Author Topic: Personal Problem Discussion Thread  (Read 238055 times)

Online Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Personal Problem Discussion Thread
« Reply #1785 on: November 17, 2012, 08:47:48 am »
Well if there's no way to stop the noise I suggest you just stop making noise >_>

Believe me, hearing someone making noise (even if its just on the edge of hearing) when you're trying to sleep is basically the most annoying thing ever. Something that could be easily ignored during the day becomes this all-pervading nerve-jangling irritant when its stopping you from sleeping.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #1786 on: November 17, 2012, 09:33:53 am »
I think your only good option is to move out, find a place of your own and so you can do what you want or rent from a friend who has similar activities. Though your next comment will be that you can't afford it mine would be to work hard to make it happen because you constantly have issues with your stepfather and it's not good for you to keep having this drama. For the short term, if it's his house then his rules and you just may not be able to talk on your headset.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: November 17, 2012, 11:37:48 am »
your quite correct ladym currently I make barely enough to afford rent here, I am looking for a higher paying job but it's not easy to do when you don't have any remarkable skills. however the house is not his, nothing is in his name, and him and his son are now constantly giving me death threats. I wish i could move in with a friend but I don't have any outside of the internets

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: November 17, 2012, 12:08:15 pm »
Hm. What's he make you pay now for rent, anyway? That's like, ****ty as **** to have to save to move out from a place you're already paying to live unhappily.

Well if you weren't in the northeast I'd offer you a room at my place next semester since I have a roomie going overseas, and thus a room open. It probably wouldn't be too much my mom owns the place and can be talked down I like to think haha. Especially since we have no backup anyway.

But I'm in Lawrence KS, so the offer would stand and all if you wanted to make the move. I mean you don't have to make any calls today but I mean if it gets like really srs, you should consider it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 12:13:22 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: November 18, 2012, 05:28:01 am »
I don't usually like to share my personal problems or current emotions online, even here, preferring to keep my two worlds separate. However, I need to cross them now because it is necessary, for myself and for my family. I am sorry, this may be painful to read and so if you do not want to have a bad moment today I would advise you to stop reading now, and do not read what follows after the line.

Fifteen days ago, my father, in the midst of a depression, decided to take his own life. There are no words I can write that can adequately follow that sentence. I have an indescribable love for my father, and infinite seems too small and forever too short. Just so I can finish this post I am going to move on to my request for help.

My father had left behind enough to support us as we laid him to rest. However, my family is feeling the burden of trying to clear out his house. We're fighting with his harpy roommate who felt entitled to his belongings and is feeling assured that she will get it since we don't have the means to travel to his house often. I also have a sister in Florida who doesn't have the money to come out here, with only ten days before he is to be buried. I really want to make sure the bitch squatting in his home doesn't get the dust on the bookshelves. I am doubly set on getting my sister in Florida over here for the funeral.

So, to accomplish those goals I set up a fundraiser. Now, sharing it on Facebook may help with my first goal, but I am going to need a great deal of help for my second. That is why I am bringing my two separate worlds together. A few people reading this may remember how I asked if people here belonged to Reddit. Well, I have already been writing about this on Reddit, it's easier to tell strangers than friends. I want to bring my fundraiser to Reddit's attention, but I am going to need some help to give it a chance of being successful. If you want to help me with that, message me on the forums or find me in IRC chat, I can't do much else today and so will be around.

I want to thank you all and also apologize for bringing something so heavy into our collective here. You have all been great friends here, and I look forward to many more lighthearted days in the future.

Online Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: November 18, 2012, 06:22:10 am »
Holy **** man. I'm so sorry.

I think this puts all the frankly trivial problems that usually fill this thread up into perspective.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: November 18, 2012, 06:45:40 am »
I don't know how much of help I could be, but I offer you my deepest sympathy's.

And as someone who has lived with depression for a long time. I can tell you, that even in the best of times, it screws with the mind. It makes everything look seem sad and hopeless even when it isn't. It greatly affects the way a person thinks and perceives things. When those bouts hit, the person affected is not themselves, they will not think or feel the way they should. Its just something I wanted to say, when something like this happens, those who were close are left with a lot of questions. But I just want you to know he was still the person you knew him as, he was just under the influence of something almost drug like. Don't let it taint your memory of him.

Good luck with your fundraiser.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #1792 on: November 18, 2012, 09:10:57 am »
I'm so sorry to hear this, a very tragic thing for you and your family to deal with.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1793 on: November 18, 2012, 01:21:59 pm »
Wizard, make sure that when you get some time, that you do something good for yourself. Do something you like or something that makes you happy. The current events in your life may be all-consuming (or maybe not, I dunno) but try to find some time to unwind.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: November 19, 2012, 12:24:25 am »
I'm not even sure what to say to something like that. Offering my condolences just doesn't seem like enough, somehow.
If you ever need somebody to just talk at, feel free to do so whenever I'm online. It's not much, but I hope it helps.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: November 19, 2012, 11:47:02 am »
I'm so sorry to hear about your father. If I had any to give, I would, but alas, our financial situation is not very good (I've got a parent out of work and the other one got screwed on their check, so we're not even sure if we can pay our rent this month). I wish you best of luck in your attempts to get your sister up to where you live and to get your father's things from his bitch roommate.

My condolences for your loss, I don't even want to think what it must be like. Stay strong.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: November 20, 2012, 08:37:00 am »
Ouch, sorry to hear that, man. :/

We're fighting with his harpy roommate who felt entitled to his belongings and is feeling assured that she will get it since we don't have the means to travel to his house often.
Wow. Just, wow.
I don't even...
How can people be like this?

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: November 28, 2012, 01:39:07 pm »
I have known mental illnesses, that's nothing new but Tuesday I had a breakdown I guess.

I'm okay now, I just want to emphasize that no matter your life situation, take care of yourself, high levels of stress and anxiety are nothing to scoff at especially if you suffer from depression.

It is terrifying to think about it now, its like looking in to a memory that doesn't belong to you. I wasn't myself, my thoughts weren't mine. The **** I could have done had I not been watched is frightening and i'm not talking about suicide or anything like that. But it is a very alien feeling.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: December 01, 2012, 05:29:32 pm »
My brand new headset snapped in half, my 100 dollar keyboard no longer works, my cpu has multiple parts needing to be replaced and best of all I was in a very serious car crash today that turned my car into a metal meatball.

nothing seems to be going my ****ing way this week, im so god damn depressed

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: December 01, 2012, 07:50:41 pm »
Whaaaaaaaaat.

How did the headphones snap?

Are you sure it's 100% broken?

CPU needing parts replaced? I've never even heard of this being a problem you either need a new CPU or you don't I always thought.

At least you're ok if your car's a meatball, was it insured or are you SoL?
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.