Author Topic: Personal Problem Discussion Thread  (Read 235571 times)

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
Personal Problem Discussion Thread
« on: April 18, 2008, 12:02:36 pm »
my friend cant tell the difference between WoW and real life...it's all he talks about and he gets picked on alot for it
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 07:05:48 am by LadyM »

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
Re: News for your Blues
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 12:42:32 pm »
Psychiatrist perhaps or a good talking to.
Seems like the only way to do it other than an intervention :P.

That's all I can offer, wish I could help your friend :(.
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Serdun

• Revenging Yar
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 02:42:03 pm »
my friend cant tell the difference between WoW and real life...it's all he talks about and he gets picked on alot for it

The weather is getting really nice out this time of year. Maybe you could take him to something fun outside, like an amusement park or something. Show him there are more interesting things to spend his time on than his overrated, addictive video game.
Yes. Of course.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 05:50:15 pm »
We live in derry an old foresty hick town filled with pedophiles nothing really to do but go out on the lake i live near

he always ditches me when i suggest doing something like that it's getting pretty bad...seriously his room is filled with the stuff and his parents just dont really care

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 05:56:07 pm »
Bad parenting could be one cause of his dilemma.
Or he just needs more of a social life.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 06:03:42 pm »
most likely

but you know kids these days..they wont let people change and its always hard when your already labeled as something

also sucks since people think i play wow also...

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 09:06:52 pm »
              Try letting him join a forum. Let him socialize with the people there. Eventually, he might get an urge to share some things that he has with the rest of the forum, like taking pictures and stuff. Afterwards, you might be able to take him outside so he could go get some pictures of your town. While the two of you are taking photos, you can ask him to do some activities with you, like walking across the woods to take some pictures.

Fixating him on a constructive hobby might help. It doesn't necessarily matter if it's an outdoor or indoor one. You might start with an indoor one and slowly introduce to him different outdoor hobbies that's related to his indoor one.

That's all I can do, Kaizer. I haven't met him in person so I'm not sure if it'll work. :-\

Still, good luck! :)

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 09:32:45 pm »
i'll try that thanks

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 06:14:29 am »
but you know kids these days..they wont let people change and its always hard when your already labeled as something

Hey, that's so true! I mean, I'm always quiet at school and people never seem to expect me to say anything. So I don't. For them, it would seem almost like out of ordinary if I ever talked. So I stay quiet and so they expect me to stay quiet and so on. Everybody just thinks I'm weird, ugly, quiet and boring. Who wants to talk with that kind of a person? People might think that they're weird, ugly and boring, too. Don't come closer to me or you might get infected! And then everyone will hate you, too! Of course, everyone wants to be popular, so they leave me alone. Ah, if only I had been funny, nice and talkative from the beginning...

Right, it can be pretty for people to change. You have been assigned a role and you must act by it. You sir, you are UNPOPULAR. Now you can proceed to be so for the rest of your life. No no, you can't change the role, sir. It has already been assigned.

Anyway, I hope things go well with your friend. Nice to hear that people still have friends who really care.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 08:19:50 am »
Thats crap. I used to be pretty unpopular in the early days of secondary school; now I am really popular. I don't think theres any sort of conspiracy to stop people being popular; if they desire such a thing. Ever considered that people sometimes don't like other people simply because they're not exceedingly likeable?

But no, obviously they're just terrified of losing social status. Maybe everyone really is that shallow.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 08:23:56 am »
If you want to be popular, become exactly like everyone else.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 08:36:45 am »
Er... great advice AW?

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 08:46:51 am »
Or...be generally quite charismatic and somewhat interesting? Being funny helps.

People who emulate each other are dull; and end up only friends with similar clones. Have fun.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 08:56:26 am »
The 'clone syndrome', god there's a lot of that at my school; mainly with females in mind

But that is closely related to 'cliques' in general school terminology, usually consisting of clone personalities and such. Unlike a 'group' of friends which doesn't ruin the group dynamic in normal terms by having multiple personality traits instead of the same dull one in 'cliques'.

That's how it is with me anyway.
Honestly I am kind of like the x factor when it comes to friends, with my mainly passive attitude I can become friends with just about everyone I meet. I am popular in my own way, just about everyone I see during school days (I mean EVERYWHERE) knows me some how. In the terms of highschool popularity (hollywood like status) I am in no means popular. The main reason why people are attracted to me is for my friendliness and my cool Al Roker like voice (Also do a good impression of Cleveland from family guy too. Also I sound like the more stereotypical white teenager with a slightly deeper voice; I say this because I am African American).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 06:58:26 am by Sporelover66 »

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 11:07:44 am »
Thats crap. I used to be pretty unpopular in the early days of secondary school; now I am really popular. I don't think theres any sort of conspiracy to stop people being popular; if they desire such a thing. Ever considered that people sometimes don't like other people simply because they're not exceedingly likeable?

But no, obviously they're just terrified of losing social status. Maybe everyone really is that shallow.

Yeah, you're right. Maybe I put it wrong in my post, but I can't be bothered to check because... well, the whole post just sounds too stupid now... But I suppose I just needed to get all the stupid thoughts out of my head for once. I mean... if you just think about something too long, it will eventually turn out a bit disproportioned, you know what I mean?

I agree that it's most likely me that is causing my own problems. Being overly paranoid about everything probably doesn't make one much more likable. But it just bothers me a bit when I'm the first one to come sit at my pals' regular bench and then they walk right past me and go sit somewhere else. And then they talk about "us 5" when there's 6 of us. They probably think I'm just incredibly stupid for not getting the message already.

Aw crap, just forget that I said anything.