Author Topic: Personal Problem Discussion Thread  (Read 235575 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Personal Problem Discussion Thread
« Reply #2265 on: March 20, 2017, 08:15:37 am »
Sadly I won't be able to get to my marijuana until this evening. But yeah, I hear you about opioids and I genuinely appreciate your concern. My guy doesn't have anything anyway.

Opioid addiction is so messed up. It's like caffeine addiction but a thousand times worse. It sneaks up on you and before you realize it you're waking up with withdrawal because you couldn't dose while you were asleep.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #2266 on: March 20, 2017, 08:37:25 am »
It's doubly bad because people use it to treat pain. And guess what happens when you have withdrawal symptoms? That's right! More pain! You basically end up in a loop where you need more and more of the stuff to combat the "pain" which is actually just you building up a tolerance to it. It's really bad stuff.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2267 on: March 20, 2017, 08:47:45 am »
Yeah! And a lot of these people are normal, regular folks that probably wouldn't ever consider themselves as the type to go through drug withdrawal. They don't even know what is happening to their bodies, they just know they're feeling like crap and might not even be consciously associating the drug with the relief.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: March 20, 2017, 08:49:04 am »
Both of my dad's best friends basically ended up with their life in shambles by age 40 because of painkiller addiction. The weed is the way to go.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:34:23 am by Slinky »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: March 20, 2017, 11:31:11 am »
I love opioids. They make sickness worth it

Best part of colonoscopy? The sweet sweet drugs they give seconds before the shove they camera up my ass
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: March 21, 2017, 12:58:19 pm »
Well I've been thinking about this and I think it is really important to have some social support. Be connected to the society in some way. I was feeling pretty gloomy and empty, but now knowing there are still some people that support me gives me motivation. I just need to think back a little bit to remember that there are people that like me and respect me.

Yeah. People who say not to care what other people think are full of ****. Sometimes that's all the motivation you need. Sometimes you want to show off, sometimes you want to have meaningful connections and conversations. It's all part of humanity. We all want to be loved and respected. If you throw those needs out the window you become an empty shell.

So yeah. Show off, have ambition. Care about people, show them they matter. Love and be loved. Yeah. Support people in fulfilling their dreams and try to fulfill yours. If you give up, then you start to resent those people who succeeded. It's no good to be bitter and angry. If you are not truly satisfied with your place in the world, it's also difficult to make healthy connections with other people. So ambition and connections. I think those are two things one needs to ward off depression.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: March 21, 2017, 01:06:36 pm »
Yeah. People who say not to care what other people think are full of ****. Sometimes that's all the motivation you need. Sometimes you want to show off, sometimes you want to have meaningful connections and conversations. It's all part of humanity. We all want to be loved and respected. If you throw those needs out the window you become an empty shell.

Yeah people who say they don't care what other people think almost always give off a strong insecure (wo)manchild vibe.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2272 on: March 22, 2017, 01:45:27 pm »
Just as the other side of the coin...

I've been having a really nice day today. I woke up feeling like me, which is rare. But yeah, it's been a good day. I had a debate or an argument or something and it didn't bug me like it normally does. And I've been able to catch myself and stop myself before I go too far down the rabbit hole. That's a solid day, in my book. I'm able to achieve the small things I want to achieve.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: March 22, 2017, 03:37:51 pm »
I hope you have more days like that, Pat :)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2274 on: March 22, 2017, 03:50:42 pm »
ME TOO.

More often than not I wake up and have to rediscover who I am today. It's a weird feeling.

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: March 23, 2017, 09:08:28 am »
Yeah good to hear.

I'm feeling brighter as well. I'm supposed to have a job interview coming up soon. I also heard from another place that my portfolio was very convincing, though they did not want to hire me at the time.

Just a few days ago I was feeling like I'll never have a job again. Now I'm feeling more confident.

I'm also holding another IT lecture next week. Combining working, job search and studies can be stressful... But you just have to find a way to make it enjoyable. It is still better than sitting on your ass at home all day. I think I enjoy my free time more when I have obligations. After all, procrastination is the greatest form of enjoyment... Hah.

I think I find all sorts of things far more entertaining when I absolutely have other **** to take care of as well. Playing stupid games is oh so great when I have a big task coming up. But you know, there needs to be a balance. Too much work and I end up stressed to the max. Too much play, and I end up bored as hell. So yeah.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #2276 on: August 05, 2017, 01:00:35 am »
I was not sure where to post this.

So as you may or may not know my mom died on April 14th 2017. I have had a lot of time to think about things, cry and remember. However in my reflection and contemplation I thought about life and death from a gamer's perspective. So here goes ...

There are no resurrection potions, no extra lives or saved games.

Life is hardcore mode with perma-death and no matter how many coins you get or loot you grab you cannot take it with you.

Your high score is determined by who you influenced and loved in your life. The Love that people had for you even after your gone is what gets you the extra bonus points.

So live your life to the fullest! Tell those you love that you do frequently! Remember those that you lost as if they were on the high score board of your own life.

For there are no cheat codes or game genies in life. And that is what makes life even more special and precious.

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: August 05, 2017, 10:10:16 am »
Huh, it's kinda interesting to read what kinda problems I had in March. I was all stressed out about getting a job.

Now I have one and I am just slowly dying inside. I mean, I keep obsessing over the scars on my face. Wahh wahh wahh, I am too ugly for anyone to love me or even me to love myself. Wahh wahh wahh.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: August 07, 2017, 03:07:59 pm »
Maybe doing something with friends in your spare time will help. If you ever want to game or just talk send me a message GD
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: August 10, 2017, 12:41:21 am »
Thanks Yokto :)