Author Topic: Personal Problem Discussion Thread  (Read 232832 times)

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
Re: Personal Problem Discussion Thread
« Reply #1995 on: September 15, 2013, 01:13:50 am »
I just set a new world record for how quickly you can ruin your entire future.

Less than three weeks.

I literally managed to be forgetful enough that I missed meetings MANDATORY to my scholarship... but somehow I remembered to pick up the groceries.

Welp, there go my chances of ever getting a job.

Oh, and to make matters worse? The websites for the course are having technical difficulties.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: September 16, 2013, 06:42:19 am »
Its probably not a total loss. Generally schools and such sort of expect students to be disorganised and kinda dumb so missing those meetings may not be the END OF EVERYTHING, you may have just made it a bit more complicated for yourself but still solvable.

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: September 16, 2013, 09:17:36 am »
Nah, he's ruined his life. He's gonna live on the streets, pushing around a shopping cart and slowly spiraling into insanity.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: September 16, 2013, 11:52:03 am »
Yeah Gnoll, you probably didn't completely blow it yet.  With school bureaucracy, there's always a way around problems.  It may just mean a little extra work.

Erops, that really does suck when you can't tell if someone is bad at returning messages or is giving you the cold shoulder.  Maybe you two aren't on the same page?  It sounded before that you were just wanting a late night hookup, but are after more of a relationship now.  Maybe all she wanted out of you was a booty call, too?

How many girls are you juggling at this point?
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: September 16, 2013, 11:55:38 am »
Yeah, I missed the welcome lecture for half of my course this morning simply because I was too blind to see the words 'welcome week timetable' right next to the reading list. I even joked as the page loaded 'this is where I find out my first thing started half an hour ago...' And my flat is half an hour away.

Luckily it was just the tutors introducing themselves, so I didn't miss much. The proper introduction was in the afternoon, where I found out how young 18 year olds actually look. The guy I was sat next to looked like he should be starting his A Levels, not just finished them.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: September 16, 2013, 11:58:09 am »
Ha, same boat as you Haseri. (Not missing stuff, just being amused at how young people look. My first induction/enrolment thing is tomorrow)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: September 16, 2013, 12:08:42 pm »
It's such a weird thing, because I knew an 18 year old last year, and he looked older than these kids. Granted, he was mixed race Londoner who just came out of a young offenders institute.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: September 16, 2013, 01:49:34 pm »
Oh so you guys are the older people in class,  with real lives and responsibilities yikes.

Ink,  I'm not juggling any other girls; past two weeks my relations have been with her only. Not sure if its a relationship I'm after but I mean silence is such bull**** it leaves me few options beyond simply carry on as if I'd never been interested. I'm more or less just bitching that my feelings have been hurt and I'm almost more upset they're hurt rather than being upset at the source because I think I shouldn't feel this way (frustrated at something) at all.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: September 16, 2013, 08:57:50 pm »
So how many other girls are you juggling then?

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: September 16, 2013, 09:05:25 pm »
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: September 17, 2013, 12:39:04 am »
Oh so you guys are the older people in class,  with real lives and responsibilities yikes.

Well, it does mean I have had experiences outside school.

And I'm in a university managed flat. Basically thrown in the deep end. I don't even know if the TV license has been paid for.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: September 17, 2013, 05:50:17 am »

Well, it does mean I have had experiences outside school.

And I'm in a university managed flat. Basically thrown in the deep end. I don't even know if the TV license has been paid for.

I thought that was an outdated thing.. I guess not.

You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast. This includes the use of devices such as a computer, laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder.
It costs 145.50 for colour and 49.00 for a black and white TV Licence.

-Wolf

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: September 17, 2013, 06:09:57 am »
Ink,  I'm not juggling any other girls; past two weeks my relations have been with her only. Not sure if its a relationship I'm after but I mean silence is such bull**** it leaves me few options beyond simply carry on as if I'd never been interested. I'm more or less just bitching that my feelings have been hurt and I'm almost more upset they're hurt rather than being upset at the source because I think I shouldn't feel this way (frustrated at something) at all.

the real saviour of this forum

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: September 17, 2013, 06:45:32 am »
I thought that was an outdated thing.. I guess not.

You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast. This includes the use of devices such as a computer, laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder.
It costs 145.50 for colour and 49.00 for a black and white TV Licence.

-Wolf

It's how the BBC is paid for. Well worth it, in my opinion.

It also pays for Channel 4... at least we get Black Mirror out of it.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: October 06, 2013, 06:34:30 pm »
How do try and advance relationships with female friends with reciprocated interest on both ends?

I like like her, and she thinks I'm attractive and sweet, but I am too cold-footed to do anything.

Being suave is hard with friends.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.