBsman5

• Dragster Diehard
  • Go Spore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 01:10:26 am »
I assume Spore will be released September 7th.  :P

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 01:51:34 am »
I assume every single creature I have ever made on the forum can be replicated exactly in Spore. ;)

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 03:37:21 am »
I assume you will be able to assimilate other creatures into your collective.

Offline Zamaza

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Daydreaming at Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 05:22:35 am »
I assume that material will surface on the internet shortly after the game releases of edited pictures of people clamming to have conquered every planet in their galaxy.

I also assume someone will manage to make some very objectionable content and the media will have a feeding frenzy, because it's election time (in the US) and everyone likes hot button issues. None of this will matter, because in a dramatic turn of events EA will buy out the US government. They will use micro payments to pay your taxes.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 05:26:22 am »
Spore will beat Halo.